HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Everyone comes back from injury

Old
01-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Emanresu Wen

vCash: 500
Everyone comes back from injury

It's 5:20am and I'm happy drunk.

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen
Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Darche - Nokelainen - White
Gomez (hopefully AHL or Columbus for future considerations)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli

Price
Budaj

I'm just extremely happy, this line-up will win 3/4 of the games left in this season

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:26 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli

Price
Budaj

I'm just extremely happy, this line-up will win 3/4 of the games left in this season
No team in the NHL, not even Boston who have an unreal stretch, are at a .75 clip, no one. How do you figure montreal would do this? 3/5? Maybe, 3/4? no. If montreals goes at 0.6 winning percentage they'd finish with less than 90 points. Game over. We're 7 points out of 8th with a game extra played and 5 points out of 15th with 2 games extra played. The sadest part is this comes after 2 wins a row. If that were 2 losses...1 point off bottom of the pack. At a certain point, this line up needs a NJD type of 2nd half or dreams over so I'm kinda hoping they don't fool people into thinking they'll make it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:33 AM
izzy75

LyricalLyricist -

I like you're reasoning. Though winning in a NJD kinda way makes the 2nd half much more exciting, no?

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
No team in the NHL, not even Boston who have an unreal stretch, are at a .75 clip, no one. How do you figure montreal would do this? 3/5? Maybe, 3/4? no. If montreals goes at 0.6 winning percentage they'd finish with less than 90 points. Game over. We're 7 points out of 8th with a game extra played and 5 points out of 15th with 2 games extra played. The sadest part is this comes after 2 wins a row. If that were 2 losses...1 point off bottom of the pack. At a certain point, this line up needs a NJD type of 2nd half or dreams over so I'm kinda hoping they don't fool people into thinking they'll make it.
Boston is, since November. Still, going .75 is a fairy tale.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:44 AM
76ftw

Like Dave Stubbs said. No point in looking at the standings; just win

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:54 AM
poetryinmotion

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen
Blunden - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Gill - Diaz
Weber
(Campoli gtfo)

Price
Budaj

Basically I agree with your first three forward lines and they are in the exact order too they are perfect. Only for me, darche would be waived or AHL, he no longer has a use on this team and I will take Blunden any day over him.. that guy is a true 4th liner.

On defense, same thing only I prefer Weber to be interchangable with Gill or Diaz, while Campoli needs to be traded asap. he's on the ice for at LEAST a goal against every game, and it's not just a coincidence he is by far the worst defenseman on this team. Oh and Subban just has to play with Markov. Can you picture the destruction if Marky is his old self? Thought I would understand if he is on the second pairing so we can make 1a 1b.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:04 AM
AntonCH

Quote:

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen
Cole - Desharnais - Pacioretty(this has to be broken up)

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli

Price
Budaj

When everyone gets back, the lines need to be adjusted, Pleks cammy gio need a big body on the line and there's no need imho to put 2 power forwards on one line, that said i'd go with:

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen
Gionta- Desharnais - Pacioretty
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Blunden - Nokelainen - White
Darche

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:16 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
LyricalLyricist -

I like you're reasoning. Though winning in a NJD kinda way makes the 2nd half much more exciting, no?
Maybe for us but not good for the team,between a lottery pick or a 10-13th can make a difference in the long run

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Leave him alone, he's in a good mood.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:20 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
When everyone gets back, the lines need to be adjusted, Pleks cammy gio need a big body on the line and there's no need imho to put 2 power forwards on one line
We have 3 legitimate PF's this year and boy does it feel good (Cole, Maxpac, AK46). Eller could be one too but he is more of a Sundin type and I'm very okay with that.

However, I don't see how a line of Gionta-Plekanec-Cammalleri can exactly fail, especially in a third line minutes role, they should be scoring in bunches. Cammy is scoring again and I thought Gio was for sure going to bury one last night he was playing like someone lit a fire under his arse.

Right now we have two lines that for sure are producing (Eller and DD's). That was never the case so far this season. If we can get all our lines producing and Markov back we're going to be scary good.

Old
01-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
This.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Roulin

IMO the Habs are a better team with Gomez on the ice than Darche or Nokelainen.

Quote:
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Gill - Diaz
Weber
(Campoli gtfo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli
Are people purposefully leaving out Kaberle?

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:43 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Are people purposefully leaving out Kaberle?
I can't speak for the others but in my case, yes. With Markov back at full health, and with Subban, Kaberle should feth a nice premium at the TDL if he keeps on putting points.

As for Gomez, he wouldn't be suited for a 4th line role. Nokie is, though.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
As for Gomez, he wouldn't be suited for a 4th line role. Nokie is, though.
I guess, to a certain extent, I believe hockey is a simple game, that the best players should be on the ice. When a surplus of talent is available - for example, with Team Canada, I've always liked a skilled 4th line, rather than including a player like Rob Zamuner because he's used to a certain role. I think Gomez's skating ability is an asset that outweighs anything Noke brings, regardless of who he plays with and what zone he takes faceoffs in.

Not to say that Gomez should be kept for a 4th line role going forward. A $7mil player needs big minutes, or should be cut loose. For the rest of this season, however, I don't see cap hits as being very relevant.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
psychonaut

Quote:
really if Montreal get 64% of points they would have 94 at the end of the year. Would of been good for last year. Even 64% would be hard to achieved yet not impossible.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
whismer

I prefer playing with 7d and double shift a winger like Cole, AK or MaxPac because they need to play more minutes to be efficient

Ak46 - Eller - Moen
Cole - DD - MaxPac
Gionta - Plek - Cammy
Blunden - White - DoubleShift

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin (Think this can be a very nice pairing)
Diaz-Kaberle-Weber-Gill

Where's Gomez... can't find a place for him... but I'm sure that PG will force RC to find him a place...

whismer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:

Kostitsyn - Eller - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Diaz
Campoli

Price
Budaj

Stop doing drugs. There's absolutly no grit, toughness and rough stuff on this roster.

And Markov isn't going to be back.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin

The rest is interchangable.

I'd try and goat Columbus into giving us back Wisniewski for Kaberle and some extras.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'd try and goat Columbus into giving us back Wisniewski for Kaberle and some extras.
What about the cap hit?

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I still think the Habs will make the playoff . 40 games is a lot of games .

IMO 3 of the team who are in the top 8 right now won't make the PO

Habs need a good sequence let's say they go 7-2-1 in the first 10 games of 2012( they are 2-0-0 right now) so 5-2-1 is far from impossible . They will be in the playoff picture with 30 games left in the season

Last edited by Quarantesix: 01-08-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
The outlook may look bleak but theoretically it can be done with 60%. How? With strategic wins over the teams that are competing with the Habs for the 6th-7th-8th places (and also those ranked 4th and 5th when there's an opportunity). In that paradigm the losses would be against teams that are too far ahead of the Habs to be caught or are in the West conference. Optimistically, some of the losses would be in OT or SO, giving the Habs additional points. In other words, the Habs would be dragging down their competitors in the process of piling up their own points. Of course, it would be extremely helpful if some of the direct competitors suffered losing streaks of their own,

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
This is good advice every game, every year. If you know it takes around 92 points to get into the playoffs, then you need to get 92+ points. No need obsessing with who is ahead of you, what's written on the scoreboard, or which teams are playing in "3 point" games. It's irrelevant. Get 92+ points and it all sorts itself out.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerguitar101 View Post
Stop doing drugs. There's absolutly no grit, toughness and rough stuff on this roster.

And Markov isn't going to be back.
You're too assertive. You state opinions as though they were facts. Absolute is a strong term and while some players may lack grit it doesn't apply to everyone. As for Markov, what do you know that the rest of us don't? If and when he appears in uniform, are you going to wear a tee shirt admitting that you flunked out of medical school in the second week of your first semester?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy75 View Post
LyricalLyricist -

Absolutely. Even if you don't make it, it's a certain level of internal standards enforced within the organization. They do not quit, it's amazing and it grabs hold of others around the league. Also, NJD were very fortunate to win the draft lottery and get a top 5 pick anyway. I guess good karma? Still, life doesn't always work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Boston is, since November. Still, going .75 is a fairy tale.
I know, but that was my point, even with their dominance for the majority of the year they had a slump and are not .75 with half the season done. I find it's a fair sample considering we're talking about another 41 games here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Maybe for us but not good for the team,between a lottery pick or a 10-13th can make a difference in the long run
Absolutely but it's also the game plan. Getting a top 5 pick will help us long term but if we go status quo and don't full out retool we're taking the long and sometimes uneffective way. In this case, we finish whatever we finish but attempting this dream run will have consequences. The line up posted above is better obviously but i'd rather it be retooled as its just not good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Leave him alone, he's in a good mood.
Alcohol does that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
really if Montreal get 64% of points they would have 94 at the end of the year. Would of been good for last year. Even 64% would be hard to achieved yet not impossible.
And if they get 63%? That's the issue. Is it worth the risk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The outlook may look bleak but theoretically it can be done with 60%. How? With strategic wins over the teams that are competing with the Habs for the 6th-7th-8th places (and also those ranked 4th and 5th when there's an opportunity). In that paradigm the losses would be against teams that are too far ahead of the Habs to be caught or are in the West conference. Optimistically, some of the losses would be in OT or SO, giving the Habs additional points. In other words, the Habs would be dragging down their competitors in the process of piling up their own points. Of course, it would be extremely helpful if some of the direct competitors suffered losing streaks of their own,
Absolutely, divisional wins and all that are key. Losing to Vancouver isn't same as losing to an in conference team.

Let's be honest here though, you're considering 6-8 competition. Let's look at #15. I'll make a random remaining of the year record that would give us 94 points.

27-13-1

What's funny is the NYI, last in the east need 30-13-0, 27-10-6 or any other similar looking combination to the habs. Are we asking which combination of teams they need to beat over their last 43 games or do most think it's over for them?

Either way, I realize the thread is about line ups but I seriously hope some are traded if we're not up to par by the deadline and we don't see a 'full lineup' for long.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Milhouse40

Call me crazy....but keep in mind that we didn't see all the players in this new offensive style of play that Cunneyworth is using. Some are and will be more effective.

The thing is....chemistry.
Not the best player overall....but chemistry is everything right now.
If there's not chemistry between players, we need to change

Moen - Eller - AK
Pacioretty - DD - Cole
Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta
Blundem/Darche/Nokeleinen - Plekanec - White

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gorges
Kaberle - Diaz/Gill

Tell me that Plekanec, as good as he is, have tremoundous chemistry with either Gionta and/or Cammy...Do we break all the chemistry of the other line to find chemistry with Plekanec?? While we know Gionta and Gomez have that chemisrty and with Cammy, this line could be a monster in an offensive style!!

At least...i'd try that!!

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote