HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Old
01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dean has built exactly the team he believes will compete for the Stanley Cup:

Defense first coach
2 top centers
3 puck movers and 3 defensive defensemen
2 top goalies

Half way through the season and the Kings are 30th in offense and 29th on the PP. PK is 2nd and defense is 4th.

Dean's philosophy doesn't work. And he doesn't even know it yet. That is what is scary. He still believes that he knows how to build a winner. He failed in SJ and he is failing in LA.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:59 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Dean's philosophy doesn't work. And he doesn't even know it yet. That is what is scary. He still believes that he knows how to build a winner. He failed in SJ and he is failing in LA.
Sweet Jesus... can you give us at least a 3 month break between pining for Murray to get fired for 2 years before you start in with every other post asking for Dean to get fired as well?

The Kings DO suck at *every* 1PM start game. I know it's Columbus and 9 power plays and 2 months of this, but they are 6-1-3 in their last 10. They can't do much better than that! That is not a "fire the GM" record.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Sweet Jesus... can you give us at least a 3 month break between pining for Murray to get fired for 2 years before you start in with every other post asking for Dean to get fired as well?

The Kings DO suck at *every* 1PM start game. I know it's Columbus and 9 power plays and 2 months of this, but they are 6-1-3 in their last 10. They can't do much better than that! That is not a "fire the GM" record.
Oh Snap! lol

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

Zero playoff wins is a "fire the GM" record.

As soon as Dean hired Terry 2.0, it became a "fire the GM" thread.

Dean just doesn't get it and giving him more than the rest of this season would be a mistake.

Kings offense under Sutter has actually gotten worse. More possession time hasn't resulted in anything except fewer goals for everyone. Scoring less than 2 goals does not bode well for future success. Kings have been involved in three 1-0 games in the last five and have lost 2 of them. Kings just gave Columbus their first shutout in 39 games. The 29th ranked PK just went 8 for 8.

The team and coach seem to be fine with the situation.

It's time for more frustration.

You can ignore me if you want. Until there is a real change in direction, I will call for leadership changes. Dean couldn't even let Sutter pick his own coaching staff.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:25 PM
bobafettish*

i think i have become numb to all these piss poor performances.... no more anger, what i will say is i think it's time for DL, philosohpy, culture and his charts to go. doesnt matter if we fire kompon, DL has too much authority over personal that he'll just hire some lemming that will do what DL wants.

Anybody have the approximate time of when Fox and Miller get fed up and ask for trades.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I think it was after the game ended. At least I don't remember it during the game.

You could hear their frustrations with the Kings PP all third period. It was painful to listen too. They are two of the biggest Kings cheerleaders.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
sjmay*

LMAO wow,

6-1-3, and we are going to blow up the team, fire the janitor, and boycott....

LOL and I thought Toronto was a tough market....

Some of you guys need to give your heads a shake.

I could probably sum up this thread with the following:

"WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH My team didn't score 3 goals in the first 3 minutes, and the other team showed up...WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH my team isn't going to go 82-0..WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

LOL seriously guys, it's ****ing hilarious.

At this point, I am not sure what's more entertaining, you guys, or the game itself....

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

We are far more entertaining than the Kings.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LMAO wow,

"WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH My team didn't score 3 goals in the first 3 minutes, and the other team showed up...WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH my team isn't going to go 82-0..WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

At this point, I am not sure what's more entertaining, you guys, or the game itself....
If would have to be us guys because the Kings are essentially unwatchable in their current form...

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
johnjm22

So here's a challenge for everyone. Through out NHL history, how many teams can you find that have actually had a worse offense than the current Kings? (We're currently averaging 2.02 goals scored per game)

I can only find 2.

01-02 Columbus Blue Jackets 2.00 GPG
97-98 Tampa Bay Lightning 1.84 GPG

^
Both of those were in the clutch and grab era.

*Statistically speaking, this Kings team has the worst offense in "New NHL" CAP era history.

*Random fact: The leading scorer of 97-98 Lightning (Paul Ysebaert), finished the season with 40 points in 82 games, and was a -43.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
sjmay*

[QUOTE=tomd;42112361]
Quote:
LMAO wow,

At this point, I am not sure what's more entertaining, you guys, or the game itself....[/QUOTE]

If would have to be us guys because the Kings are essentially unwatchable in their current form...
LOL only if you don't appreciate the game

Old
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
So here's a challenge for everyone. Through out NHL history, how many teams can you find that have actually had a worse offense than the current Kings? (We're currently averaging 2.02 goals scored per game)

I can only find 2.

^

*Statistically speaking, this Kings team has the worst offense in "New NHL" CAP era history.

*Random fact: The leading scorer of 97-98 Lightning (Paul Ysebaert), finished the season with 40 points in 82 games, and was a -43.
Bonus points, what was the PP percentage of both of those teams

Old
01-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Shellz

Quote:
LMAO wow,

You do this every single time. You complain just as much.

And honestly, the fans have a right to complain with what's happening. It's actually quite pathetic. I'm not saying they aren't trying, but obviously something is wrong right now.

The Jackets didn't even play a good game. So, not sure where you got that. The Kings just kicked themselves in the ass.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:45 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:

LOL only if you don't appreciate the game
If you set the bar low enough, you're bound to be satisfied with the result

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

I can only find 2.

^

Check out this distinguishable list:
http://mcubed.net/nhl/gllgfpg.shtml

The Kings would be the first team after 2004 to crack that list of the worst scoring teams in NHL history. That is atrocious, especially for a team that has the ninth highest payroll in the NHL. It is simply inacceptable. How many playoff series (let alone games) does one expect such a low scoring team to win?

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:51 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

The Kings would be the first team after 2004 to crack that list of the worst scoring teams in NHL history. That is atrocious, especially for a team that has the ninth highest payroll in the NHL. It is simply inacceptable. How many playoff series (let alone games) does one expect such a low scoring team to win?
Whats funny is the Black Hawks on that list A LOT lol

Man they were awful (like the Kings) for a while.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:52 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
You do this every single time. You complain just as much.

And honestly, the fans have a right to complain with what's happening. It's actually quite pathetic. I'm not saying they aren't trying, but obviously something is wrong right now.

The Jackets didn't even play a good game. So, not sure where you got that. The Kings just kicked themselves in the ass.
I complain, about...what, the complaing?

Absolutely, I find it pathetic that people want to blow up a team and fire the coach, and the GM, after a 10 game stretch with a new coach and the team went 6-1-3, just because they don't get to see 5 goals a game,

It's like they are obligated to cheer for LA because they are from Los Angeles, despite knowing dick about the game, and actually appreciating the game.

Was today's game the finest display, no, probably not.

Was it enjoyable to watch, yea, if you like the game, there were things that were good about it.

To suggest that guys like Clifford, Lewis, Richardson, Lotkionov, hell even Westgarth have no business being in the league by guys who wouldn't know talent if it bit them in the ass is ironic at best.

It's like asking Stevie Wonder to judge a beauty contest.

Old
01-07-2012, 11:53 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
If you set the bar low enough, you're bound to be satisfied with the result
LOL there you are, missed ya last game, and the game before that...hell, it's been almost nine games since you posted I believe

Old
01-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Did we win something for that?

Can I take what's behind curtain number 2???
A new PP coach?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:55 PM
sjmay*

Quote:

This stands out,

87 2003 Minnesota Wild 42 29 10 1 2.4 2.2 95 .579 W COL 4-3 W VAN 4-3 L ANA 0-4

Averaging 2.2 goals per game, they won two playoff series...

Old
01-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Whats funny is the Black Hawks on that list A LOT lol
And their most recent team to make that list was from 1998. All of the others are from the Original Six era.

The Kings make that list only three times, which is impressive when you consider just how little talent the Andy Murray and Larry Robinson coached teams had. The only Kings squads to make that list are 1970, 1999, and 1969.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:58 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

Cool. Thanks for the link.

So basically, the 11-12 Kings are on pace to be the 3rd worst offensive team since the expansion of 1967. Damn.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
LOL there you are, missed ya last game, and the game before that...hell, it's been almost nine games since you posted I believe
I've been working on a project in North Carolina for the last month - it's next to impossible to see the Kings on TV from here. I've tried to watch online, but the internet connection is too slow. I found a sports bar that would put the game on one TV for me today (so long as it didn't interfere with any basketball telecasts)

Didn't look like I missed much ...

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
tomd

Quote:
I complain, about...what, the complaing?

Absolutely, I find it pathetic that people want to blow up a team and fire the coach, and the GM, after a 10 game stretch with a new coach and the team went 6-1-3, just because they don't get to see 5 goals a game,

It's like they are obligated to cheer for LA because they are from Los Angeles, despite knowing dick about the game, and actually appreciating the game.

Was today's game the finest display, no, probably not.

Was it enjoyable to watch, yea, if you like the game, there were things that were good about it.

To suggest that guys like Clifford, Lewis, Richardson, Lotkionov, hell even Westgarth have no business being in the league by guys who wouldn't know talent if it bit them in the ass is ironic at best.

It's like asking Stevie Wonder to judge a beauty contest.
And for the record, 6-1-3 (now 6-2-3) sounds really impressive until you just tally up wins and losses and then it is 6-5 under Sutter...not materially different than TM record. And the team is scoring less. So yeah, happy days...

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:01 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I've been working on a project in North Carolina for the last month - it's next to impossible to see the Kings on TV from here. I've tried to watch online, but the internet connection is too slow. I found a sports bar that would put the game on one TV for me today (so long as it didn't interfere with any basketball telecasts)

Didn't look like I missed much ...
LOL man, that's gotta be rough.... what do you do?