HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
It would take something like that but we can't afford to be losing picks right now. We need to snag a forward in the draft with that pick.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Can't afford to lose picks anymore. It's apparent you need to Land roster (Potential) players in the draft. Manchester is pretty bare down on the Farm.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Maybe the Kings and Sabres can make a blockbuster trade. Sabres just lost in OT.

Both teams are struggling with big expectations.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Maybe the Kings and Sabres can make a blockbuster trade. Sabres just lost in OT.

Both teams are struggling with big expectations.
Swap Core players sounds good.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Stafford for Williams. That's what I'd do.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Williams, Stoll and Lewis

for

Stafford, Gaustad and Ennis

Old
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Williams, Stoll and Lewis

for

Stafford, Gaustad and Ennis
I think no team would take Lewis or Stoll at this point (Stoll is only a maybe cause his faceoff's). I can see Williams being moved, but the Kings are not going to get much back for him. It will be another struggling Winger.

But at this point that might be ok. Can't be any worse right ?

Last edited by damacles1156: 01-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Im going to make my first nutty proposal for Iginla and Borque.

Bernier, jj, hickey, williams, and 1st and stoll for borque and iginla
We need to hold onto Bernier. There's crazy rumor circulating that JQ may be seeking 8M a season.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
We need to hold onto Bernier. There's crazy rumor circulating that JQ may be seeking 8M a season.
I don't think there are any rumors on what Quick might want.

Just people talking here based on Rinne's contract.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I'd love to see that happen but can't imagine what it would take for the Kings to pull it off.
On the main board, there's a proposal for Iginla for '12 1st, '13 1st, Hickey, Toffoli and Penner.

Personally, I'd do the deal.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I don't think there are any rumors on what Quick might want.

Just people talking here based on Rinne's contract.
Was being sarcastic. Thought it was obvious.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
On the main board, there's a proposal for Iginla for '12 1st, '13 1st, Hickey, Toffoli and Penner.

Change Tyler to A-Mart I would do it. The Kings can't afford to give up on Tyler. He is pretty much the only hope for a drafted forward to make the roster the next few years (right now).

Old
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:

F that....sends LA into the dark ages in about two years with nothing to show for it. trading #1 and #2's is NOT the answer. trading two #1's for 34-year old forward is just foolish. roster and prospects only or this team will be back to the dire days of 2004-2008

say LA makes this play and wins the SC, then he retires in about 4-years. LA has a ring but then they are back to a "new 5-year" rebuild mode. this is a classic case of mortgaging the future for the short term fix.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

This team isn't winning a Cup as constructed. Iginla or no Iginla. There is work to be done with the bottom six and we need more forwards than just Iginla. No reason to do that deal either. We need to parlay those #1's into forward prospects.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
This team isn't winning a Cup as constructed. Iginla or no Iginla. There is work to be done with the bottom six and we need more forwards than just Iginla. No reason to do that deal either. We need to parlay those #1's into forward prospects.
I agree, I would love to see Iginla on the Kings but giving up too many future assets is too risky, especially if you aren't ensuring yourself a Stanley Cup. Trading for Richards is one thing as he's still young and will be a permanent fixture for a long duration.

If they were to move some roster players and some defense prospects for Iginla, then by all means, go for it, but trading away a number of firsts is too risky. I provided a post in the past that collected the data of the top 100 scorers in the NHL since the lockout and a great majority of those players were former first round selections. The Kings have to find some scoring talent in the first round.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I'm kind of surprised that so many of you are against the trade. We're getting not just a top line RW in Iginla, but someone who's going to change our team's identity. And we're only giving up 1 roster player in Penner.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:

Are you for reals??? He's maybe worth ONE 1st and Toffoli, not the Kings future. How old are you?

Old
01-07-2012, 09:20 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
I'm kind of surprised that so many of you are against the trade. We're getting not just a top line RW in Iginla, but someone who's going to change our team's identity. And we're only giving up 1 roster player in Penner.
As much as I love Iginla and the way he plays, this team needs more than him. There is no deal at the Deadline that gets the Kings over the Hump in my book. This roster is just not cup worthy (or division leading worthy).

