HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jake V

Old
01-07-2012, 11:35 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

vCash: 500
2 more assists today and continues to be pretty good. Would love to see him stay on a line with Danny.

NewYorkFlyerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

When Jagr come's back I want our liens to be:

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Read - Briere - Voracek
JVR - Schenn - Simmonds
Talbot - Couturier - Harry Z / Rinaldo

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Read - Briere - Voracek
JVR - Schenn - Simmonds
Yep me too.

NewYorkFlyerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM
tuckrr

Quote:

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Read - Briere - Voracek
JVR - Schenn - Simmonds
Filthy.[shakehead]

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:18 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Is it just me or does Voracek seem to be shooting the puck a little more? I watch him and while he doesn't have a slap shot of any sort to speak of, he seems to have a very good wrist and snap shot that he's beginning to use more and more. I'm wondering if Mullen has been telling Voracek to start shooting more because he does have two capable shots in his arsenal. Either way, I'm happy that dude is using his shot more and more. While I don't think this year is going to be a break out year for him, I certainly believe that next season, he should be capable of producing 60 to 70 points while playing stellar defense. I think that's another thing I've been surprised about with Voracek - his defensive ability is outstanding.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
BillDineen

Quote:

Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr
Read - Briere - Voracek
JVR - Schenn - Simmonds
It took half the year, but these lines might all have chemistry. I would like to see them stick for a while.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Is it just me or does Voracek seem to be shooting the puck a little more? I watch him and while he doesn't have a slap shot of any sort to speak of, he seems to have a very good wrist and snap shot that he's beginning to use more and more. I'm wondering if Mullen has been telling Voracek to start shooting more because he does have two capable shots in his arsenal. Either way, I'm happy that dude is using his shot more and more. While I don't think this year is going to be a break out year for him, I certainly believe that next season, he should be capable of producing 60 to 70 points while playing stellar defense. I think that's another thing I've been surprised about with Voracek - his defensive ability is outstanding.
His shot/game ratio is actually down a bit since last season (2.1 from 2.3), but he might have begun shooting more recently. Haven't really thought about that. That's only shots that hit the net as well, not sure how many missed shots he's got this year and last.

Voracek has been better defensively than I thought he would be, but I don't think you can call him stellar. I doubt his name will come up in any Selke considerations. He's definitely taking on more and more responsibility there as the season progress though. I don't think it's a coincidence that he's being played with Brière (it's not only to be the set up man, I mean). The forward I've been most impressed/surprised with in this aspect has been Matt Read. He's a very smart hockey player, to go with that speed.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Voracek has an awesome slap shot and a weak wrist shot. He's shown that multiple times during the year.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM

I love Voracek, he's been a great pick-up so far and has produced more than Carter alone, and that's without adding Couts to the mix too.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Jtown

If voracek can develop a shot he will be a the perfect top line winger compliment to Giroux. If not he will be on par with ville.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
If voracek can develop a shot he will be a the perfect top line winger compliment to Giroux. If not he will be on par with ville.
He is already a much better play maker than Leino and is very good at dominating the puck in the offensive zone. If he can work on his shot and become a 30 goal scorer he is perfect for giroux. Everything else is already there in his game and all Giroux would need is a power forward type player such as Hartnell is right now on his LW. That line would hog the puck in the offensive zone for minutes at a time

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Jtown

Quote:
He is already a much better play maker than Leino and is very good at dominating the puck in the offensive zone.
Ville was more dynamic on offense though. Voracek's obvious physical gifts is what really seperate him from ville. Other than that they have similar skill sets.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Lovin the Jake

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
KeepersDome

Voracek reminds me a bit of last year's Giroux. Very good vision and passing, but not really wanting to shoot, even if he is in a better position to shoot then the guy he is passing too.

Giroux this season has found confidence in his goal scoring ability, and I am hoping Vorachek develops that as well.

KeepersDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Codith

I remember a few years ago when Jake was playing with Halifax how great the battles were between Giroux and Jake. The fact we have both of them on the team now is phenomenal

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
I remember a few years ago when Jake was playing with Halifax how great the battles were between Giroux and Jake. The fact we have both of them on the team now is phenomenal
They weren't exactly fond of each other, right?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Codith

Hated each other, big rivalry between both teams as both were on the top of the Q then

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Hated each other, big rivalry between both teams as both were on the top of the Q then
Yeah, I remember G saying something along those lines after the trade. I'd be interested to know how they've meshed as teammates (not that I think it hasn't gone well). They now probably just laugh about those intense rivalries during their junior days.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
mirimon

Voracek was the other player to colour his moustache black, right? I take that as they've kissed and made up.

It is remarkable how easy it is to become friends with your once fiercest rival in team sports. I remember being fifteen and really hating this guy on another team, and then we both played for the district team and we became instant friends.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Voracek was the other player to colour his moustache black, right? I take that as they've kissed and made up.

It is remarkable how easy it is to become friends with your once fiercest rival in team sports. I remember being fifteen and really hating this guy on another team, and then we both played for the district team and we became instant friends.
Yeh... remember when I was 12-14, best player on my u-14s water polo district team, this big guy was the best on our rival team, we both lived within a mile of each other... as the district line is 200 metres from my house.

Hated his guts as constantly was against him, 4 games that year plus tournaments as well. Me and him constantly jawed, fouled each other, and they ended up winning the Final (best team in a 500sq mile area) in extra friggin time. We even did the ridiculous sqeeze each others hands and not let go until the guy in the line behind us tells us to cut it out!

Next year we both stepped up into u-15s and u-16s where there are no district lines, so you play for the team closest to where you live.

We both ended up on the same team for next 4 years and he was my best friend on the team.

Same happened when I went to Uni... one or two guys I battled like hell against in regional games became best friends.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Top Cheese Danish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post

Yes, and Giroux called him his "brother from another mother" in one of those Movember interviews. I love stories of rivals becoming friends.

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinSandwich View Post
Yes, and Giroux called him his "brother from another mother" in one of those Movember interviews. I love stories of rivals becoming friends.
It doesn't surprise me.

Voracek looks like an ugly Giroux.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote