HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #2

View Poll Results: Who is the #2 Rangers prospect?
C Michael St. Croix 6 5.41%
D Tim Erixon 80 72.07%
RW Christian Thomas 3 2.70%
D Dylan McIlrath 2 1.80%
LW J.T. Miller 6 5.41%
LW Carl Hagelin 14 12.61%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-08-2012, 02:50 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Erixon... again.

Setting ourselves up fro dissapointment with the massive expectations heaped on Kreider.
Agreed. Again.

I truly think Kreider will end up as a good 3rd liner. Just don't see him having the "hockey sense/IQ" to be a legitimate top-6 guy. I like what I've (admittedly little) seen of Fasth and Miller better than Kreider. Kreider has all the raw tools, but that seems to be it.

Back on topic...Erixon has been great. If he can add a bit of a physical edge, or a nice helping of Tortsy's Homemade Jam to his game, he could be a huge addition to the blueline.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Hagelin. Current NHLer vs guys we hope and expect to be NHLers. I voted Kreider first, but Hagelin absolutely deserves to be 2 at this point... THEN make your cases for Erixon and the rest

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:37 AM
eco's bones

Miller. Fasth.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Add Fogarty. (I accidentally voted for MSC, when I wanted to vote for Erixon...never vote when you're not quite fully awake.)

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:27 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Hagelin. Current NHLer vs guys we hope and expect to be NHLers. I voted Kreider first, but Hagelin absolutely deserves to be 2 at this point... THEN make your cases for Erixon and the rest
this is how i feel... i don't know much about the other guys but i've seen hagelin and feel he's the real deal - as a versatile two-way winger. he probably won't ever score more than 20 in a season and probably won't be a big assist man either, but he can play on any line and will only continue to improve. sort of a nice kelly miller type. that's pretty good.

i'd like to add, though, that i think hagelin, as he's already with the rangers (for good, i'd say), shouldn't be in this poll. but as he is, i'm voting for him at #2.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
That's why everyone is "down" on him. Some of us don't see the PPG player in Kreider that other's apparently are. I keep seeing expectations for him are a near PPG, 1st-line W. I see him as a 60-65 point 1st-2nd line tweener with a motor. Nothing terrible, but not a "can't-miss" future perennial NHL All-Star. Guys are expecting him to become the next Corey Perry/Zach Parise 80-point defensive forward, and that's just not reasonable. Erixon looks very much like a future 1st-pair star, and is doing so in the AHL. Kreider is struggling (given his hype) to really distinguish himself in the collegiate ranks.
Kreider is "struggling" to distinguish himself in the collegiate ranks?

After a long stretch of no games he's still 16th in NCAA. He's well over PPG. #1 on high ranked BC.

He's won MVP of several NCAA tournaments.

He's scored big goals while helping to lead his teams to: WJC Gold, WJC Bronze, NCAA Title. Lead both WJC teams in goals.

He was the youngest player for the Mens US WC team two years running.

And despite all this he's "struggling" to distinguish himself? Not really.

Very credible people in the sport openly recognize the talent level. Dave Starman, Pierre Mcguire, a few NHL GM's had been quoted, and Brad Richards to name a few.

Is he going to be a superstar? Who knows. But what he will be is an impact player.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:16 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Agreed. Again.

I truly think Kreider will end up as a good 3rd liner. Just don't see him having the "hockey sense/IQ" to be a legitimate top-6 guy. I like what I've (admittedly little) seen of Fasth and Miller better than Kreider. Kreider has all the raw tools, but that seems to be it.

Back on topic...Erixon has been great. If he can add a bit of a physical edge, or a nice helping of Tortsy's Homemade Jam to his game, he could be a huge addition to the blueline.
Sorry but no, he doesn't have poor hockey sense and IQ.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:57 AM
NYR425

Erixon add St. Croix

order should be

Kreider, Erixon, Hagelin, McIlrath, Miller, St. Croix, Fogarty, Yogan, Fasth, Lindberg. I am not a fan of Christian Thomas and would rate him 11th.

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:09 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Kreider is "struggling" to distinguish himself in the collegiate ranks?

After a long stretch of no games he's still 16th in NCAA. He's well over PPG. #1 on high ranked BC.

He's won MVP of several NCAA tournaments.

He's scored big goals while helping to lead his teams to: WJC Gold, WJC Bronze, NCAA Title. Lead both WJC teams in goals.

He was the youngest player for the Mens US WC team two years running.

And despite all this he's "struggling" to distinguish himself? Not really.

Very credible people in the sport openly recognize the talent level. Dave Starman, Pierre Mcguire, a few NHL GM's had been quoted, and Brad Richards to name a few.

Is he going to be a superstar? Who knows. But what he will be is an impact player.
Pretty much this. Kreider will probably be a top line forward for us. 65 points is first line quality

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Erixon. Add Fasth.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
pld459666

vCash: 873
JT Miller

Add Fasth

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Thomas add Bourque.
Bourque should not even be in our top 20 with his injury history and horrible play. He will likely be retired within 2-3 years.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Blueblood9

Voted Erixon this kid has the top pairing potential written all over him.

As for Krieder i see him as a 20-30g 55-65 pts. Id be absolutly thrilled with that.

IMHO people asking or thinking more of him are set up to be dissapointed.

Blueblood9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
every time I see Erixon against NHL calibre opponents, he looks overmatched.

He seems soft on the puck and easily outmuscled.

Hoping this season and maybe half of next season in the AHL helps him out.

As for top pairing? I think that is pretty far fetched

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Add McColgan

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:36 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

I agree with you that to this point Erixon has shown me no indications of being a top-pairing guy in his limited time in the NHL this year. Not saying he should be stepping right in but I would expect a flash or two.

As MDZ has shown, patience is key with young D. He can get there for sure but it may take a bit.

01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Bourque should not even be in our top 20 with his injury history and horrible play. He will likely be retired within 2-3 years.
I didn't think he was that bad in camp.

01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Easy choice, Erixon.

Add Fasth.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Really? Injury proneness is a reason to drop him on the poll? Did you have Sauer around 20-30 also when he was in juniors and injured all the time?

Yes is obviously been tougher for him to adjust to the AHL, not every player is going to make the jump from juniors to the AHL and put up a point per game. He still has more skill then anyone past the top 10 on our list. And he's the furthest thing from a lazy player on the ice.

He will be locked in before 20, as much resistance as you put up with that.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:24 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Erixon looked better the second call up but I agree his strength and compete level need some tweaking. He's not far away. Like you I like Miller better. Miller is very strong for his size and age. Like another Dubinsky.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Uncle Sam

Erixon, add Fasth.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Sorry but no, he doesn't have poor hockey sense and IQ.
Ok, SupersonicMonkey says he does indeed have it, so all my concerns are thrown out the window.

Sorry, but no, I do not see him having that sense, or enough of it for so many Ranger fans to be so hyped about him. Not much of a playmaker or play-reader at all.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:12 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
This^. Had Hagelin not proved himself, I'd have gone with Erixon, who is doing reasonably well in spotty up and down duty with the big club. But let's face it, Hagelin is pulling a McDonagh and fits like a hand in glove.

As to order:
1 Kreider
2 Hagelin
3 Miller (based on higher potential, but this is a subjective guess)
4 Erixon,
5 Thomas
6 Fasth (add)
7 McIlrath
8 gotta consider everyone else left, but leaning toward St. Croix

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Ok, SupersonicMonkey says he does indeed have it, so all my concerns are thrown out the window.

Sorry, but no, I do not see him having that sense, or enough of it for so many Ranger fans to be so hyped about him. Not much of a playmaker or play-reader at all.
Ill take the word of professionals.

Kreider is an intelligent kid. He's a reactionary player. But, you're wrong because he does read plays. Maybe its the fan with no hockey sense? Possible. Because I've seen Kreider read plays and step up in the neutral zone many times, as well as at his own blueline on penalty kills. Things like that don't appear in box scores, so, its understandable why one would assume it doesn't happen. Same thing with people stat surfing to try and make a justified argument why McIlrath is garbage. Its baseless crap.

NO player, not on the NHL roster or prospect pool is anywhere close to Kreider's physical ability.

A kid like Stepan HAS to depend on his brain, because his physical tools pale in comparison.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Ill take the word of professionals.

Kreider is an intelligent kid. He's a reactionary player. But, you're wrong because he does read plays. Maybe its the fan with no hockey sense? Possible. Because I've seen Kreider read plays and step up in the neutral zone many times, as well as at his own blueline on penalty kills. Things like that don't appear in box scores, so, its understandable why one would assume it doesn't happen. Same thing with people stat surfing to try and make a justified argument why McIlrath is garbage. Its baseless crap.

NO player, not on the NHL roster or prospect pool is anywhere close to Kreider's physical ability.

A kid like Stepan HAS to depend on his brain, because his physical tools pale in comparison.
Good one.

And quit pretending as if you're writing to someone who hasn't watched him play before. So to sit here and say I'm just reading box scores is a bit assumptive. And it's really tiring to have some posters think their opinion is the end-all, be-all. We have differing opinions. IMO, he will not fit into an NHL top-6. I see him as a great 3rd-liner, decent/streaky 2nd-liner.

Also I take the player with the brains over the player with the physical ability every day of the week and twice on Sunday.