HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues vs. Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
i was a big fan of halak
the way he rose up was nice

wish the best for him

Old
01-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I'm pretty sure Hitchcock announced last week that Halak would play in Montreal. I know his general rule is to let a goalie start following a shutout, but I think an exception will be made here. Doesn't hurt that Halak is on a 6-0-3 run right now either.
I heard last night on CBC that Hitchcock was going to start Halak.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
LOL The Halak fans are hilarious in this thread.

Price is the main reason we are not last in the East this year.
Not even in the slightest way accurate. All things considered Price has been consistently ok, rarely spectacular, and some point costing mental mistakes have crept back into his game.

The team's problems lie in the forward group but Price has been just as mediocre as the other 22 guys on the roster. Most people see this.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:01 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Where's Aebischer?
shutting out the bulldogs

Old
01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Not even in the slightest way accurate. All things considered Price has been consistently ok, rarely spectacular, and some point costing mental mistakes have crept back into his game.

The team's problems lie in the forward group but Price has been just as mediocre as the other 22 guys on the roster. Most people see this.
Ok, I can't let this go. We need to take you to the examination room after that big hit for the concussion test.

Q. Earth...round or flat?
Q. Gravity...fact or fiction?
Q. Don Cherry...great Canadian or embarrassment to the country's intellect?
Q. Laviolette...poised coach or dramatic actor?
Q. Will Rick Santorum actually win the GOP nomination or will it just settle back to Romney? OK, given it's getting close to that time, that one's scary. Well, for the republicans' hopes of winning.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:08 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

From Down goes Brown's latest post:

•Carey Price is one of the absolute best goaltenders in the entire league and does not get enough respect from the wait a second did he just give up a goal in warmup? BOOOOOO!!!

Don't know where he got that idea

Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

You forgot about the first 30 games of the season . But hey you're a Habs fan so nothing new here.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
A coward? I'm not sure you understand the meaning of that word.
I think he meant Cow Herd. That's fair.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Ok, I can't let this go. We need to take you to the examination room after that big hit for the concussion test.

Q. Earth...round or flat?
Q. Gravity...fact or fiction?
Q. Don Cherry...great Canadian or embarrassment to the country's intellect?
Q. Laviolette...poised coach or dramatic actor?
Q. Will Rick Santorum actually win the GOP nomination or will it just settle back to Romney? OK, given it's getting close to that time, that one's scary. Well, for the republicans' hopes of winning.
His post seemed accurate to me. Price has been extremely consistent this year but he hasn't been great. He hasn't been awful either -- he's been average. That's it. He's been far from the biggest problem on the team this year but he's had a hand in our struggles at times. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
habscup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerguitar101 View Post
Carey Price is one of the biggest disappointments in the NHL actually. We took a 5th draft pick to draft this cluster ****** instead of guys such as Anze Kopitar or Paul Stastny.

This high draft pick (5th) should be THE best goalie of the actual NHL. But who is the real Carey Price? It's the one that you saw before the last year, and this year: he is too much of a coward to put up good numbers when his spot is won on the Habs' roster. This year, he is the real Carey Price, with his .913% (24th in the league). I wouldn't be afraid to say that he's the reason why the team sucks so much - because it relies on its goalies and Price is too much of a coward to get the job done. In fact, the bandwagoner is you, for loving Carey Price because he only had one good season out of five - last year. I never liked him and I will never do.

For his global numbers in career, it says it all. .916%, 2.57GAA...
And Jaro? .915% and 2.53GAA. While playing with Carey Price, he always had better numbers also.

But look at Halak's salary.
And wait a couple of months and wait to see Carey Price's salary.

So many things wrong with this post. First, Anze Kopitar or Paul Stastny you are in love with are 26th and 134th in league scoring respectively.

Second, when a goalie is outworked, never catches a break, has a team with the worse offense in the league at one point, the worse powerplay, a team who's defensemen are soft as butter, who stand around and watch, who are unable to move from in from in front of the net, with softies like kaberle, diaz, weber, gill, who have constituded the 4,5,6,7 d on any night, and then you have a sophomore subban who is making a ton of mistakes this year, missed coverages, etc. You don't realise that Price is a ton better puck handler then Halak, and is a big reason of why our penalty killing is 2nd in the whole league. How many times has Price cleared the puck all by himself? Also during even strenght, Price is so infuriating to play against for the opposing team because he stops most dump ins and helps our d tremendously.

