HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Have the Bruins exposed the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM
a pony

vCash: 500
Clearly, Salo shouldn't have been dressed like that if he didn't expect Marchand to cheapshot him

Old
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
Actually I was at the game and the "mugging" and "interfering" was done BY Marchand on Salo after Marchand was beat to a loose puck and bumped. He started slashing and punching Salo as he skated away, and then about 30 seconds later submarined Salo on a very similar loose puck battle.
Salo was interfering with him and holding his stick. Clear as day.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
cleverusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Incorrect.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Please point out the time in that video where Salo is holding the stick, because I can't see it.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post

Please point out the time in that video where Salo is holding the stick, because I can't see it.
11 second mark.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Oddity

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
Think the only blinders on here are the ones you've got on. Thornton initiated contact with Burrows, then burrows swung his stick at air and thornton chased him right in front of the canucks bench like the dumbass goon he is. Hilarity ensued. PP goal.
Burrows gave Thornton an initial tap with his stick on the side of the leg that you see 200 times a game (literally a tap, nothing at all to get mad about), then Thornton took a bigger swing back which then led into the altercation.

It's a ridiculous thing to start a brawl over but I guess the Bruins REALLY hate Burrows.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Oddity

Quote:
11 second mark.
MOD You mean the 11 second mark where Marchand gets his stick between Salo's legs? (I'm not going to comment on whether it was intentional or not on Marchands part but Salo is NOT holding his stick.)

Last edited by Fugu: 01-08-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: watch the personal shots please
Old
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
11 second mark.
There is no holding of any stick there except his own. It seems very obvious to me that he is, in that frame, reaching down for his own stick which you can easily see he then grabs. His stick happens to be in the same general area as Marchand's because Marchand is hooking and slashing at him. I can see how you would make that mistake since you clearly want to believe that Salo is a dirty player or something, but unfortunately your belief is not correct.

Old
cleverusername

Quote:
11 second mark.
After Marchand had already started punching him. And I don't even see Salo actually HOLDING the stick.

What a joke.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:00 PM
a pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Burrows gave Thornton an initial tap with his stick on the side of the leg that you see 200 times a game (literally a tap, nothing at all to get mad about), then Thornton took a bigger swing back which then led into the altercation.

It's a ridiculous thing to start a brawl over but I guess the Bruins REALLY hate Burrows.
The Bruins behaved like thugs and expected the refs to let it go as per the entire crux of this thread. It's only that they're held accountable that we get these whiners posting everywhere about how the Bruins have been so wronged.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
west in the east

Quote:
11 second mark.
This proves that this debate has no point. I guess the bruins ARE getting so many favorable call that their fans even think when a bruin does something that should be a penalty, they see it as the opposing player taking a penalty

Old
01-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by west in the east View Post
Actually, if you read the rule (looks like the NHL didn't), even if a player goes on the ice during a line change, it's a game misconduct. So it was the right call.

I think you r debate here is going to go nowhere. Let's call this a case of the pot calling the kettle black
No, the NHL made the right call.

Burrows slashed Paille as he was getting off the ice. Paille was on the bench and Lucic had already hopped over the boards when the scrum started. [MOD]...Burrows slashed Paille, Thornton whacked Burrows, Burrows put his stick near Thornton's throat, Thornton punched Burrows and then was jumped by 6 Canuck players. The ONLY team that had an illegal skater involved in the melee was the Canucks.

Last edited by Fugu: 01-08-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: can you discuss it w/o being purposely inflammatory
Old
01-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
There is no holding of any stick there except his own. It seems very obvious to me that he is, in that frame, reaching down for his own stick which you can easily see he then grabs. His stick happens to be in the same general area as Marchand's because Marchand is hooking and slashing at him. I can see how you would make that mistake since you clearly want to believe that Salo is a dirty player or something, but unfortunately your belief is not correct.
I know Salo isnt a dirty player and I am not claiming he is. I am saying he interfered with Marchand and Marchand should have went for roughing.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Oddity

Quote:
No, the NHL made the right call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcp91LqvH8
Once again you post a video that proves you wrong. Do you really think that's a slash? Burrows TAPS his leg. There's barely any contact at all whatsoever. Anyone who thinks that should be a slash or a penalty is out of their mind.

Which skater on the Canucks do you think is on the ice illegally? Henrik? He gets right off the ice after a little push. I have no problem with the league recanting the game misconduct on Lucic, but seriously, that brawl never should have happened.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
petrishriekandgo

Ummm... that's a slash.

