HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

L'Oreille undefeated & protesters get their cunney's worth

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
The real test is next week.
The 2 wins are nice but they were against 2 teams that struggle a lot on the road.

They play the Blues at home and the Bruins on the road.
If they win those I think we'll start believing in the possibility to salvage this season.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
every game we get our cunney's worth is another day i hate weirdo for not firing jacqula that much sooner

very well said

Old
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
He is................
As an AHL coach where everyone is trying to make the bigs.
Jury is still out as an NHL coach.
They too have had their injuries, only time will tell.
Boucher lost in the semi-final in his one AHL season against a team the Bulldogs should have beaten. He even got Subban back for Game 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gauthier picked him up for a career ahler .

That being said, I think Blunden is a meh 13th forward. Better than having a guy who will probably never play an nhl game I guess.
With 7 Defensemen dressed, Blunden is one of our top 11 forwards.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
No, they're not. Best to get out of your mind right away.

They need to go .670 the rest of the way to get to 94, which is Toronto's point pace. .670 would put them third in the NHL. The Habs are good, but they are not THAT good.

Winning in 2012 is fun, but it's most likely futile. Firing Martin and replacing him with Cunneyworth has already shot the season. Even if Cunneyworth somehow turns into a good coach from here on out, that ham-fisted usage that led to the 1-6 record to close out December sank the team.

It's unfortunate, because the Habs are actually a pretty good team. Injuries and all, they've managed to outscore their opponents on aggregate outside of empty-net situations. Despite a PP that's been ridiculously unable to finish, this supposedly talented bunch who can't score just inched their way into the top half of league scoring. Their goals against remains respectable despite the defensive gong shows we've seen immediately following the coaching change.

What might have been. A shame.
Sorry, but this is where your math isn't going to help you. See you in the playoffs.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

#BoomEmelin - I MUST BREAK YOU

So, who asked for this in the GDT thread?

Old
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
So, who asked for this in the GDT thread?

OMG it's Bane

Old
01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
We need the video of Emelin ****ing up Malone.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:27 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

LOL

L'Antichambre is in English

(Tretniak is on the set)

Old
01-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Seeing the way Akost, Moen and Eller play makes me really want to keep both those fas. Not only that, but they both add physicality and Moen can actually fight.

I should have said it before this game as it will seem I'm just saying this from him scoring, but I think the habs should keep Blunden. From what I've seen he's been a great 4th liner.
Agreed, how can you not sign ak now...and im leaning on moen too

I thougt blunden should of made the team from training camp, he really stood out to me as the perfect fourth liner.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Neutrino

Quote:
THIS.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Depends on whether Martin went 1-6 to close out December or not. I suspect he would have done better, seeing as the team was on a 99-point pace since the Pearn firing.
we will never know. the team looked completely out of sorts at that time. Tho i am sure you will just throw out stats to say how great they were playing despite the losses.

the game is played on the ice which transfers to points in the standings. I dont give a rats ass about the "they should be better cause the stats say so." At the end, the standings are the stats the rule out any puck possession, scoring chances, shots, etc stats.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
I hate Malone

Quick a video!

Old
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I'm happy with the way they're playing. Well, for the most part, but I have zero hope of post-season. Actually I think it's useless. They simply aren't good enough to beat contenders.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
LOL

L'Antichambre is in English

(Tretniak is on the set)

The irony that they chose tonight to have half the show in English is not lost on me

Old
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM
McSorleyStick
CYBORK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
The irony that they chose tonight to have half the show in English is not lost on me
Yeah great timing

Old
01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
NotProkofievian

Well, the habs have to go for the playoffs. I know we all dream about Grigorenko playing 3rd line C here next year, I know I do. But to be honest, lots of players within the first round have the potential to be offensive impact players at the next level. With Galchenyuk's injury, he might fall to where we drafted last year. If not, one of Gaunce or Girgensons will be kicking around. If not, there's still Hertl and Faksa who project as 1b centermen. If ALL those are gone...there's STILL guys like Zharkov and Slepyshev. And if all those guys are gone, well, **** it, it means someone like Trouba or Ceci fell to a playoff team.

Either the habs suck **** ala 2009-2010 Oilers and we go out and get Grigorenko, or we kick some ass all the way home and we land where we land.

In this draft, I think finishing with the 8th pick is in no way better than finishing with the 18th pick. There's a few guys who are clearly ahead of the pack, but the rest of the pack is very, very good.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

It was nice hearing a coach praising his young players after a game. Does a lot for their confidence. I was mad after the Eller/Subban benching but it's nice to see it was more of a one-time wake-up call thing than a blaming them thing.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
sammy d

Crimson. just curious why your saying everyone should high 5 the protesters? I have no idea what they were protesting about but if it was because Cunneyworth does not speak French I would say everyone leaving should punch the protesters in the nut sack.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Well, the habs have to go for the playoffs. I know we all dream about Grigorenko playing 3rd line C here next year, I know I do. But to be honest, lots of players within the first round have the potential to be offensive impact players at the next level. With Galchenyuk's injury, he might fall to where we drafted last year. If not, one of Gaunce or Girgensons will be kicking around. If not, there's still Hertl and Faksa who project as 1b centermen. If ALL those are gone...there's STILL guys like Zharkov and Slepyshev. And if all those guys are gone, well, **** it, it means someone like Trouba or Ceci fell to a playoff team.

Either the habs suck **** ala 2009-2010 Oilers and we go out and get Grigorenko, or we kick some ass all the way home and we land where we land.

In this draft, I think finishing with the 8th pick is in no way better than finishing with the 18th pick. There's a few guys who are clearly ahead of the pack, but the rest of the pack is very, very good.
There is also a silver lining if we continue to make a big push and that is that our young players like Eller, Emelin, Diaz and so forth who are showing great strides right now will pick up more confidence down the road and should be able to make an even bigger impact next season. Always draw on the positives. That's how I look at it.

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I'm happy with the way they're playing. Well, for the most part, but I have zero hope of post-season. Actually I think it's useless. They simply aren't good enough to beat contenders.
They can beat anyone on their day but at this point it would take a miracle to make the playoffs.

It's hard to encourage tanking when they play like this though.

Old
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I hate Malone

Quick a video!
Can someone photoshop a pancake with skid marks on it with a caption "Better luck next time, Malone"

Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Erik Goal with his 7th powerplay goal of the season JM must be mad

Old
01-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Nedved

Martin's system is great when you're playing with the redline. I was reluctant to believe a change in the system would help, it does, it absolutely does, it is night and day out there. This team looks like they're having fun and enjoying themselves, something I didn't see much of with Martin.

It's good to be back, I'm finally excited to watch the habs again. Been a boring couple years of hockey, but I'm actually looking forward to watching the next game, been tough seeing the same ****ing style every night, after night. god, it was like a prison sentence.

hockey is back!!

Old
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
Erik Goal with his 7th powerplay goal of the season JM must be mad
Research!!!

Old
01-07-2012, 09:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
we will never know. the team looked completely out of sorts at that time. Tho i am sure you will just throw out stats to say how great they were playing despite the losses.
They had one regulation loss in December. They would have had more wins if they could win a bleeping shootout, of course, but they had managed 9 points in 7 games nonetheheless, and didn't lose by more than a goal.

But they looked "out of sorts", apparently. Call me weird, but I thought the team looked a lot more out of sorts to me when Chicago and Winnipeg pasted them than at any point in December.

Last edited by MathMan: 01-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread