HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

QMJHL Trades & Rumors thread 2011/2012 edition.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
QcS

vCash: 500
Rumours say that Gatineau MIGHT get Hudon from Chicoutimi at the draft.. who knows, it might be wishful thinking on the fans' part, but they just gave Chicoutimi their top 3 players for only draft picks. Groulx isn't stupid.

As for the rest of the season, Gatineau still has a few decent veterans, and LOTS of young players. It's time to give those youngsters lots of icetime. I actually like this as a fan of the Piques. Groulx get tons of time with the 17 year olds to teach and coach them, and in 2 years, they'll be fully ready to be a force in the league. Soumakis, Poirier, Courtemanche, Lafontaine, and the others will get a chance to get lots of icetime.

Groulx also managed to get a few other 17 year olds (which was a position the piques were looking at getting 17 year olds) and he got a young goalie from Chicoutimi. Now all that's left is to give them all time, and give them the best conditions possible for their development.

Janosik might become the new captain now that Pageau is gone, and i wouldn't be surprised if Macdonald got an A.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Apparently we're getting Dubeau. Also Matheson is likely to report as per a few sources (not legit sources, but I do somewhat trust the guy, he wouldn't make stuff up.)
I believe he will, he was never going to Shawi, it's too French there. And with his LSL buddies in the Q I'm not surprised.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
I believe he will, he was never going to Shawi, it's too French there. And with his LSL buddies in the Q I'm not surprised.
We'll have to keep him away from Dieppe then if he reports

What's the scoop on Matheson? I hear he's highly regarded for the NHL draft, but don't know a lot about him

Old
01-07-2012, 09:20 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
We'll have to keep him away from Dieppe then if he reports

What's the scoop on Matheson? I hear he's highly regarded for the NHL draft, but don't know a lot about him

Good offensive D, PPQB, hard shot, good skating, bot overly physical, good with his stick. Defensively responsible, great skater, very smooth. Good puck handler.

Would have gone 1st in 2010 if he was going the Q route.

Maybe captain material.

If he reports, Moncton wins the trade.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Rumours say that Gatineau MIGHT get Hudon from Chicoutimi at the draft.. who knows, it might be wishful thinking on the fans' part, but they just gave Chicoutimi their top 3 players for only draft picks. Groulx isn't stupid.
I'd be much happier with this, if it's true. I also forgot that Ouellet is from Jonquière, so... I'm happy for him?

Quote:
As for the rest of the season, Gatineau still has a few decent veterans, and LOTS of young players. It's time to give those youngsters lots of icetime. I actually like this as a fan of the Piques. Groulx get tons of time with the 17 year olds to teach and coach them, and in 2 years, they'll be fully ready to be a force in the league. Soumakis, Poirier, Courtemanche, Lafontaine, and the others will get a chance to get lots of icetime.
And Cortese - don't forget Cortese!

Quote:
Janosik might become the new captain now that Pageau is gone, and i wouldn't be surprised if Macdonald got an A.
Macdonald got the C tonight anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if they let him keep it. I'd love to see Jánošík get his A back though.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Lucky Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Very good job by Benoit Groulx for the Olympiques.

To Chicoutimi:
Jean-Gabriel Pageau (C, 19 years old)
Christian Ouellet (RW, 20 years old)
Mathieu Gagnon (D, 19 years old)

To Gatineau:
1st Round Draft Pick (2013) - CHI
1st Round Draft Pick (2013) - BLB
1st Round Draft Pick (2014) - CHI
2nd Round Draft Pick (2013) - CHI
2nd Round Draft Pick (2014) - CHI
3rd Round Draft Pick (2012) - BLB
4th Round Draft Pick (2012) - CAP
Mickael Beauregard (D, 17 years old)
Alexandre Michaud (G, 16 years old)

And the great thing about it is that the team is still competitive and might even have a chance to end up in 1st place in the West Division.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:54 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
And Cortese - don't forget Cortese! .

He's a beast ! You guys are lucky to have him and Soumi !

Old
01-08-2012, 07:54 AM
rocketfan

I like what shawinigan and chicoutimi did victo didnt do enough in my opinion i am goin to make a bold prediction and say chicoutimi will win the Q. as for the Rocket I am obviously upset that the Rocket did not trade duffy but he will be back next year so we might be able to get sumthin for him next season.
I really like the way the team has been competing lately and I think the Dwyer effect is kicking in Laplante is gonna be a great player and we have some nice talent.
But I really hope the sea pups win it again being a maritimer and all

Old
01-08-2012, 08:38 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
I like what shawinigan and chicoutimi did victo didnt do enough in my opinion i am goin to make a bold prediction and say chicoutimi will win the Q. as for the Rocket I am obviously upset that the Rocket did not trade duffy but he will be back next year so we might be able to get sumthin for him next season.
I really like the way the team has been competing lately and I think the Dwyer effect is kicking in Laplante is gonna be a great player and we have some nice talent.
But I really hope the sea pups win it again being a maritimer and all
Look for the Moose to be in on Duffy at the draft. I still find it odd though, considering you have to assume the value of Duffy will only go down from here. I kinda figure that his value would be at its highest during the deadline in a mem cup year. Less come the draft of his 20 y/o year, less come the deadline of his 20 y/o year.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:43 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Thats the thing, the Sea Dogs have played without Gailev, Huberdeau and Coyle most or all of the year. That is three Star players right there.

I would have liked a depth D man and backup goalie, but what can ya do.

For me, im going to pray for no injuries.

I also wonder if some teams maybe wouldnt deal with SJ or put a bigger price tag on them cause some in the league seem to hate on them pretty bad.
I wouldn't be surprised if the price was driven up by teams trying their best to piece together teams to beat Saint John. Ofc Shawinigan has to buy what they can to avoid embarassing themselves.

