HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Canucks/Bruins

Old
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
I guess long-time tough guy Shawn Thornton doesn't believe in the code does he?

Even the great Don Cherry has said to never try to fight someone who's already been in one that period. Yet Thornton tries to fight a tired Weise and yet Weise is the coward? LOL hilarious hypocrisy.
This. Weise's fight wasn't a short one either...

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 05:59 PM
j44thor

Quote:
I guess long-time tough guy Shawn Thornton doesn't believe in the code does he?

Even the great Don Cherry has said to never try to fight someone who's already been in one that period. Yet Thornton tries to fight a tired Weise and yet Weise is the coward? LOL hilarious hypocrisy.
Then don't talk **** before the faceoff. It was clear since they both got penalites that Weise indicated he was going to fight Thornton only to skate away and try to draw a penalty.

j44thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:08 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by j44thor View Post
Then don't talk **** before the faceoff. It was clear since they both got penalites that Weise indicated he was going to fight Thornton only to skate away and try to draw a penalty.
No he was trying to draw a penalty. When one guy drops his gloves and the other doesn't the penalties should not even up.

He had no intention of fighting Shawn Thornton he is not a stupid person.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:49 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

[He had no intention of fighting Shawn Thornton he is not a stupid person.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not but he is a sissy, fits in perfect on that pathetic team. Horton hasn't fought much if at all this year, has said he is technically healthy but not feeling right after concussion. Weimp, er weisse, has 10 guys on Bruins willing to go with him, he ignores 9 of them and fights the one with PCS.

Also, feigning a fight is unsportsman like behavior, he deserved 2. Exposed as a spotpicker and AHL bum.

Oh, and I love thornton but lets face it, he isn't exactly John Scott, he is a 6-1, 6-2 at most, 215 pound technical fighter. And Weisee backs down? Come on.

Sedin scampering to bench during scum was a terrible thing to watch, heck of a talent but literally no shame in him, just gutless and not the least bit ashamed of it.

I have read some canucks fans saying glad they figured out Thomas, it will be helpful in the finals. Finals? Detroit, Chicago, even San Jose..Vancouver as constituted is not going to the finals.

Talented enough but way too soft and I don't just mean fighting, Detroit doesn't fight but they aren't soft.

Canucks are an embarrassment. In 2012, Bruins will need to beat a real team to repeat.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:58 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROMSHORETOCHARA View Post
[He had no intention of fighting Shawn Thornton he is not a stupid person.

Maybe not but he is a sissy, fits in perfect on that pathetic team. Horton hasn't fought much if at all this year, has said he is technically healthy but not feeling right after concussion. Weimp, er weisse, has 10 guys on Bruins willing to go with him, he ignores 9 of them and fights the one with PCS.

Also, feigning a fight is unsportsman like behavior, he deserved 2. Exposed as a spotpicker and AHL bum.

Oh, and I love thornton but lets face it, he isn't exactly John Scott, he is a 6-1, 6-2 at most, 215 pound technical fighter. And Weisee backs down? Come on.

Sedin scampering to bench during scum was a terrible thing to watch, heck of a talent but literally no shame in him, just gutless and not the least bit ashamed of it.

I have read some canucks fans saying glad they figured out Thomas, it will be helpful in the finals. Finals? Detroit, Chicago, even San Jose..Vancouver as constituted is not going to the finals.

Talented enough but way too soft and I don't just mean fighting, Detroit doesn't fight but they aren't soft.

Canucks are an embarrassment. In 2012, Bruins will need to beat a real team to repeat.[/QUOTE]

Weise was in a long fight. Thornton is a legit heavyweight who's dropped them with pretty much every heavyweight in the league over the last decade. Weise is not a great fighter to begin with. He was trying to draw a penalty.

He's not a sissy for not fighting Thornton while tired from a previous fight, honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
He was trying to draw a penalty.
Are you ok with that? Rats like him are terrible for the game.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:09 PM
FROMSHORETOCHARA

honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good line, well done.

