HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

GM 43: Cats def. Nucks - 2-1 (Weise)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
dun dun dunnn...the return of JovoCop.

Wish we had Booth back for this game. I miss watching him fly past defenders. His top speed is ridic. That being said, I'm confident the Nucks can take this one.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:36 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
dun dun dunnn...the return of JovoCop.

Wish we had Booth back for this game. I miss watching him fly past defenders. His top speed is ridic. That being said, I'm confident the Nucks can take this one.
Don't rule Booth out of this game yet, he IS cleared to play, and it's all up to him how he feels and if he wants to play this soon. Seeing as it's in Florida though, may really tempt him to play.

Since he's cleared to play, may as well play and get the rust off now instead of waiting down the road.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Canucksxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Don't rule Booth out of this game yet, he IS cleared to play, and it's all up to him how he feels and if he wants to play this soon. Seeing as it's in Florida though, may really tempt him to play.

Since he's cleared to play, may as well play and get the rust off now instead of waiting down the road.
Here's a video about him and from what he says it seems like Booth will probably not play tomorrow.

I don't know how to post the video into my post? Could someone tell me how?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0md...layer_embedded

Old
01-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucksxo View Post
Here's a video about him and from what he says it seems like Booth will probably not play tomorrow.

Take the code after "v=," click the YouTube button, and paste the code in. In this case, it would be 0J0mdNG1SbU.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Sucks he won't play, but he's such an upbeat guy and is always smiling. Really like Booth, and I've liked him since his FLA days as well, but it's sure nice to have him on the Canucks.

Hopefully he can play all the game son our upcoming homestand after our roadtrip.

Old
01-08-2012, 11:52 PM
KesGold17

I think this will be a tough game to win after an emotional win in Boston.

4-3 Florida

Old
01-09-2012, 12:00 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Logo hunting FTW.
Well he was called "the Shin-guard assassin" in Detroit.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Kagee*

Don't make fun of Sammy, dude was awesome when he was on his game especially in the playoffs.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
KesGold17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Don't make fun of Sammy, dude was awesome when he was on his game especially in the playoffs.
I wish we had him for more than the first round last year. That guy was a gamer.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:11 AM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Samy was great, it's a shame his injuries derailed his season last year, really could've used him in the final, especially when you look at how ineffectual our PP was. Also didn't take crap and had a nice edge to his game. To be honest, if he can get fully healthy and would be willing to sign cheaply I would bring him back but he would be in a real battle for ice time between Booth and Hansen.

I still maintain that the main reason he was let go was the emergence of Hodgson.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:26 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

I think he was just a little too slow to keep up with guys he was playing with. Injuries also took him over as well. As mentioned before, he was willing to push back if he was touched, or someone did something, he was there.

I miss Sammy, but it was time to go seperate ways and bring in fresh, young blood.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:27 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Just having a little fun with Sammy and his past nicknames, is all. I loved him as well, and wish we still had the Sammy that ripped it up against LA in the playoffs. If Sammy does good, we should trade for him.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Bombsy

Quote:
Just having a little fun with Sammy and his past nicknames, is all. I loved him as well, and wish we still had the Sammy that ripped it up against LA in the playoffs. If Sammy does good, we should trade for him.
With the track record the Canucks and Panthers have for making trades, I wouldn't count it out. Might as well throw Jovo in too.

The Panthers look like they're going to be buyers rather than sellers this trade deadline. Even if they slide a little they'll still be in the hunt for a playoff spot. The East is going to be a dogfight for those last 4 playoff spots. Philly, Boston, and the Rangers are locks, the SE division winner gets a spot too obviously, but the rest are up for grabs out there. As good as it looks to have the Panthers sitting at 3rd in the East, they still have more losses than wins if you count shootout losses as losses. 21-13-8

Old
01-09-2012, 12:44 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
With the track record the Canucks and Panthers have for making trades, I wouldn't count it out. Might as well throw Jovo in too.
Not Jovo, even though I like him, but get Jason Garrison. He's a goal scorer...on defense....

Old
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Bombsy

Quote:
Not Jovo, even though I like him, but get Jason Garrison. He's a goal scorer...on defense....
As a team in the playoff hunt like the Panthers, and the way they still have to watch their money, Jason Garrison would be the last guy they trade. He makes $675,000. He is a UFA after this season, but I don't see them trading him still. He's too good of value for them. I'll be interested watching him play tomorrow. Can't say I've caught many Panthers games this year.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:58 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombsy View Post
As a team in the playoff hunt like the Panthers, and the way they still have to watch their money, Jason Garrison would be the last guy they trade. He makes $675,000. He is a UFA after this season, but I don't see them trading him still. He's too good of value for them. I'll be interested watching him play tomorrow. Can't say I've caught many Panthers games this year.
It was just me fantasizing, is all. He has a good shot, and he'd help our PP even further with his blast. I'd love to see Jovo back in Vancouver though and then win a Cup with him and Salo.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
Take the code after "v=," click the YouTube button, and paste the code in. In this case, it would be 0J0mdNG1SbU.

LOL at Booth still getting "we" and "them" all jumbled up when referring to Florida Panthers.
But in the interview he seems to be really happy, so looks like he's doing just fine adjusting into our locker room.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesGold17 View Post
I think this will be a tough game to win after an emotional win in Boston.

4-3 Florida
Yeah I agree. This is exactly the type of game you expect a team to lose after a signifiant emotional win.

Add that to the fact that Florida is coming off of two straight losses and I think you see Vancouver lose a close game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this goes into OT.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
well, his LA series in 2010 was all-world.

Calling him a playoff performer...eh. That series did wonders for his reputation here, and it was incredible to watch but regarding whole playoff performance here. Average. Too bad he had that injury last year, though.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:51 AM
SedBurrKesHiggLappy
The Kassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucksxo View Post

That reporter has a real creepy voice...

Old
01-09-2012, 02:00 AM
NuxFan09

This seems like a game that might be a letdown but I can see it being a pleasant surprise as well in the form of a convincing win. Not trying to minimize what the Panthers have done so far this season at all, but they do play in a vastly inferior conference so going up the Canucks, even after the Canucks just finished the most emotional game of the year, could potentially be a tough gig for them. That and there's the whole "they aren't very familiar with the Canucks" thing too. Lastly, Clemmensen is kind of a wild card in goal. While he's proven that he be a solid starter for stretches of time, he's not necessarily a proven commodity either so who knows what kind of goaltending he'll give the Panthers tomorrow?

At the end of the day I'm going to go with a 4-2 Canucks win. The Canucks will show that they've found their groove on the powerplay again and will also get a couple at even strength. I suspect the Panthers will give the Canucks a good push, though, especially when their 5 man unit of Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg and Campbell-Garrison is out on the ice.

VAN goals:

D. Sedin (PP)
Burrows
Hansen
Edler (PP)

FLA goals:

Versteeg
Weiss

Old
01-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Let's not forget the Canucks desire to recapture first place in the league and, as competitive athletes, they still want to win every one regardless of who they just played. These things should give them drive coming off such an emotional game.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:22 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Oh crap, is Samuelsson back in the lineup? He's gonna score four goals and then tell AV to go **** himself
We should trade for him and Gillis should secretly hire a bunch of guys to follow him around and pull pranks to keep him continously pissed off.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:25 AM
thepuckmonster
professional winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
We should trade for him and Gillis should secretly hire a bunch of guys to follow him around and pull pranks to keep him continously pissed off.
I hear Ashton Kutcher is looking for work.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Crows*

Would really love back to back wins here. Would do wonders for pretty much sealing the division and creating some room int he conference.

Closed Thread