Old
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I agree, I would love to see Iginla on the Kings but giving up too many future assets is too risky, especially if you aren't ensuring yourself a Stanley Cup. Trading for Richards is one thing as he's still young and will be a permanent fixture for a long duration.

If they were to move some roster players and some defense prospects for Iginla, then by all means, go for it, but trading away a number of firsts is too risky. I provided a post in the past that collected the data of the top 100 scorers in the NHL since the lockout and a great majority of those players were former first round selections. The Kings have to find some scoring talent in the first round.
I say if DL drafts a dman or a goalie with his first pick, he needs to go. And I'm so serious about this. I'm so sick and tired of all the goalies and dmen but no skills at our forwards. If DL doesn't get it, he needs to go.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
This season's team needs a lot more than just adding Iginla and subtracting Penner, and you want to do so while decimating what little depth the prospect pool has (and will have with those 2 first round picks)? That is just an awful, awful deal.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I never thought I'd say no to an Iginla deal either. It's hard to take, but we need our own firsts VERY badly the next two years.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:29 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I never thought I'd say no to an Iginla deal either. It's hard to take, but we need our own firsts VERY badly the next two years.
Also Dean (if he is still here) Needs to hit on them, I am talking at least Lucic/Stewart/Marchand type hit on them. The franchise can not afford to be drafting anymore Trevor Lewis type guys in the first.

I am not asking for Giroux type, but at least someone that is going to be a roster player , and put up some points(in the near feature).

Old
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

You guys are saying that now because we're going through some tough times. I still think DL's going to push for the cup this year.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
and two first rounders that most likely will be roster players down the road...so I count 3 guys. trading for Iginla and giving away this type of package is the same as those saying LA needs to make a trade for Parise at this point.

either guy would have an immediate impact in culture and the score sheet. their acquisition would also have another longer term impact on the long-term future of the club. to remain competitive in the league these days you have to fill your roster from the draft and those players have to produce.

it has taken a long 5+ rebuild process of stockpiling picks and developing prospects to get to where they are today. now when the panic button is getting hit people are looking to trade away a huge package for one player. as optimistic as i have been going into this season, i knew there was going to be some kind of patch like this they would have to overcome. most teams do, it's part of the learning process. few are fortunate to come into the league and have immediate or quick success, it typically takes time, effort and overcoming hurdles.

any trade along these lines is a clear indication of a GM in their final stages. one looking to make that last minute move that may save their ass and their job. a trade like this is what i have been dreading for the past 2-3 months as this team has floundered and underperformed.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post
and two first rounders that most likely will be roster players down the road...so I count 3 guys. trading for Iginla and giving away this type of package is the same as those saying LA needs to make a trade for Parise at this point.

either guy would have an immediate impact in culture and the score sheet. their acquisition would also have another longer term impact on the long-term future of the club. to remain competitive in the league these days you have to fill your roster from the draft and those players have to produce.

it has taken a long 5+ rebuild process of stockpiling picks and developing prospects to get to where they are today. now when the panic button is getting hit people are looking to trade away a huge package for one player. as optimistic as i have been going into this season, i knew there was going to be some kind of patch like this they would have to overcome. most teams do, it's part of the learning process. few are fortunate to come into the league and have immediate or quick success, it typically takes time, effort and overcoming hurdles.

any trade along these lines is a clear indication of a GM in their final stages. one looking to make that last minute move that may save their ass and their job. a trade like this is what i have been dreading for the past 2-3 months as this team has floundered and underperformed.
No panic button here but we brought in Richards and Gagne so we can make a push for the cup. If not this year, then when? Those 1st round picks you speak of may not be ready for 4 or 5 years. By then, our roster may have already been dismantled.

Either we go all in for the cup or not. There's no half-assing it.

Closed Thread