HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All-Purpose Sports Talk I (NFL, MLB, CFL, NCAA, Etc.) *NFL WEEK 9 DISCUSSION HERE*

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
sensjersey11's Wildcard weekend picks/predictions

Cincinatti @ Houston=Bengals win
Pittsburgh @ Denver=Denver wins (I'm not a Tebow fan, but I hate the Steelers even more... I honestly hope both teams find some unprecedented way to eliminate each other, Punch-up In Piestany-style.)
Detroit @ New Orleans=Saints win (stupid Lions...)
Atlanta @ New York=Falcons win
Shanny agree's with your AFC picks....but not so much your NFC predictions.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Man I love playoffs.

What a pick six by Watt and now the Houston crowd is disrupting the Bungles O even more.

Awesome.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

vCash: 50
It seems like even on here the Texans don't get respect.

Somehow Cushing doesn't make the Pro Bowl (WTF?), and then a huge win for their first playoff win.

Even though I'm a "relatively" new fan who hasn't endured the same trials and tribulations as some other Texans fans, it was nice to see some respect FINALLY.

SensFanatic, take that.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

2-0 with my predictions so far.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:48 AM
TheGuyFromThere
HFBoards Sponsor

Is anybody else here into any sort of motorcycle racing?

Old
01-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Ravens and Giants Superbowl...........book it.(aside from the Saints, the G-men are the only team really capable of beating the Packers at Lambeau, and the Ravens D will give Tom Brady nightmares).

Old
01-08-2012, 07:12 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post

Somehow Cushing doesn't make the Pro Bowl (WTF?), and then a huge win for their first playoff win.

Even though I'm a "relatively" new fan who hasn't endured the same trials and tribulations as some other Texans fans, it was nice to see some respect FINALLY.

SensFanatic, take that.
Don't worry Sean, next year things will be back to normal in that division

Old
01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post

SensFanatic, take that.
Regardless of how they've done this year, it's hard to show this team playoff respect when Schaub is watching the games with a track suit on instead of pads, and they're starting their 3rd string QB.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Madskillz65

If the Giants lose this game I'm killing myself.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

3-0..

Old
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

vCash: 50
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Hahahahahaahahahahaha.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Penner getrdonebryan

Denver's trolling on the same level of our Sens ...

Old
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Happy to see the G-Men own the Falcons, next stop.....Lambeau Field.

oh ya, Tebow is awesome.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Happy to see the G-Men own the Falcons, next stop.....Lambeau Field.

oh ya, Tebow is awesome.
I hope the Giants made sure that their travel plans in two weeks involve a sunny beach somewhere, and enough Mai-tais to drown an entire frosh class.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
I hope the Giants made sure that their travel plans in two weeks involve a sunny beach somewhere, and enough Mai-tais to drown an entire frosh class.

Old
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Oh right, I forgot that the regular season is the exact same thing as the playoffs.

Touche.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:37 AM
SensArePrettyPesky
No respek.

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swedish Flash View Post
Denver's trolling on the same level of our Sens ...
I take it as a sign.

Denver has a slur of 4th quarter comebacks, the Sens are great in the 3rd period (pulling off comebacks aswell)

Denver wins their first playoff matchup, who knows what the Sens will do.

Old
01-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Shanny's Divisional weekend picks/predictions

Denver @ New England=Tebow win(the obvious pick should be the Pats..but **** that I'm taking the Broncos)

Houston @ Baltimore=Ravens win(Ravens are going to the SB this year)

New Orleans @ San Francisco=Saints win(not a lot of teams have an answer for the Saints offense)

New York @ Green Bay=G-MEN win(Giants have/can/will bring it on the frozen tundra, should be the best game of the entire weekend)

Old
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
hockeyalltheway
You can't do that!

vCash: 611
Quote:

Denver @ New England=Tebow win(the obvious pick should be the Pats..but **** that I'm taking the Broncos)

New Orleans @ San Francisco=Saints win(not a lot of teams have an answer for the Saints offense)

New York @ Green Bay=G-MEN win(Giants have/can/will bring it on the frozen tundra, should be the best game of the entire weekend)
Agree with all but the last one. Giants have shown they CAN do it, but I just don't see the Pack going down so early.

01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

sensjersey11's Divisional weekend picks/predictions

Denver @ New England=Brady Win(I'm no Pats fan, but Brady is going to show Tebow what a truly elite QB can do.)

Houston @ Baltimore=Ravens win(I have a hard time seeing Houston keeping up with a non-Bengals team without Schaub, and the Ravens are just about as un-Bengal-like as you get)

New Orleans @ San Francisco=Saints win(This game is going to be WAY closer than some people think... I see San Fran keeping it close all game with their suffocating D, but Brees will pull it out in the 4th quarter for the close win).

New York @ Green Bay=Packers win(Giants haven't beaten the Packers since 2007, when the team was, quite literally, almost completely different, led by a declining Favre, and not nearly as good. Packers have won every game since then. Honestly, if Giants fans are hanging their hat on beating the Pack this one time five years ago, then it's already over. Pack win by at least 2 TD's.)

Old
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
sensjersey11's Divisional weekend picks/predictions

Denver @ New England=Brady Win(I'm no Pats fan, but Brady is going to show Tebow what a truly elite QB can do.)

Houston @ Baltimore=Ravens win(I have a hard time seeing Houston keeping up with a non-Bengals team without Schaub, and the Ravens are just about as un-Bengal-like as you get)

New Orleans @ San Francisco=Saints win(This game is going to be WAY closer than some people think... I see San Fran keeping it close all game with their suffocating D, but Brees will pull it out in the 4th quarter for the close win).

New York @ Green Bay=Packers win(Giants haven't beaten the Packers since 2007, when the team was, quite literally, almost completely different, led by a declining Favre, and not nearly as good. Packers have won every game since then. Honestly, if Giants fans are hanging their hat on beating the Pack this one time five years ago, then it's already over. Pack win by at least 2 TD's.)
4 years ago,

anyways, It's Eli's first playoff game at Lambeau since then, and he has arguably a better receiving core, Bradshaw and Jacobs are FINALLY both healthy again, the defense has really come together at the right time, and the O-line can hold up quite well against Matthews et all.

Manning has always been absolutely phenomenal in cold weather playoff games, and is great in the pocket when under pressure. The game will be decided by 7 points or less.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
4 years ago,
Right. I was doing the math based on calendar years, not actual NFL seasons. You're correct.

Quote:
anyways, It's Eli's first playoff game at Lambeau since then, and he has arguably a better receiving core, Bradshaw and Jacobs are FINALLY both healthy again, the defense has really come together at the right time, and the O-line can hold up quite well against Matthews et all.
It may be Eli's first playoff game at Lambeau since then, but he has played 2 regular season games since then against the Packers, and lost them both (this year in NY, and a blowout loss last year at Lambeau: 45-17). Eli MAY arguably have a better receiving core and healthy RB's than he did in '07, but EVERYTHING about the packers is SIGNIFICANTLY better in 2011 than it was in 2007: the receiving corps, the QB, their RB situation, both the O and D lines, and above all, their D is almost night-and-day different, in a good way. This is a better Packers team than last year, when they won the whole frigging thing.

I'm MUCH more worried about a team like Baltimore and New Orleans than I am about the Giants. The G-men are just above Houston and Denver on my "Serious-Threat-O-Meter".

Quote:
Manning has always been absolutely phenomenal in cold weather playoff games, and is great in the pocket when under pressure. The game will be decided by 7 points or less.
Eh. Obviously Manning has had playoff success, I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. That being said, unless the Pack are overconfident and seriously rusty from their bye-week layoff or they get some significant in-game injuries, I can't see New York winning this game.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Right. I was doing the math based on calendar years, not actual NFL seasons. You're correct.

It may be Eli's first playoff game at Lambeau since then, but he has played 2 regular season games since then against the Packers, and lost them both (this year in NY, and a blowout loss last year at Lambeau: 45-17). Eli MAY arguably have a better receiving core and healthy RB's than he did in '07, but EVERYTHING about the packers is SIGNIFICANTLY better in 2011 than it was in 2007: the receiving corps, the QB, their RB situation, both the O and D lines, and above all, their D is almost night-and-day different, in a good way. This is a better Packers team than last year, when they won the whole frigging thing.

I'm MUCH more worried about a team like Baltimore and New Orleans than I am about the Giants. The G-men are just above Houston and Denver on my "Serious-Threat-O-Meter".

Eh. Obviously Manning has had playoff success, I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. That being said, unless the Pack are overconfident and seriously rusty from their bye-week layoff or they get some significant in-game injuries, I can't see New York winning this game.
It's highly debatable about whether or not this Packers team is better then last year, more experienced sure...

An O-line that features Mackenzie, Snee, Diehl is not something to take lightly.

The Pack haven't shown many weakesses this year in their game for the most part, but they are far from unbeatable. New York just has to establish their running game, their defense has to continue to improve after each play, and Eli has to be...well..Eli for the Giants to win this game. The Packers aren't winning it again this year....heck even the Saints are a more formidable opponent at this point regardless of the teams records.

The Packers really haven't experienced the feeling of losing in quite sometime....something that the other teams left have.

I stand by my prediction.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Let`s go Ravens

Old
01-10-2012, 04:29 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Im not at all tired, so I will make my NFL picks for next week, last week I started 4 and 0 for the second year in a row

Denver
Houston
Green Bay
New Orleans

Closed Thread