HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Scott Hartnell

Old
01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
One of the biggest attributes and qualities of a great captain or "leader" is them having the respect of those they lead, and them leading by example both on and off duty. [ the ice].I think Hartnell is very much respected by his mates, and he certainly shows tremendous courage each night the way he will stick his body right out front of the net with 90+ mph shots whizzing by his head etc and by the way he will immediately stick up for his mates by dropping the gloves if need be. Hartnell is also a very articulate person during interviews etc, and not the "dummy" some think he is....Plus he has Orange hair !That's the ultimate trump card for a Flyer captain ! LOL
He also does a lot of stupid things that puts his team down a man. Captains usually aren't "that" guy.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
He also does a lot of stupid things that puts his team down a man. Captains usually aren't "that" guy.
He certainly has done a nice job addressing that issue ? Pronger certainly has his moments ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
When do we start talking about Hartnell extension? I think he is going to be a staple of the G line for years to come.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:39 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
He certainly has done a nice job addressing that issue ? Pronger certainly has his moments ?
Pronger's never done anything close to throwing a glove at a guy on a breakaway.

And I said it before I'll say it again: Talbot will be captain before Hartnell ever is.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Danny Briere ridicules this argument

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Pronger's never done anything close to throwing a glove at a guy on a breakaway.

And I said it before I'll say it again: Talbot will be captain before Hartnell ever is.
OH MY GOD. He threw a glove at a guy like 2 years ago?!?!?

No captaincy for you Scott Hartnell!!!!!

You can't do something stupid ever in your hockey career if you want to be a Flyers captain.

Wait, he's cut those kind of penalties out of his game this year?!? Who cares... he still can't be captain cause he did it 3 years ago. He should've known better.

Seriously, if "taking stupid penalties" means you cannot be captain of the Flyers, than Pronger is out, Briere is out, etc.

Your criteria are just stupid. I'm getting the feeling you just dislike Hartnell and are trying to troll people who feel he's a team leader.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
mirimon

Quote:

I don't really think that Hartnell is captain material either, but Pronger has done a few things in his career that isn't very captain-ish. Iiirc he was known for having a fun time back when he was breaking into the league with Hartford, and then he had a few run-ins with Mike Keenan in St. Louis.

There are also those times when he's stomped on an opponent's leg or slipped and accidentally landed his elbow on someones nose, those were clear one-game suspensions... put his team down a man for sure.

Today, Pronger is probably a great leader, and he has that enormous will to win. He'll go through almost anything to make sure that the team wins in the end. Maybe Hartnell will prove to be a different person in his thirties than he was in his twenties as well.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:

Geeeeez dude ! Harts throws a glove one time and that somehow automatically rules him out as ever being a captain ? He probably will never be the captain, but not for that reason LOL.
Max could make a good captain i agree, But Harts could as well in my opinion.Having said that, Kimmo or Roo would probably be the leading Candidates if Kimmo is still around next season etc ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:47 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Hartnell keeps things light. Keeps guys from gripping their sticks too hard. You could make a captain out of him, but I'd wager it fits Talbot more, even though he's pretty light-hearted himself. Talbot has charisma by the truckload and an infectious work ethic.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote