HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks recall F Mike Duco

Old
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Canucks recall F Mike Duco

As per Twitter, he has joined the team today and will play against Florida, wearing #79.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
YogiCanucks

I hope is just precautionary in case Booth can't go.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Surely, this will further endear us to our opposition.

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Horse
Go Canucks!

Nice number, lol.

I thought Duco looked decent in the preseason, so hopefully he looks ok in the regular season. I'm sure he'll be willing to play how they want if he wants to stay up.

Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:06 PM
thefeebster

My assessment of Duco in the AHL is that he is the only guy on the team willing (not the only one who is able) to play the body with consistency. He plays well in a limited role there, sometimes getting shuttled from the 3rd and 4th line depending on injuries and call-ups. He hasn't really been a SH^& disturber at all really. Scrums have been few and far between. Commentators said they talked to him and he said he wanted to cut that out of his game and wanted to play between the whistles. As a result, has only 1 fight this season, compared to 12 last season.

He has been playing well and is a regular on the PK. He and his partner, Tim Miller are superb on the PK, sometimes they get more chances than they give up SH. Duco is aggressive on the PK and good on the forecheck. I think he's a guy you can trust defensively in limited minutes.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I hope is just precautionary in case Booth can't go.
I don't presume it has anything to do with Booth. He's probably being called up to take Andrew Ebbett's place, who broke his collarbone in yesterday's game.

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
My assessment of Duco in the AHL is that he is the only guy on the team willing (not the only one who is able) to play the body with consistency. He plays well in a limited role there, sometimes getting shuttled from the 3rd and 4th line depending on injuries and call-ups. He hasn't really been a SH^& disturber at all really. Scrums have been few and far between. Commentators said they talked to him and he said he wanted to cut that out of his game and wanted to play between the whistles. As a result, has only 1 fight this season, compared to 12 last season.

He has been playing well and is a regular on the PK. He and his partner, Tim Miller are superb on the PK, sometimes they get more chances than they give up SH. Duco is aggressive on the PK and good on the forecheck. I think he's a guy you can trust defensively in limited minutes.
I hope you're right. He showed a great second effort on that goal against the Oil in the preseason. Hopefully he comes up to the big club and just hustles his butt off. No shenanigans.

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:13 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
I don't presume it has anything to do with Booth. He's probably being called up to take Andrew Ebbett's place, who broke his collarbone in yesterday's game.
If Booth was ready to play Ebbett would have been in the press box anyway.

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bottomlesspop

Some sweet Bitz and Duco from the other night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ntl...utu.be&t=2m36s

bottomlesspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
keslerburrows

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Raymond-Hodgson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise

That's assuming Booth can go. If not..

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Malhotra-Hodgson-Hansen
Duco-Lapierre-Weise

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
biturbo19

Ugh, do not want. Hopefully AV can keep a muzzle on this jackass. We really do not need more firestarters here.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Guardian452

IMO, Duco is only going to be around until Booth is ready to go. I can't see him getting more than 3-5 minutes of 4th line time. As long as all the Canucks forwards are healthy, the 13th forward won't play anyway.

Guardian452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

It would be awesome if the team (or at least Sedins/Luongo) pretended to be royally pissed at him over his Twitter comments for like the first 5 minutes after he joins the team, gives him the cold shoulder just long enough for him to start worrying... Then everyone bursts out laughing.

Jyrki21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Ugh, do not want. Hopefully AV can keep a muzzle on this jackass. We really do not need more firestarters here.
Are you still holding a grudge for his twitter comment last year?

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
NuxFan09

What twitter comment?

NuxFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
What twitter comment?
I can't remember the actual comments but I think during the playoffs he spouted off about the Sedins diving, and hacking on Luongo a bit.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
lol i love duco, should be hilarious.

burrows
kesler
lappy
duco

all of them talk a lot lolz

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Kagee*

lol imagine if he was in the boston game??? haha the ****storm he'd bring in addition to the already war like game it was.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
lindgren

Quote:

Man, I'm so grateful for reports like this. It's hard otherwise to get any kind of read on what's going on in Chicago. Much appreciated.

lindgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:

Thanks for the report.

If he can slot in, log some PK minutes, and be a solid utility forward in Ebbett's absence he might have a chance to hang around as the 13th forward.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
crazyforhockey

booth is cleared medically to play but wont play in fla and its up to him to tell the team when ready to go...tsn icechips

After seeing cheap shots from Bos... just as long as duco doesnt take a stupid run at a person, will be ok with him up...and no stupid penalties

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Is Mancari still with the team or did he get sent back down? I kinda assumed that he'd be the one taking Ebbett's place since he's been the go-to guy thus far.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Is Mancari still with the team or did he get sent back down? I kinda assumed that he'd be the one taking Ebbett's place since he's been the go-to guy thus far.
He got sent back down.

Samzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Is Weise really better than Duco? I don't know much about Duco but he was great in the pre-season.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Hopefully Duco can keep his act under control. Last thing we need is another guy playing too big for his britches.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote