HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues vs. Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Nedved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Wow 2 days in advance. Might as well make the Bruins Pre-GT also right?
nah, the bureaucracy here changed it. It was suppose to a thread about halak being back in town.

I was Hoping to have a discussion on his contributions to the team, and also, for whatever reason, the playful bashing between price and halak.

that being said, halak, halak, halak. it's like most fans have forgot he carried us to the conference championships for the first time, since, when was it, 93?

Old
01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
nah, the bureaucracy here changed it. It was suppose to a thread about halak being back in town.

I was Hoping to have a discussion on his contributions to the team, and also, for whatever reason, the playful bashing between price and halak.

that being said, halak, halak, halak. it's like most fans have forgot he carried us to the conference championships for the first time, since, when was it, 93?
Are people's standards so low that getting destroyed in the Semis is some sort of great accomplishment to be remembered forever? I'd like to think we're not like Leafs fans in that regard.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Are people's standards so low that getting destroyed in the Semis is some sort of great accomplishment to be remembered forever? I'd like to think we're not like Leafs fans in that regard.
honestly, for me, it felt great to see us get by the 2nd round. it's not that I don't want more, but I'm glad we got that far, it's been too long.

halak just seemed to great dragged around here, even before price came, but he never really failed as a habs goalie. He rarely let the team down from his first call-up, however, it still wasn't enough. I like price, eller, but I will always be grateful for halak's role on this team.

I can sit here and say the same thing about price, why does anyone care about a goalie who has accomplished next to nothing with the habs? seriously, if you criticise him, it's like I've made some outlandish comment because the gguy can do no wrong.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Wish we got to play Halak when he was getting lit up at the beginning of the year instead of now where he's being sheltered by his new coach's defensive system.

I liked Halak but with his style of play he can't play 70+ games like we need our #1 goalie to play, Halak would seem to get burnt out after playing a few consecutive games unlike Price. So glad Gauthier kept Price over Halak, Eller is making that decision look better and better each game he plays lately.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlkiwiblues View Post
Blues fan coming in peace.
Halak should get the start as Hitchcock rotates them each game regardless of previous performance and he already suggested it would be good for Halak to play in Montreal so no reason to expect that to change.
There's no goalie controversy because Halak started the season poorly & Elliott was great so he has earned his starts but Halak will remain No.1 come playoffs. The hope is that the with pressure he has the ability to lift his game to another level so assuming we make it you will probably see him starting in the playoffs.
Very pleased to hear that your fans are happy with Eller because when the trade went down you all seem to think you had been fleeced despite several Blues fans trying to tell you otherwise. Suggest it was a win for both teams making it a great trade, that's how a trade should go.
I see David Perron is extremely excited to be playing at home.
Good luck for the game just hope it's a good game and wish you all the best of luck for the rest season.
I for one am super happy with Eller's progression. When I heard Halak had been traded to St. Louis, the one name I was praying to hear coming the other way was Perron. You guys have an amazing player in him and I hope he stays healthy from here on out.

Good luck on Tuesday!

Old
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
I can sit here and say the same thing about price, why does anyone care about a goalie who has accomplished next to nothing with the habs? seriously, if you criticise him, it's like I've made some outlandish comment because the gguy can do no wrong.
Quite simple really, he's still on the team you cheer for and is by far the best player on it. It's odd when people defend the struggles of a player that's no longer on the team while criticizing the one that is. Should we still be defending Theodore for winning the Hart/Vezina and being part of some of the best playoff first round upsets of the past decade or so? Cammalleri was one of the few players to lead the playoffs in goals without even making it to the finals too...he's actually still on the team. A lot of people want him gone too.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Quite simple really, he's still on the team you cheer for and is by far the best player on it. It's odd when people defend the struggles of a player that's no longer on the team while criticizing the one that is. Should we still be defending Theodore for winning the Hart/Vezina and being part of some of the best playoff first round upsets of the past decade or so? Cammalleri was one of the few players to lead the playoffs in goals without even making it to the finals too...he's actually still on the team. A lot of people want him gone too.
sorry, I should have clarified. why do people think price is the one of the leagues best goalies, and when I expect more out of him, people take it is criticism?

theodore was great here and I was shocked they traded him; however, theodore isn't playing the habs tuesday and he also didn't play with price here.

