HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: GDT: GM 42: Canucks @ Bruins: Out-of-Town (A.K.A GET UP) Edition PT. 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
There is no way marchand intended to injure him. But he has to be aware that the hit could cause some serious damage. And as mentioned he shouldered before in a puck battle with the same player. I just find it absurd that he would claim protection from a head shot.... A head shot...

A head shot?!? Seriously? That is the plausible reasoning? Sami salo was going to hit you with a head shot?

If it was a blind side head shot how did he know to go low? I mean it just does not logically make sense.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Wetcoaster

Ben Kuzma has now taken his tweets on the Marchand hit on Salo and put them into a more detailed article now up at The Province website. Gillis and Vigneault are hot.
"I felt it was a play that is really intended to injure another player and did injure our player," said Gillis. "I thought it was a dirty hit and I don't agree with that type of play. That play happened last year in the final and it has happened again. He plays on the edge and he's that type of player.

"Salo was going in to make a hockey play and clearly wasn't anticipating what was happening. We're just lucky we have eight defencemen."
(Vigneault said) "Marchand -- this is just my feeling on this -- some day he's going to get it. Somebody is going to say enough is enough and they're going to hurt the kid, because he plays to hurt players and in my mind if the league doesn't take care of it, somebody else will.

"Sometimes it takes the league time to figure things out and there's a difference between a good hip check when the player is coming down on you one-on-one with the puck and what we saw Marchand do with his definite attempt to injure. Something needs to happen."
http://www.theprovince.com/Some+goin...#ixzz1iuYwEBPQ

Old
01-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Peter Bazooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
I love how Bruins fans are implying that Salo is faking the concussion.

Sami Salo does not need to fake an injury.
They did the same thing with Miller. It's disgusting.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:18 PM
ProstheticConscience
XTORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bazooka View Post
Don't forget Dr Recchi downplaying Pacioretty's broken neck.

Interesting to see if anyone notices a trend here besides us.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Nuckfan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bazooka View Post
They did it last year when Mason Raymond broke his back. Like you said, they did it with Miller. And they did it to Salo last night. Others have called the Canucks a classless organization. Good lord, if the Bruins are class, then we're living in the Middle Ages.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Crows*

Right on Ballard!

From the article wetcoaster posted.

Quote:
"Normally when I do that, the guy has the puck and the guy is coming down on me and trying to beat me," Ballard said of his hip-checking ability. "There is a difference and anybody who says there's not a difference is an idiot."

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/So...#ixzz1iub5Tuij

Old
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
CallMeJerry

After the Finals, I had a begrudging respect for the Bruins. I still hated them because they were dirty. But they were unapologetically dirty. After Marchand speed-bagged Daniel, he said he did it because he felt like it.

After yesterday, with the words of their players, coach, fans and alumni (Cherry), they've revealed themselves as delusional hypocrites.

They take pride in their thug-image but complain about every penalty.

They think a gloved punch in mid-play is just a tough hard check but will complain about little interference and hooking non-calls.

They are pathetic.

They are the school bully who beats up the weaker kids and then cries to the principal when someone peeks at their quiz answers.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Nuckfan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
Someone could make the same argument for Alex Burrows as well.
Really? When was the last time Burrows made a fake play for the puck, and then go low, clip the guy, and deliberately injure? Pretty easy one - NEVER. Marchand did that last night. When was the last time Burrows got a $2500 for a slew-foot. Again - NEVER. Marchand got that fine last month. When was the last time Burrows got a 2 game suspension for an elbow to the head. You guessed it - NEVER. Marchand got that last March, elbowing RJ Umberger. This rat has a history, and I see no reason why he would stop now, given the team that he's on. He's far worse than Matt Cooke ever was, IMO, and will end the career of somebody in the NHL, I guarantee it.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
rusty890

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon View Post
Someone could make the same argument for Alex Burrows as well.
Nice hit and run. I am really getting tired of posters coming into our forum and saying something outrageous and then leaving without backing it up. They know they have no evidence for their assertion.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckfan38 View Post
Really? When was the last time Burrows made a fake play for the puck, and then go low, clip the guy, and deliberately injure? Pretty easy one - NEVER. Marchand did that last night. When was the last time Burrows got a $2500 for a slew-foot. Again - NEVER. Marchand got that fine last month. When was the last time Burrows got a 2 game suspension for an elbow to the head. You guessed it - NEVER. Marchand got that last March, elbowing RJ Umberger. This rat has a history, and I see no reason why he would stop now, given the team that he's on. He's far worse than Matt Cooke ever was, IMO, and will end the career of somebody in the NHL, I guarantee it.
I was with you until the bolded. Cooke is on a whole different level of dirty (or at least was until recently where it seems to have finally sunk in).

Old
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Nuckfan38

Marchand's history will grow, I have no doubt. I'm not sure what Cooke's history was in his first season and a half, but I bet Marchand's suspensions and fines are up there with Cooke's, if not exceeding his.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Right on Ballard!

Good to see Ballard telling it how it is... I'm looking at you PJ Stock

Old
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Right on Ballard!

Yeah, the whole 'it was a hipcheck' argument is bull. You hipcheck someone by swinging your hip and ass into him as he's approaching you, not by ducking headfirst under a guy who's back/side-on to you. Marchand and Julien are lowlifes for suggesting it was anything other than a cheapshot, but we knew that already.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Nuckfan38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Good to see Ballard telling it how it is... I'm looking at you PJ Stock
I can't look at any of those guys on the Saturday night panel. Too much Canuck bashing with them.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Kane tought me everyone gets theirs...

Old
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Kane tought me everyone gets theirs...
God I wish Evander Kane was a Canuck .

Old
01-08-2012, 06:47 PM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Yeah, the whole 'it was a hipcheck' argument is bull. You hipcheck someone by swinging your hip and ass into him as he's approaching you, not by ducking headfirst under a guy who's back/side-on to you. Marchand and Julien are lowlifes for suggesting it was anything other than a cheapshot, but we knew that already.
absolutely. I would have no problem with that hit if it were actually a hipcheck. It was a little bit low, but nothing worse than most of Ballard's hits. The problem with it was that Marchand threw a SHOULDER check below the waist, something that is very dangerous, and Vigneault is absolutely right when he says that its the type of hit that could end a career. One of the dirtier hits I've seen vs the Canucks in a long time.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

PJ Stock is a tool.

Could you imagine how bad Milbury would have been?

"I like the play. It's a good, solid hockey play. A guy Marchand's size has to play bigger than he is, and what better way to do that than to take down a guy who's 6'3 and 210 pounds? It shows that the kid has spunk and intensity. Salo shouldn't have tried to headshot him if he didn't want to get hurt. No penalty. No fine. No suspension."

****ing *******.

Old
01-08-2012, 06:52 PM
CCF23

Alright, I think the GDT's have run their course (this one is close to 1,000). Move on to talking about the Panthers game tomorrow. If you want to talk about the various Bruins topics, there are other threads on the board where you can. If someone wants to start a thread for the Marchand hearing/possible suspension and further talk about the hit, feel free.

Closed Thread