Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Weirdest goal you've ever scored

01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
vCash: 500
Weirdest goal you've ever scored

During my game tonight, in the offensive zone, the other teams centre won the puck so clean off the faceoff it went through the goalies five hole. Now thank god I was centre and got credit for the goal. But we still lost 8-3.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Same thing happened to my team a couple months ago. I was on wing and our center wasn't even close to winning the draw. I raced in at the drop, the opposing player nailed it, and it bounced all the way into the net. It wasn't credited to me though.

Weirdest one I scored, I have no idea and can only go off of recent memory. I ripped a wrister from inside a circle that beaned the goalie off his mask, made him lose his balance, dropped into the crease, and bounced in. That's probably got to be the weirdest. Scored a couple from the goal line, behind it, and even over the net and off the goalie's head but the image of watching the goalie get knocked around by the puck was the best.

Last edited by Ozz: 01-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I roofed a shot from right beside the net on the goalline into the opposite corner a little while back, absolutly nobody other than me and the ref knew what happened. The only reason it was possible was because the goalie was like 5'6 and went down. That was a good night i had 4 goals and an assist

I also scored one from behind the net where i flipped it up and it hit the back of the goalie's head and went in. I was a kid when i did that one.

Last edited by Eskimo44: 01-08-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
In high school I got absolutely WRECKED in the corner of the offensive zone. I was dazed as hell but skated the front of the net hunched over. I wasn't even looking around or watching the play -- just trying to get my bearings after having my bell rung. A defenseman took a point shot and since I was hunched over, it hit my face and changed direction straight into the net

I laugh about it now, but it really sucked at the time. The puck had snow in it and it got in my eyes. Really messed up my contacts lol

Probably sustained two concussions in a span of 30 seconds though. Never really thought about that.

Ribosome is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
i was playing D in the first game of the season and took a shot that bounced off a shin pad but there was no forward because of a change in the corner where the puck bounced so i followed it and it i tried to sauce it in the middle of the ice but fanned and it crawled over and it hit the goalies skate and went in

Rebels21 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
well mine was against my own team but, an opponent took a shot from the point and it was pretty damn high and easily going out of play but for some reason i stuck my stick straight up in the air and deflected it down into my own net. Still have no idea what i was thinking/doing at that moment. We still won the game but a good margin but it was one of those true doh moments.

slackerracker is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
One time I took a slapper from the point on the rush and it missed low and hit the bottom part of the boards were it's really bouncy, bounced back and hit the defensemans skate as he turned and went through the goalies legs.

shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
I tipped a shot at the edge of the crease while driving the net ...rebound popped up and seemingly hovered at just above cross bar height, nose level at the time...so I beaked it forward and into the net.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
It was a pileup in the slot and I got crosschecked in the back. I fell on my stomach and my cage was pretty much pressed into the ice with someone on top of me.

I was sprawled out so I just started randomly jamming my stick at what felt like the puck, and when I got up I realized that I was credited with a goal.

Summer hockey, 2005. I think it was the only goal I scored all season.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
4th Line Boys
My first career goal was whack. We were getting blown out of the building at the time (10-1 ), and it was towards the end of the game. A pileup occurred around the blue line, and the puck squirted free when I was just getting into the zone. I ended up taking a prayer from the blue line, and I got absolutely NOTHING on the shot. The puck was inching towards the front of the net at a snail's pace.

To this day, I still have no idea how the hell that found the back of the net.

Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
01-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Probably when I was behind the net looking for the open man in the slot, I passed it and it deflected off of a defensemens skate. Not to many really weird goals.

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Yesterday I deflected the defenseman's shot and it was going so slowly and just rolled into the net. It was funny just because it looked like it was in slow motion the way the goalie tried to dive for it

Flyersfan1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Finnish your Czech
Puljujärvi2Leafs pls
vCash: 50
I've almost done that several times as a center

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Send a message via AIM to kr580
I play D, I'm following my center for a possible rebound. He shoots, goalie gets turned around so he's facing the net and the puck rebounds to mid slot... Now for some reason EVERYONE on the ice thinks there was a whistle except for me. I grab the puck and stickhandle thru 3 of their players thinking "What the hell? Why isn't anyone stopping me?" The goalie was turned around and the right side of the net was wide open so I shot thinking I could catch him disoriented. He whirls around all of the sudden and barely stops it with his elbow and it dies at the top of the crease. I whack at it as best I can and it somehow squirts just under his outreached pad. It was late in the game so there was snow built up around the crease. The snow plus catching his pads made the puck go the slowest I've ever seen a puck slide in my life. It BARELY crept over the line and JUST inside the post. It was easily the weakest, most confusing goal I'll ever score.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 04:05 AM
As a center I've scored both...I've won the faceoff to score on a goalie 5 hole and I once won the faceoff, passed it back and scored on my goalie.

As a goalie, the weirdest one I've ever given up was a blast from the neutral zone. I thought I had trapped the puck between my arms, but it was loose. I kept hearing my guys say loose, but next to me I saw my defenseman and their forward fighting for a puck so I was focused on that happening. Turns out, the puck had squirted out from my arms and was rolling ever so slowly into the net. By the time I realized they were fighting over a non-existent puck I turned back and saw the puck trickle over the line.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
vCash: 555
I tried to ice it a few minutes into the 1st when they were running around in our zone pretty well. Must have been a bad flood and hit a bump a few feet in front of the net and bounced over the goalie who went low to stop it.