As far as code goes, if weisse has fought quaider, or looch, or chara, I would totally agree that he didn't owe anyone a 2nd fight, especially thornton the bruins 4th line tough guy.

BUT, the reason thornton was so mad at him was because he felt weisee broke the code by fighting a first line player with PCS, rather than a fellow fighter.

Same thing with hansen, normally if mcqauid went after a player like him, even I, as a bruins fan, would say what the heck is he doing going after a non fighter. But if you spear a guy in the nuts, you can't turn around and say "I don't believe in violence in hockey".

And if you break the code like weisse did by fightng horton, I think Weisse really looks silly hiding behind the code and refusing to fight for a 2nd time.

FROMSHORETOCHARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 09:13 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.

As far as code goes, if weisse has fought quaider, or looch, or chara, I would totally agree that he didn't owe anyone a 2nd fight, especially thornton the bruins 4th line tough guy.

BUT, the reason thornton was so mad at him was because he felt weisee broke the code by fighting a first line player with PCS, rather than a fellow fighter.

Same thing with hansen, normally if mcqauid went after a player like him, even I, as a bruins fan, would say what the heck is he doing going after a non fighter. But if you spear a guy in the nuts, you can't turn around and say "I don't believe in violence in hockey".

And if you break the code like weisse did by fightng horton, I think Weisse really looks silly hiding behind the code and refusing to fight for a 2nd time.[/QUOTE]

Weise isn't a fighter though, my avatar jokingly mocks him being our ''enforcer'' he lost to Nick freaking Foligno. Would Foligno do too well against Thornton? no he'd leave the rink on a stretcher.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:17 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Are you ok with that? Rats like him are terrible for the game.

Trying to draw a power play by having the other guy drop his gloves has been going on since the invention of the sport. Nobody gets hurt in that situation they just look stupid. Even enforcers try to get other enforcers to do exactly what Thornton did so they can have the pp.

Rats hit from behind, hit low with the intent to injure, cross check players smaller than them after whistles, spear people and stuff like that not play mind games.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Blue Regime

Quote:
Trying to draw a power play by having the other guy drop his gloves has been going on since the invention of the sport. Nobody gets hurt in that situation they just look stupid. Even enforcers try to get other enforcers to do exactly what Thornton did so they can have the pp.

Rats hit from behind, hit low with the intent to injure, cross check players smaller than them after whistles, spear people and stuff like that not play mind games.
Diving is also a way to draw penalties. Doesn't mean its right. Idk about you or anyone else, but I have too much pride to draw penalties that way.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.

Your first problem is assuming that Weise is a "fellow fighter." The guy put up close to 30 goals in the AHL two seasons ago. Just because a player is on the 4th line doesn't equate to them being a fighter. Andrew Ebbett, all 5'9 of him, was also on the Canucks 4th line this afteroon. He has essentially been a PPG player in the AHL. Does his placement on the 4th line mean he too is a fighter? Obviously not.

The Canucks don't ice a goon like the Bruins do. You make it sound like Weise went after Bergeron. I would personally say that Weise and Horton are a match in toughness (confirmed by their afternoon tilt). Lastly, it's not as if Weise jumped Horton - they were both willing combatants.

CCF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:12 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Your first problem is assuming that Weise is a "fellow fighter." The guy put up close to 30 goals in the AHL two seasons ago. Just because a player is on the 4th line doesn't equate to them being a fighter. Andrew Ebbett, all 5'9 of him, was also on the Canucks 4th line this afteroon. He has essentially been a PPG player in the AHL. Does his placement on the 4th line mean he too is a fighter? Obviously not.

The Canucks don't ice a goon like the Bruins do. You make it sound like Weise went after Bergeron. I would personally say that Weise and Horton are a match in toughness (confirmed by their afternoon tilt). Lastly, it's not as if Weise jumped Horton - they were both willing combatants.
Bruins don't have a goon. Thornton is a good hockey player.

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:28 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
First the Marchand/Lapierre fight was one of the weakest I've ever seen and now Thornton drops his gloves and Weise wont fight him.

edit: Campbell not Marchand
Don't worry. Everyone knows Marchand does not fight, no one would have believed that.

John Bender* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:29 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
[B] honestly he'd have trouble fighting Thornton if Thornton had just finished competing in a triathlon.

And if you break the code like weisse did by fightng horton, I think Weisse really looks silly hiding behind the code and refusing to fight for a 2nd time.
Weise is not that frequent a fighter. When you carry a player like Brad Marchand on your team, you have no business crying and whining about players not fighting. Period.

Last edited by John Bender*: 01-07-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Marchand is not a figher. Weise is Mike Tyson compared to Marchand.
Old
01-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Kmode

Quote:

And if you break the code like weisse did by fightng horton, I think Weisse really looks silly hiding behind the code and refusing to fight for a 2nd time.[/QUOTE]

It's not like he jumped Horton and forced him to fight. Horton willingly dropped them with Weise. Is Weise supposed to say, "No, you are a first liner, code says I can't fight you."

Give me a break man.

Weise got a penalty for trying to goade Thornton, so he got what he deserved. End of story.

What about Chara and basically everyone else always acting tough towards the Sedins? I find that more cowardly than anything because you know you aren't even going to get a reaction from them. It's like bullying.....not cool!

Kmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:52 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
No he was trying to draw a penalty. When one guy drops his gloves and the other doesn't the penalties should not even up..
It should when Wiess clearly says let's go, goes to drop the gloves, doesn't, then turns away. Good call by the refs there is no need for garbage like that If you don't want to fight decline the offer.

I hope more refs do it so such a tactic isn't used.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I think we can all agree, that it was nice to see lappy drop the gloves, regardless how bad he is at fighting.

Backed it up.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Marchand doesnt fight? Didn't he fight Niskanen? funny that Canucks fans are talking about "codes" when u have 6 players which I believe included Weis or w/e as one of the 6. So "technically" Thornton was also in a fight in the 1st.

And once again we saw alot of great acting from the Canucks and yapping from behind the refs

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:32 AM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
First the Marchand/Lapierre fight was one of the weakest I've ever seen and now Thornton drops his gloves and Weise wont fight him.

edit: Campbell not Marchand
Nucks were brilliant today fighting when they needed to fight and being smart when needed to be smart. Bruins need to learn to do this. Thornton was too funny trying to look tough while being dumb!Then Marchand! Dumd and Dumber!
If referees had the guts each time Bruins were playing, like today, 11 PP , Bruins wouldn't even be in the playoffs.
PS: I'm not cheering for any of those 2.

hockeyrules123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:34 AM
hockeyrules123

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Bruins don't have a goon. Thornton is a good hockey player.
As good as Colton Orr...

hockeyrules123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:35 AM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I think we can all agree, that it was nice to see lappy drop the gloves, regardless how bad he is at fighting.

Backed it up.
He still, is and always will be, a joke of a hockey player.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:36 AM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules123 View Post
As good as Colton Orr...
Thornton had 20 points last year and he is on pace for slightly less this year. He is not a goon.

Last edited by canucksfan: 01-08-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old
01-08-2012, 02:25 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Backed it up.
i give him credit for dropping the gloves, but the way that guy plays and the disrespect he shows to the opposing teams, he would have had to fight someone much tougher than Campbell to get any respect. although after seeing him fight it is clear as day why he only wanted to fight Campbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules123 View Post
As good as Colton Orr...
so you don't know who Shawn Thornton is? because comparing him to colton orr in any way as a player besides fighting is a joke.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:22 AM
linden16fan

First off Weise didnt pick a fight with Horton. Horton seemed more then willing to fight. If he still has PCS like people are saying then why is he even playing. Crosby has PCS and hes not even playing.

linden16fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:38 AM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Marchand doesnt fight? Didn't he fight Niskanen? funny that Canucks fans are talking about "codes" when u have 6 players which I believe included Weis or w/e as one of the 6. So "technically" Thornton was also in a fight in the 1st.

And once again we saw alot of great acting from the Canucks and yapping from behind the refs
Sorry yes, he has NHL fights, 8 career. 1/2 of the them from junior. How could we ever question his courage?