2012 WJC Thread Part II

Old
01-07-2012, 08:52 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
You know what's typical is this forum? An ad hominem instead of disagreement - with reasoning - on my meager and simplistic assessment. So let's hear it. Why would you rather have Brodin at this point.

You're correct, it is a small tournament. So let's paint the same brush over everything and say that Brodin's, or Larsson's, or Granlund's performance isn't much to go on since it's a small sample size. No major assessment can be made from the WJC. Yeah, never has and never will happen. Everybody makes some assessments from this tournament because . . .

This isn't just "a" tournament. This is the single best test the top prospects will get against each other. Nowhere else will they play a more homogenous opponent. I saw one player with more size, physicality, and offensive ability than another. That's my reasoning. I want the home run.
Not getting into the Brodin discussion right here, but if you're going to try bringing up fallacious comments, you might as well just walk out the door.

You have never, not once, ever made a reasoned argument on these forums. You have stated your opinion as fact, then backed it up by stating that it was fact. You have referenced inaccurate claims that weren't even remotely based in fact, and you have continuous made fallacious claims based upon the most brutally faulty logic.

If you are going to complain about "ad hominen" arguments, just leave.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
forthewild

Quote:
You know what's typical is this forum? An ad hominem instead of disagreement - with reasoning - on my meager and simplistic assessment. So let's hear it. Why would you rather have Brodin at this point.

You're correct, it is a small tournament. So let's paint the same brush over everything and say that Brodin's, or Larsson's, or Granlund's performance isn't much to go on since it's a small sample size. No major assessment can be made from the WJC. Yeah, never has and never will happen. Everybody makes some assessments from this tournament because . . .

This isn't just "a" tournament. This is the single best test the top prospects will get against each other. Nowhere else will they play a more homogenous opponent. I saw one player with more size, physicality, and offensive ability than another. That's my reasoning. I want the home run.
true klefbom is taller, is physical and is thought to have more scoring

Brodin on the other hand is better at defense, skates better, has better sense, and positioning, in the 3rd period where russia put pressure on sweden, Brodin made many great plays to break up russiam chances.

one of the best dman of all time isnt physical at all, in fact brodins defensive game is molded to that said 7 time and counting norris winner. now i do think that brodin will have some offense to his game, but it wont be from pretending to be a forward

really there are two things keeping Brodin from being a very good offensive contributor, one is his shot, he needs ot put more mustard on it, this is going to get better once he gets more meat on his frame, two his confidence, to me he looked good when he rushed the puck in the later stages of the gold medal game, i feel that he can do more of it and will as he gets used to the game a bit more, we have to keep in mind that he as a 17 year old played in the SEL and played in SEL playoffs where Klefbom didn't, and this year he gets near 20 min a game as a 18 year old this is something that isn't quite common in the SEL, he plays his role, and i have seen in the limited viewing from him that he has the ability to be more offensively involved and i feel that he will once he starts to round out more.

i can understand that you would prefer klefbom, but to this point Brodin is a better prospect, has shown more and aside from a bias ranking on HF really has a higher ceiling, and a better chance to reach his ceiling.

Last edited by forthewild: 01-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.
forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 10:28 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
That's my reasoning. I want the home run.
Many times Minnesota has tried to hit that home run prospect and it blew up in their face.

Brodin is a lot more closer and safer to make the NHL than Klefblom at this point. Klefblom isn't even really playing in the SEL, so it's hard to really compare his transition to the NHL. Brodin is a lot easier to get a feel for and many, many scouts and GMs would have taken Brodin over Klefblom and still would. There was a reason why a lot fo boards had Brodin sneaking into the top 10.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

So you wanna take the risky player in a position where we have very thin prospect pool at 10th pick just to try and get a home run? Uh why do we have this blog called "First Round Bust"?

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:08 AM
forthewild

Also Brodin has the home run potential written on him as well, the only difference is if if he doesn't become a good offensive contributor he will at least be a hell of a shutdown guy who can break a team out.

in the comeback against russia when sweden was down 3-0 Brodin was the best player, that comeback doesn't happen and Sweden may not even be in the gold medal game, where mind you in the 3rd period where russia actually spend time in swedish zone, Brodin made huge play after huge play.

quite hating on Brodin, safer pick with high upside

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
SouthSwe

Brodin to the right, next to the crown princess of Sweden, Victoria.

SouthSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
tyratoku

#14 looks like he's trying to do the troll face.

tyratoku is online now   Reply With Quote