HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JR out 4-6 weeks

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
This hurts the team. I don't know why so many of you can't acknowledge it. Over the last few games, I heard a lot of "this is the JR that the Kings need" (especially for the playoffs)... but, as of this afternoon, it's turned into "we don't need JR." Which is it?

JR was just beginning to look like a true top-6, and who knows; it might've continued like that. Can you really say that, over the next 4-6 weeks, he wouldn't have been very important to the Kings success? He's one of the team's better penalty killers. He also contributes with good speed and passing. Sure, fill-in players do an ok job, but there's no substitute for true top-6 talent. I would've thought that the '03-'04 season (with fill-in players up the wazoo) had already taught that lesson.

DT not making a move yet to shore up the forwards could really bite the team over the next 4-6 weeks. We'll see...

Last edited by Osprey: 12-20-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old
12-21-2005, 12:26 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
This hurts the team. I don't know why so many of you can't acknowledge it. Over the last few games, I heard a lot of "this is the JR that the Kings need" (especially for the playoffs)... but, as of this afternoon, it's turned into "we don't need JR." Which is it?

JR was just beginning to look like a true top-6, and who knows; it might've continued like that. Can you really say that, over the next 4-6 weeks, he wouldn't have been very important to the Kings success? He's one of the team's better penalty killers. He also contributes with good speed and passing. Sure, fill-in players do an ok job, but there's no substitute for true top-6 talent. I would've thought that the '03-'04 season (with fill-in players up the wazoo) had already taught that lesson.

DT not making a move yet to shore up the forwards could really bite the team over the next 4-6 weeks. We'll see...
I agree in that we really need to make some kind of move after the holiday freeze is over. Otherwise, it WILL bite us big time. The big question, is what will we have to give up? The Thornton trade as well as others, lead me to believe that it might not be as bad as originally feared.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey

Yeah I dont know why you people are saying that we dont need J.R.? He's our #1 penalty killer.

DT needs to make a deal after the freeze.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:38 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Yeah I dont know why you people are saying that we dont need J.R.? He's our #1 penalty killer.

DT needs to make a deal after the freeze.
Exactly. You and I seem to be on the same page recently. Sort of scary.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Exactly. You and I seem to be on the same page recently. Sort of scary.
Scary? Why? It's not like I'm some sort of radical.

Old
12-21-2005, 12:49 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Scary? Why? It's not like I'm some sort of radical.
No, that would be Tubby. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Closed Thread