HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic didn't Change. Okay, So why were there six Bruins on the ice.

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 03:31 AM
RandyRolfe

vCash: 500
Lucic didn't Change. Okay, So why were there six Bruins on the ice.

I've been watching the srum that saw Lucic tossed which was rescinded but I'm wondering why there were 6 B's on the ice. Did anyone else catch that?
Krejci clearly comes off the bench as Lucic changes. How does this guy keep get away with this stuff and why did the NHL rescind the call? If Lucic didn't come off the bench then Krejci did.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22QS99ReTo

Old
01-09-2012, 03:38 AM
bleedblack93

They're more like... guidelines

Old
01-09-2012, 03:40 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRolfe View Post
I've been watching the srum that saw Lucic tossed which was rescinded but I'm wondering why there were 6 B's on the ice. Did anyone else catch that?
Krejci clearly comes off the bench as Lucic changes. How does this guy keep get away with this stuff and why did the NHL rescind the call? If Lucic didn't come off the bench then Krejci did.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22QS99ReTo
Guess what, VAN would have had six on the ice as well had "captain" Hank not snuck off just as the B's started swarming.

01-09-2012, 03:58 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Guess what, VAN would have had six on the ice as well had "captain" Hank not snuck off just as the B's started swarming.
Exactly. Would have.

Boston had 6 guys physically involved in the actual brouhaha. Henrik got a piece of the pie before the Cool Whip was served.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:05 AM
RandyRolfe

Quote:
NHL Rule Book http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26481

70.1 Leaving the Bench
No player or goalkeeper may leave the players’ or penalty bench at any time during an altercation or for the purpose of starting an altercation. Substitutions made prior to the altercation shall be permitted provided the players so substituting do not enter the altercation.

Henrick was in the process of a change when a brawl ensued in front of the bench. He finished his change. Lucic was in the process of his change Krejci left the bench and entered the play skating towards his zone when the brawl ensued and at this time Lucic left the bench and joined the brawl. Since he was no longer considered a player on the ice because he was entering his own bench and his replacement was on the ice he illegally left the bench to join an altercation. Just like the rule book says.
had the brawl been somewhere on the ice instead of the door where the players change Henrick would have been no where near or involved in the play. But Lucic would have still left his bench.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:07 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Watch what he does during the Rypien (RIP) incident with the MIN fan...1:03 mark of this video:

The real leaders of the team jump in while Hank ducks out. Compare and contrast in both videos with Malhotra's actions (who is not exactly known for his fighting ability). Leadership 101 -- at least in the NHL.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:08 AM
RandyRolfe

See I don't just enter conjecture and nonsense on this site.
I don't like polluting the threads with bias and mud slinging I like to know what I'm talking about.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:09 AM
RandyRolfe

Wait so are you talking about Henrick's ability to lead or the play of which I created this thread for?
Because if that's the case start your own thread.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Verviticus

can you at least spell his name right

Old
01-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Voracity

Lucic swapped out for Paille. Horton swapped out for Thornton.

Thornton however stayed to respond to Burrows and was caught in the scrum.

All players were legally on the ice as it was a line change when the scrum started.

When the dust was settling on the skirmish, Lucic stuck out like a sore thumb with the headlock. Referee by this time noticed more Bruins on the ice than Canucks and incorrectly assumed it was because Lucic joined the fray as he was wafflling near the bench to join the melee or not.

Horton maybe should have returned to the bench since Thornton stayed on the ice. By this time he was already engaged with Weise on the other side of the ice.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:18 AM
Verviticus

i like to know what im talking about thats why my favourite players on the team are alexander burrows, ryan kessler and manny malholtra

Old
01-09-2012, 04:21 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Watch what he does during the Rypien (RIP) incident with the MIN fan...1:03 mark of this video:

The real leaders of the team jump in while Hank ducks out. Compare and contrast in both videos with Malhotra's actions (who is not exactly known for his fighting ability). Leadership 101 -- at least in the NHL.

You must be joking.

Do you recall when O'brien went nutz on Bowness, it was Henrik that stood up to calm him down. Don't spout this "real leaders of the team" garbage.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:28 AM
RandyRolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
can you at least spell his name right
Sorry HENRIK. My fingers go straight for "rick".

I'm sorry I got the swapping players wrong But regardless Horton hadn't started to the bench let alone had his body physically in the bench. Lucic had one foot inside his own bench and people were saying it would be sad if he got the 10 games for a foot but as the rule states the player replacing him could not be in the play which he was. Sorry I got the player wrong hard to see the numbers.
And if you're try to goad me into pointing out "kessler" very cute.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:29 AM
RandyRolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
i like to know what im talking about thats why my favourite players on the team are alexander burrows, ryan kessler and manny malholtra
And it's Alexandre...

Old
01-09-2012, 04:32 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
You must be joking.

Do you recall when O'brien went nutz on Bowness, it was Henrik that stood up to calm him down. Don't spout this "real leaders of the team" garbage.
These weren't examples of situations where "calming" a teammate was required. The team mate was engaged with a combatant in both cases. Going to the defence of a team mate was required.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:39 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
You must be joking.

Especially considering Rypien clearly shoved Henrik first.

There's nothing like the "real leaders" on this team such as Kesler and Bieksa talking trash to the media like 2nd year bottom liners.

Questioning Henrik's leadership qualities is laughable and pathetic really.

Old
01-09-2012, 04:44 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:

Most of the so-called leaders on the bench just wanted to kill the fan. How does that prove *****?

There's no saving this thread. *pops open a beer as I witness it careen down a hill into a river*

Old
01-09-2012, 04:50 AM
RandyRolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
Most of the so-called leaders on the bench just wanted to kill the fan. How does that prove *****?

There's no saving this thread. *pops open a beer as I witness it careen down a hill into a river*
Yup. My first thread and I'm starting to regret it... I'm waiting for someone to pop in with a reference to Luongo being a bad goalie and then I'm oudda here!

Old
01-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Verviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRolfe View Post
Yup. My first thread and I'm starting to regret it... I'm waiting for someone to pop in with a reference to Luongo being a bad goalie and then I'm oudda here!
it's not a very good thread because you started with an incorrect premise that few people care about - the 10 game suspension is clearly a spirit of the law over letter of the law rule that can be waived off for practically any reason to protect all but the worst of goons. it's meant to prevent true bench clearing brawls and complete ****heads from ruining a game by hopping off when they shouldn't, not to penalize a guy who was on the ice 0.25 seconds prior to an engagement he definitely would be been in on

it's also discussing a thing that is being discussed in multiple threads both here and elsewhere on the forums

i'll be extra nice - your attitude, while possibly pleasant in a discussion with friends, comes across as condescending and unpleasant when you're bantering back and forth on a forum

Old
01-09-2012, 06:12 AM
RandyRolfe

I guess you're right. Thanks Dad.

This is the first time I have used a site like this cause I thought they were kinda lame.
Outside of fantasy trades and rumors, pretty much useless.
Don't worry champ I'm deleting my account and you can go back to not be condescending.

Old
01-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Abaddon*

Lucic is actually a really nice guy, and sort of handsome in a strange way lol. He stayed with my friend when he was with the Giants and he gave me free beers, and helped me learn how to play ping pong.

Old
01-09-2012, 06:31 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:

You cant be serious. How do you knock Henrik's leadership abilities because he didn't rush to help Rypien who was ''fighting'' the fans?

Old
01-09-2012, 06:38 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:

Yes, watch Henrik laying his glove on Rypien's shoulder at 1:05 and try to talk to him, right before Rypien explodes. What option where there really after that, a rabbit punch in the neck? Rypien was bound for the dressing room already and the game was still very much on.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:

Are you kidding ??

You must be kidding.

Not to mention. What does this have to do with the topic.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniversary View Post
Well that's not very nice at all. He's a good guy and he made some funny jokes.
Maybe he is a great guy off the ice, that shouldn't have anything to do with how his actions on the ice should be handled. If you consistently sucker punch people, mug people and give questionable hits, I don't care if you are a Nobel Peace Prize winner, you deserve some punishment.

Closed Thread