After watching Saint John last night vs Halifax sans Jurco, Galiev, Tesink, and Coyle, I feel they're more than good enough. Gauthier is not nearly as good as his scoreline suggests, but MacAulay is wayyyyyyyyyy better than his does. Once everyone's healthy you've got a DEEP team. Also noticed Huberdeau was down low in defensive zone while Phillips was covering the pts, bets Coyle plays centre and shifts Phillips to wing?

Old
01-08-2012, 08:50 AM
rocketfan

but than again if Duffy has a big second half he could get a devos like return next year either at the draft or xmas next yr? I still think Duff ends up in halifax and maybe the rocket will get as much from hali at the draft than they would this yr for duffy since next year will be halifaxs year to go for it

Old
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the price was driven up by teams trying their best to piece together teams to beat Saint John. Ofc Shawinigan has to buy what they can to avoid embarassing themselves.

After watching Saint John last night vs Halifax sans Jurco, Galiev, Tesink, and Coyle, I feel they're more than good enough. Gauthier is not nearly as good as his scoreline suggests, but MacAulay is wayyyyyyyyyy better than his does. Once everyone's healthy you've got a DEEP team. Also noticed Huberdeau was down low in defensive zone while Phillips was covering the pts, bets Coyle plays centre and shifts Phillips to wing?
Saint John was scary good last night. The Moose are arguably a top 5 team in the league right now, and Saint John dominated them everywhere. Can't wait to see how Chicoutimi and Shawinigan (sp I know) look to compare. Glad Saint John didn't get Gormley, that just wouldn't have been fair!

Old
01-08-2012, 11:25 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Saint John was scary good last night. The Moose are arguably a top 5 team in the league right now, and Saint John dominated them everywhere. Can't wait to see how Chicoutimi and Shawinigan (sp I know) look to compare. Glad Saint John didn't get Gormley, that just wouldn't have been fair!
Top-6 right now:

1- Saint-john
2- Shawinigan
3- Quebec
4- Victoriaville
5- Chicoutimi
6- any of Rimouski/Halifax/BC/Bathurst/Boisbriand in any order

Old
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Also, MacKinnon might be the best player in the Q. He could play on Saint John's top line. Nuff said. He was DOMINANT last night holy ****. What a pleasure.

Old
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaLeafs View Post
Trust me, they'll be making some noise tomorrow
LOL looks like you aren't very trustworthy

Old
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
chsb

Quote:
Also, MacKinnon might be the best player in the Q. He could play on Saint John's top line. Nuff said. He was DOMINANT last night holy ****. What a pleasure.
Homer talk!

He was far from being THE dominant at the U-17 and he is also remotely THE top player in the Q.

I underestimated him at the start of the season, but here you overvalueing him big time.

Old
01-08-2012, 02:24 PM
BLBarmada

Only Quebec can touch Halifax next year.

I also think that Chicoutimi will be a darkhorse, they have a little bit of everything.

Bold prediction !

Blainville-Boisbriand are on their way to becoming the next Quebec Remparts !

Old
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Homer talk!

He was far from being THE dominant at the U-17 and he is also remotely THE top player in the Q.

I underestimated him at the start of the season, but here you overvalueing him big time.
You predicted he would get 40 pts...all season...may I remind u of that?

Also speaking of Homer Talk...look in the mirror...how can you even lump Bathurst into the discussion for the 6th best team in the league?

Old
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
Top-6 right now:

1- Saint-john
2- Shawinigan
3- Quebec
4- Victoriaville
5- Chicoutimi
My bad, arguably a top 6 team in the league....

Quote:
I was a little underwhelmed with MacKinnon last night. He was very good with the puck, and his goals were fantastic. You can tell just how good he is. But away from the puck I thought he was a bit lazy last night.

Old
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Top-6 right now:

1- Saint-john
2- Shawinigan
3- Quebec
4- Victoriaville
5- Chicoutimi
Bathurst?!?!? Are you kidding me????

Old
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Homer talk!

yea we saint john fans are known for our homerism of moosehead players :thereisntasmileythatcouldpossiblyexpresstheheftof sarcasmrequiredforthispost

Old
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
You predicted he would get 40 pts...all season...may I remind u of that?

Also speaking of Homer Talk...look in the mirror...how can you even lump Bathurst into the discussion for the 6th best team in the league?

It's not worse than suggesting that Halifax, led by 16 YOs and having lost two vets, will be top-5 at the end of the season.
You seem to back up that stance?

Bathurst top -6?
Maybe not but one of the teams I named above could very well be...in lieu of Halifax.

Yes Bathurst stand a chance as they have played over 0.700 since Dec. 1st.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Bathurst?!?!? Are you kidding me????
The proof is in the pudding and right now the pudding is very good.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Mathletic

anyone knows what the canceled trade was involving Rimouski? Apparently they made the Guillaume Gauthier in order to prepare for that trade. I heard a Rimouski journalist say that Boucher had a done deal but the other team changed its mind at the last minute.

Old
01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
The proof is in the pudding and right now the pudding is very good.
Let me translate that for everyone who doesn't know chsb...

Bathurst is king, Bathurst beat all, and we are the kings of the Q

How can u put a team in the same league as Halifax and Chicoutimi, when a) You weren't a "good" team to begin with and b) You just traded away your best D? I love when you call other ppl homers, maybe your just joking around cuz your an unbelievable homer

1 SJ
2 Shawi
3 Quebec
4 Victo
5 Hali/Chic
6 Hali/Chic
7 BC

Next year

1 Hali ;D
2 Quebec
3 ??? Chic? BC?

Hard to tell next year as Grigo is a ?