Last edited by Fugu: 01-08-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: YT
Old
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
The ONLY team that had an illegal skater involved in the melee was the Canucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcp91LqvH8
Quote:
70.1 Leaving the Bench - No player or goalkeeper may leave the players’ or penalty bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation. Substitutions made prior to the altercation shall be permitted provided the players so substituting do not enter the altercation.
Tell me which Canuck player left the bench to specifically start an altercation. Not illegal; they were in the midst of a line change (you know, the reason that Lucic on the ice ).

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 01-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old
01-08-2012, 01:19 PM
overtherainbow

Quote:
I know Salo isnt a dirty player and I am not claiming he is. I am saying he interfered with Marchand and Marchand should have went for roughing.
Players are responsible for their own sticks whether its highsticking or getting it stuck inbetween someone's legs. If Salo holds onto Marchand's stick with his hands then its interference but in that case it'd obviously be a holding penalty.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Your claim is incorrect.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:

You know we have main boards for this type of "discussion".

If you're cool with it, I'd like to go over to the Boston board and put my feet up.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
crazyforhockey

nhl = neville chamberlin bos= prewar germany

pacification will work....Bos said they would clean up their game ....... Salo attacked Marchand...... grow some balls shanahan

Old
01-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Bombsy

Quote:
No, the NHL made the right call
Burrows slashed Paille as he was getting off the ice. Paille was on the bench and Lucic had already hopped over the boards when the scrum started. [MOD]...Burrows slashed Paille, Thornton whacked Burrows, Burrows put his stick near Thornton's throat, Thornton punched Burrows and then was jumped by 6 Canuck players. The ONLY team that had an illegal skater involved in the melee was the Canucks.
So the Canucks had 7 skaters on at the time hey?

You really see the game through rose-coloured Bruins glasses. Pointing out Salo holding Marchand's stick at the :11 second mark of that other video proves that. Video evidence shows one thing while you try to claim another.

Burrows' tap on Paille is something that the Bruins do 100 times a game. They hack and whack and punch everyone and everything they can after the whistles. That's fine, that's their game, but don't act like it's not.

I don't blame you for being a homer. I defended Todd Bertuzzi for his sucker punch on Steve Moore, so I know what it's like to be completely blinded by the team I love.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:01 PM
MitchP

Quote:
Its not like they are biting fingers and spearing. Do you consider those acts acceptable?
Arn't bruins fans always talking about how great they are even though they are missing their best player (from 3 years ago) That best player has been called out for biting TWICE

Thornton must be made of steel if he can take a spear to the throat and not even flinch while superman punching a guy in the face (a guy that he slashed in the back of the leg right before Burrows evil spartan like ONE HANDED, NO CONTACT thrust

why is it that boston has these kind of games with ALL their rivals, The fans on the bruins board were calling for bloodbaths and to put guys in the hospital.. congrats you acheived that but please stop pretending that isn't exactly what that team was looking for.

For divers the canucks could sure get some lessons from Horton and the clinic the B's were putting on at the end of the game.

For unclassy whiners I wish players from the B's, Sanjose, chicago could give the canucks some lessons on how to use twitter, interviews etc to really class up their non whining.

The hypocrisy is getting sooooo pathetic.

Last edited by MitchP: 01-08-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old
01-08-2012, 06:29 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchP View Post
Arn't bruins fans always talking about how great they are even though they are missing their best player (from 3 years ago) That best player has been called out for biting TWICE

Thornton must be made of steel if he can take a spear to the throat and not even flinch while superman punching a guy in the face (a guy that he slashed in the back of the leg right before Burrows evil spartan like ONE HANDED, NO CONTACT thrust

why is it that boston has these kind of games with ALL their rivals, The fans on the bruins board were calling for bloodbaths and to put guys in the hospital.. congrats you acheived that but please stop pretending that isn't exactly what that team was looking for.

For divers the canucks could sure get some lessons from Horton and the clinic the B's were putting on at the end of the game.

For unclassy whiners I wish players from the B's, Sanjose, chicago could give the canucks some lessons on how to use twitter, interviews etc to really class up their non whining.

The hypocrisy is getting sooooo pathetic.
someone should put a video together of the bruins diving with the bruin fan holding the no diving sign up between each one.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Huntershin Karuk
Bo Knows

Boston Blinders.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
someone should put a video together of the bruins diving with the bruin fan holding the no diving sign up between each one.
That would be great!

Closed Thread