HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#42 Kings get BJ'd ... Can we just STOP w/ Afternoon games already ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2012, 11:01 PM
  #251
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,793
vCash: 1027
Most of the people talking about DL in these threads have been disillusioned with DL for a while or have voiced concerns in the past. Look through the old topics. In the one I linked I was being critical of DL two and a half years ago.

There's no need to denigrate people because you don't agree with their views of the team.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:02 PM
  #252
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
merged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
And for the record, 6-1-3 (now 6-2-3) sounds really impressive until you just tally up wins and losses and then it is 6-5 under Sutter...not materially different than TM record. And the team is scoring less. So yeah, happy days...
No, 6-1-3, unless I am missing a game, today was the first loss in regulation under Sutter,

And if I tally it up, that's 15 points out of a possible 20,

Where are all the guys now with the percentage points BS?

Oh wait, that argument doesn't work anymore as the Kings are trending up...

Trending, really, I used trending, shoot me now...please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Most of the people talking about DL in these threads have been disillusioned with DL for a while or have voiced concerns in the past. Look through the old topics. In the one I linked I was being critical of DL two and a half years ago.

There's no need to denigrate people because you don't agree with their views of the team.
I'm not trying to denigrate anyone,

I said what I felt, and that was that pretty much.

You guys can certainly have your views on it and all, and some might feel that Taylor was a great GM and built the Kings foundation well and solid until we were teeming with prospects...

That's fine...


Last edited by TonySCV: 01-08-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: merged posts
sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:06 PM
  #253
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Am I going to Hell for laughing at this?

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
  #254
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Well, just got home... What can we say? Something has to be done. We aren't going anywhere if we continue to be unable to score.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  #255
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
No, 6-1-3, unless I am missing a game, today was the first loss in regulation under Sutter,

And if I tally it up, that's 15 points out of a possible 20,

Where are all the guys now with the percentage points BS?

Oh wait, that argument doesn't work anymore as the Kings are trending up...

Trending, really, I used trending, shoot me now...please.
I stand corrected...6-4 under DS but only 3 of those wins in regulation.

Keep in mind that all these OT and SO wins are going to hurt the kings in the playoff tie break system (if they are even in playoff contention by year end).

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  #256
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Well, just got home... What can we say? Something has to be done. We aren't going anywhere if we continue to be unable to score.
Did you try lifting the back of the net? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
I stand corrected...6-4 under DS but only 3 of those wins in regulation.

Keep in mind that all these OT and SO wins are going to hurt the kings in the playoff tie break system (if they are even in playoff contention by year end).
Only SO wins will hurt them....


Last edited by TonySCV: 01-08-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: merged posts
sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #257
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Well, just got home... What can we say? Something has to be done. We aren't going anywhere if we continue to be unable to score.
Nah. Everything's fine. The PP did everything but score. No reason to be upset. Results are overrated.

Columbus was due for a shutout.

The Kings only gave up one goal to a superior offensive team.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #258
tomd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
I'm not trying to denigrate anyone,

I said what I felt, and that was that pretty much.

You guys can certainly have your views on it and all, and some might feel that Taylor was a great GM and built the Kings foundation well and solid until we were teeming with prospects...

That's fine...
I don't think anyone has actually made the statement that DT was a better GM than DL. It looks like a dead heat right now though.

And in fairness to DT, his entire first line was wiped out by injury over the course of less than two seasons. That is tough for any team to overcome. Not to mention the obvious meddling of AEG towards the end...

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
  #259
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL man, that's gotta be rough.... what do you do?
I'm not allowed to divulge the details, but I'm doing consulting work for the government in their audit of the business practices of a very large corporation - it's likely to be all over the news in a few months.

In other words, I'm getting paid an obscene amount of money to tell someone just how stupid and wasteful they were

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:16 PM
  #260
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I'm not allowed to divulge the details, but I'm doing consulting work for the government in their audit of the business practices of a very large corporation - it's likely to be all over the news in a few months.

In other words, I'm getting paid an obscene amount of money to tell someone just how stupid and wasteful they were
LMAO hell you should send DL a bill then.

So basically, you work for the Feds lol in a general sense...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:17 PM
  #261
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Only SO wins will hurt them....
Good thing they lose more than they win.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:21 PM
  #262
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Where are all the guys now with the percentage points BS?
Um, I've posted the points percentage projections in pretty much every PGT since the Sutter era began -- or are you just not paying attention to the things that don't fit your narrative?

In fact, you should be alarmed that even WITH the 6-1-3 stretch (a .750 clip), the Kings _STILL_ aren't in the playoffs, and have to play at a .600 clip sustained for fourty games to have a _chance_ to sneak in. And I emphasize SNEAK into the playoffs.

This holier-than-thou attitude, and the clear inferences that anyone who doesn't agree with you "doesn't actually understand the game" are LIGHT-YEARS more offensive than expressing concern as the team manages to eke out wins DESPITE the problems that are clear to anyone without rose-colored glasses.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:22 PM
  #263
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LMAO hell you should send DL a bill then.

So basically, you work for the Feds lol in a general sense...
I have a 6 month contract to direct their forensic auditing efforts and analyze the data that they compile

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:26 PM
  #264
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
Um, I've posted the points percentage projections in pretty much every PGT since the Sutter era began -- or are you just not paying attention to the things that don't fit your narrative?

In fact, you should be alarmed that even WITH the 6-1-3 stretch (a .750 clip), the Kings _STILL_ aren't in the playoffs, and have to play at a .600 clip sustained for fourty games to have a _chance_ to sneak in. And I emphasize SNEAK into the playoffs.

This holier-than-thou attitude, and the clear inferences that anyone who doesn't agree with you "doesn't actually understand the game" are LIGHT-YEARS more offensive than expressing concern as the team manages to eke out wins DESPITE the problems that are clear to anyone without rose-colored glasses.
LOL sorry, I only trudged through 3 pages of "We suck, blow up the team" nonsense,

So The Kings have to play .600 hockey to sneak into the playoffs, tell me, what's the percentage on a 6-1-3 run? I mean, all the teams are just going to be playing the average right? No team would ever take a turn for the worse, or hell kickstart it up a notch right?

That's why those points percentage projections are garbage, and will always be garbage...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:26 PM
  #265
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Did you try lifting the back of the net? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL Tell you what, you try and accidently lift the net up and see what happens deal?


What do I win?

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:27 PM
  #266
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
I've been trying to get some of my friend interested in hockey but I'm afraid to let them see a Kings game. It might turn them off to the sport.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:28 PM
  #267
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
I have a 6 month contract to direct their forensic auditing efforts and analyze the data that they compile
Cool, you aren't spending six months in NC though are ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post


What do I win?
LOL not sure what your point is to be honest.... as anyone who's played the game before, knows that not exactly how one would go about "accidently" lifting the net, especially your....own?

Anyways, did ya try it? Cmon, I wanna know what the floor hockey ref said to ya


Last edited by TonySCV: 01-08-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: merged posts
sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:33 PM
  #268
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Did you try lifting the back of the net? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL not sure what your point is to be honest.... as anyone who's played the game before, knows that not exactly how one would go about "accidently" lifting the net, especially your....own?

Anyways, did ya try it? Cmon, I wanna know what the floor hockey ref said to ya
I have no clue what you are talking about Always saying how hard it is to accidentally knock a net off it's moorings. I don't think either of us knows what the other is talking about. Use more words because yours aren't satisfactory at conveying your ideas

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
  #269
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I have no clue what you are talking about Always saying how hard it is to accidentally knock a net off it's moorings. I don't think either of us knows what the other is talking about. Use more words because yours aren't satisfactory at conveying your ideas
LOL apparently not...

Did you ask the referee if you could lift the net far enough while still being lodged, to bother the goalie while your teammate scored?

Hopefully that was clear lol

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:40 PM
  #270
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!
 
PSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Cool, you aren't spending six months in NC though are ya?
Not sure yet. Originally it was only supposed to be 2 weeks here and the remainder in Southern California, but I'm about to start Week 5 here with no change in sight

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
  #271
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
LOL apparently not...

Did you ask the referee if you could lift the net far enough while still being lodged, to bother the goalie while your teammate scored?

Hopefully that was clear lol
Why would it be a goal when I am interfering with the goalie and delaying the game?

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
  #272
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,185
vCash: 500
I think Dean forgot to tell AEG (Oooops it's the Ten year plan Boys). "I'll get those Wingers, trust me".

HAN will have that shield down Admiral, WE'VE JUST GOTTA GIVE HIM MORE TIME.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:42 PM
  #273
sjmay*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Why would it be a goal when I am interfering with the goalie and delaying the game?
LOL I gotta ask some of the other officials around here what they would do, just to see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Not sure yet. Originally it was only supposed to be 2 weeks here and the remainder in Southern California, but I'm about to start Week 5 here with no change in sight
Ouch...good luck with that...hope you like grits and greens lol


Last edited by TonySCV: 01-08-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: merged posts
sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:57 PM
  #274
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,010
vCash: 500
The one thing I hate most about games at Staples.



Everything is the refs fault. No matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.

I just wish people would be obsessive like me and learn the letter of the law so they weren't ****ing imbeciles at the game and getting butt hurt and calling out the refs every two seconds for textbook hooking/interference/tripping calls and (non) calls.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:01 AM
  #275
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 500
oh good, the dislodging the net talk that took up 30 pages in the GDT has found its way to the PGT. Excellent

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.