Also, against direct competition, only Pittsburgh, Boston and the Rangers have allowed less goals than the habs in the east, and trust me it aint budaj who has made that happen.

You don't seem to understand that in order to judge a goalie's play you need to watch them and not just open a stat sheet and compare a goalie like Halak who has barely started 20 of his team's games to a goalie who has started 36 of 41. Halak has no pressure, he isn't even the number 1 goalie of his team.

Halak's talent level is way below Price's, and you simply can not compare stats because that is leaving out the context of both guys situation.

2.45 GAA and 0.913 save percentage with this sad team is an achievement in itself.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
His post seemed accurate to me. Price has been extremely consistent this year but he hasn't been great. He hasn't been awful either -- he's been average. That's it. He's been far from the biggest problem on the team this year but he's had a hand in our struggles at times. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.
Me I dont understand how someone cannot see that Price didnt have offensive support all year and that he have a very young defense in front of him .

Old
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
You forgot about the first 30 games of the season . But hey you're a Habs fan so nothing new here.
24th place goaltender on the 24th placed team. Seems about right to me and what I've seen.

Is it better to be a Price fan over being a Habs fan?

Old
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Tuggy

Coldplay (Cristobal Huet) and natey throwing Price down. Big surprise...some things never change.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Me I dont understand how someone cannot see that Price didnt have offensive support all year and that he have a very young defense in front of him .
I don't think there's anyone who would disagree with you on that. As I said, Price has been far from the problem with the Canadiens this year. He can still play a lot better -- we've seen it before.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:30 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Coldplay (Cristobal Huet) and natey throwing Price down. Big surprise...some things never change.
Don't forget earl either.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:31 PM
habscup

Quote:
24th place goaltender on the 24th placed team. Seems about right to me and what I've seen.

Yes, lets count guys who have played half their teams games as being above Price who has played all but 5 of his team's 41 games.

Wake up, the real stat is that the habs are 11th in the whole league in goals against average, and that is definately due to price playing 36 of the 41 games. Price alone has made us number 11 in the whole league!

Old
01-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

This number mean nothing.

If you think goalie stats mean something I can do nothing for you

And if you are a Habs fan you should be a Price fan. He's our best player

Old
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Andy

I don't really care about a goalie who has been average since being traded.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Oh the horror! Someone criticized Price!

Gasp.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
stlblueskiwi

Blues fan coming in peace.
Halak should get the start as Hitchcock rotates them each game regardless of previous performance and he already suggested it would be good for Halak to play in Montreal so no reason to expect that to change.
There's no goalie controversy because Halak started the season poorly & Elliott was great so he has earned his starts but Halak will remain No.1 come playoffs. The hope is that the with pressure he has the ability to lift his game to another level so assuming we make it you will probably see him starting in the playoffs.
Very pleased to hear that your fans are happy with Eller because when the trade went down you all seem to think you had been fleeced despite several Blues fans trying to tell you otherwise. Suggest it was a win for both teams making it a great trade, that's how a trade should go.
I see David Perron is extremely excited to be playing at home.
Good luck for the game just hope it's a good game and wish you all the best of luck for the rest season.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Wow 2 days in advance. Might as well make the Bruins Pre-GT also right?

Old
01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Halak was pretty bad before Hitchcock came into town. But he was also really unlucky as the team wasn't scoring much for him.

Elliot has been amazing this year. No shame in being backup to Elliot right now.

Look at what Hitchock did for guys like Mason and Pascal Leclaire? I think they combined for 19 shutouts in consecutive years. Hitchcock has a great defensive system. Look at their game last night...Elliot could have taken a nap as he wasn't even tested....15 shots? Cmon!

Blues are one of the best teams in the league. Can't compare stats imo.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
I also think its good for the Blues to continue to split games as I don't think Halak can or ever will be able to play a lot of games in a regular season. This will keep him fresh for the playoffs, where who knows, maybe he can provide more miracles, although, with Hitchcock I doubt he will be facing 40+ a game.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

At least we'll be facing the worse of the Blues two goalies. Going to be tough, they tend to shut opposition down allowing the least shots against/game in the league. Would be pretty cool if Eller lights him up.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

In other news, this is another must win game. We need to keep the pace.

Closed Thread