What cammalleri did was impressive, no doubt.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:32 PM
danyhabsfan

Im going to the game.

I went against Philly when we won 5-1. The day Pearn was fired.

Hopefully Ill get another good game and another win.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Yea. Why do people always leave out the complete dismantling in the ECF series?

Old
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Yea. Why do people always leave out the complete dismantling in the ECF series?
Because that would obliterate the fact that people enjoyed cheering for the habs in spite that we did not win the cup.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
blues are in town tuesday, hoping to see how we match up vs. a strong team with possibly the best goalie in the game.

i feel confident the habs have what it takes; and I'm also excited to see all the price vs. halak trash talking that will be part of the night.

go habs go!
Never was the best goalie, has been crap for 2 years.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
SB164

DP_57 David Perron
Il n'y rien qui égale retourner à la maison pour jouer contre le canadiens de Montréal! Vol demain matin et pratique au centre Bell après!

Avec l'histoire du CH et l'équipe que j'ai aimé en grandissant, c'est un rêve devenu réalité chaque fois que je saute sur la glace à Mtl!

Old
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
TheBuriedHab

HaHa good to see people are still dreaming of Halak and D'agostini. Never fails to entertain.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Price My Man Crush

I hope the fans will be respectful and they will be able to recognize what he did for the fans here in Quebec. He brought our team to the playoffs two consecutive years!

Go Habs Go!

Old
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM
phoque taupe

vCash: 152
It might re-activate the tank mode

Old
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Plante

AARGH!!! As a goalie it frusterates me to TO NO END when people simply compare sv% g.a.a and wins and say "Bam, thats how good the goalie is, cut and dry, black and white"! Such a simple attitude just degrades the position into a fantasy world.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
NBP81

I hope they BOO him like there's no tomorrow, I also hope they chant his name and do everything in their power to take him out of his game... We need wins! period.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:

brings back some sweet memories.
keep living in the past. go cheer for your man crush Mr. inconsistency Halak in St. Louis we have enough habs fans.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
ComradeRuskie

I am not sure if the Habs will win the game next Tuesday. You all talk about Halak and D'Ags but you forget about their teammates.

The players on the Blues are good, play great hockey, and do not give up easily. So unless Halak really really screws himself up, or the Blues are off their game, it will be a challenge for the Habs to win.

I also want to see who is better between Oshie and Emelin.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Some of our fans are so sensitive towards Price, it's hilarious.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Some of our fans are so sensitive towards Price, it's hilarious.
its good to defend your franchise player. duh

Old
01-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
its good to defend your franchise player. duh
I'm ok with that, what kinda bugs me is the way some of you get defensive for no reason. You start defending him before anyone offended him.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Lshap

Halak will get a very well-deserved ovation here on Tuesday. He gave us fans the most important gift of all in 2010: a great underdog story. True, we didn't go all the way, but those two winning series were mammoth stories all on their own. I've seen Montreal win nine Stanley Cups; the 2010 playoff run was just as exciting. It has nothing to do with lowered standards, it has to do with great drama and great hockey.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Coldplay (Cristobal Huet) and natey throwing Price down. Big surprise...some things never change.
No where did I throw Price down, but keep living in your own little world.

I've always liked Price. I didn't whine and moan about the draft pick, like many people here. I watched the entire Hamilton run just to see him play (paying $6 or whatever the hell it is per game to stream it online), and think he's a great goaltender. I wasn't even mad when Halak got traded because 1) Price is an above average starting goaltender and 2) I had a huge man-crush on Eller (I wanted him drafted over McDonagh).

I was wrong about Price being able to bounce back. I thought the fans had gotten to him and I was clearly wrong. He's bounced back and played very well. I've praised him plenty of times, but like I said, keep living in your own little world where you read what you want to read.

Old
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Never was the best goalie, has been crap for 2 years.
I believe he was referring to Elliot, who is the best in the game right now.

Closed Thread