I also pulled a Lemieux and shot it in off a draw in their zone, left of the goalie.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Doing Nothing
First one that comes to mind is when I was dumping the puck in for a change. I just got to the blue line and ripped the puck into the corner, where it deflected off one guy's shin onto the stick of their D-man who wasn't paying attention and it banked in behind the goalie.

I've also scored a few goals off unscreened wristers at the blue line high glove, which is completely baffling to me but maybe that happens every now and again. Two of them in the same period against the same goalie. He was not happy.

I have seen a few weird goals by my teammates:

One was our captain taking a "shot" from the point. He can't shoot at all and it got on edge and ramped up the goalie's stick blade up over his head and plopped in right behind him. Hilarious.

Another time he cleared the puck from behind our goal line and I went to forecheck so my linemates could change, the goalie came out to play it, saw me, panicked, backed up and tried to swat at the puck and it just slid right in. Again, I can't stress enough how slow the puck was going, right on the ice

And all time coolest goal, first season with my team, our goalie rips the puck down the ice from behind his goal line on the PK. The other goalie goes out to catch/stop the puck and thought he'd try and pass it up, but he banks it off the butt of his D-man and in. Our goalie got credit.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Triple Deke
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
It was a pileup in the slot and I got crosschecked in the back. I fell on my stomach and my cage was pretty much pressed into the ice with someone on top of me.

I was sprawled out so I just started randomly jamming my stick at what felt like the puck, and when I got up I realized that I was credited with a goal.

Summer hockey, 2005. I think it was the only goal I scored all season.
Almost identical for me.
Puck at the point, I go to the front of the net and get cross checked hard to the ice.
On my knees as I turn around to get the guys number.
Instead I see the puck on my stick, so I sweep it into a yawning cage.

Don't know how the puck goes from the point to my stick, and with the goalie & d-man way out of position leaving me alone 5 ft in front of the net.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Funniest for me....I play defense and had a bobby Orr moment. went through the whole team and got a one on none with the others team's goalie. I deked, got him to lay down on his side but fumbled the puck so had to go behind his net to retrieve it. Still he was laying down on his side, at the top of his crease. Seeing the other team was about to catch up I just thought for a second. "What the hell?" Took a snap shot right into the goalies ass, which caused it to bounce back into the net. Was on purpose....but still funny as hell and probably one of my weirdest.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
When i was 13, I took a slapshot from my own blue line, we were killing a penalty and it went in, top corner. Goalie wasn't paying attention, nor was he expecting it.

SlyHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Cleared the puck softly down the ice from my own blue line while at full stride, kept skating hard but was still well behind the puck. Goalie came out to play it with his stick, but must have been sketched out/under pressure due to the fact that I was closing in on him fast, completely missed his swipe at the puck and it just slid past him into the net.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
For me was when i was in the slot and passed it back to my d-man who took a shot and hit a shin pad. The rolling puck was in mid air and i swatted at it as hard as i can and fell doing it but it turns out a barely got anything on the puck, even the players on the ice started laughing. Turns out the puck rolled really slowly towards the net and no one had track of it, it hit an opposing players skate and somehow went 5-hole on the goalie.

Aznguy is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Weirdest goal I ever scored was a game winner just over a minute into the first of a 7-0 game. We were getting ready for a full line change so I lobbed the puck up trying to get it to slowly glide to the goalie. A defenceman on the other team was trying to catch us on a line change so he leaped up trying to catch the puck and shoot it back up to the forwards, but it bounced off his glove and ended up in the net. I was already on the bench when the puck went in

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
vCash: 50
I have 2 weird ones:

I played Defense, and I started skating the puck out of our zone, only to have my forwards peel off for a line change. I was never an offensive threat, so I wasn't really comfortable with skating the puck deep into the zone So at the red line, I just cranked a slapshot and turned towards my bench for the change. Well apparently the goalie just put his goalie stick out to block my shot. I guess he underestimated the power of my shot, because it knocked his stick backwards, causing the puck to deflect right up his stick, and over his shoulder into the net. And I never saw it, because I was facing the bench!

The other weird one was against a goalie who had been slashing my teammates and me in the back of the ankle whenever we were in front of the net. (During PowerPlays, I would play wing and would try to screen the goalie and get a deflection). So after a few powerplays having my ankles slashed by this goalie, I finally got the puck while at the point. Intending to just get a little retribution, I cranked my slapshot aiming at his head. Well he ducked to avoid the shot, and the puck just slipped in right below the crossbar. I laughed so damn hard. We then spent the rest of the game aiming at his head. It was hilarious.

Last edited by Dampland: 01-09-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
weirdest goal I've seen in a game was scored against us actually.

The guy took a shot that was easily 2 feet wide of the net, it bounced off the boards and the net wasn't sitting right and the puck entered the net from behind/under.

Our cracker jack refs called it goal, the whole time the other team was laughing their heads off....

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote