HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
anyone know the lines at practice today

Old
01-06-2012, 10:54 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
anyone know the lines at practice today
Cammy - Pleks - Gio
Pac - DD - Cole
Moen - Eller - AK
Darche - Noke - Blunden

Old
01-06-2012, 11:04 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Cammy - Pleks - Gio
Pac - DD - Cole
Moen - Eller - AK
Darche - Noke - Blunden
takes

Old
01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Did coach Randy use the above lines mentioned during the game?

And...

Where the **** is Markov? (sorry had to go there!).
When the **** is he going to help our team?? When? (when we're officially out of the playoffs?).
Had more than enough of waiting-for-Markov a healthy Markov is good? so what? he has come close to playing a full season in almost 3 seasons now.
Summer of 2012...the wiating is over...find a top3-4 Dman/replacement (or two). No more waiting.

Does Markov even (sometimes) hang out with the team when they hit the gym together? Or is he doing rehab 24hrs/day in solitary confinement...Siberian style? Does he go to some games sometimes to support our Habs? Wondering about team solidarity? Why is he so ****ing invisible?

Cole treated Leblanc's parents/family to plane tickets/hotel accommodation,etc...(apparently Gomez does this kind of thing all the time for his teammates... and what about Markov? does he spend some of his money for his teammates?! silly question but an honest/direct question). There's a reason teammates love Gomez...he's friendly/outgoing and he's willing to treat his teammates with his $$$$ even though all players are pretty much rich).
Does Markov even visit children in hospitals when the Habs go? never saw a pic of him doing so... He's here for the $$$$ and that's it. When he's back in Russia (in a few years) none of us will remember him. No one remembers Vladimir Malakhov, well...it'll be close to that with Markov. Mark my words. Good riddance (trade his damaged goods ***) or force retirement instead of continuing to pay his $5.75mil/year damaged goods *** for nothing in return). Free up that $$$$ for another top 3-4 dman or two (non-injury prone/young veteran).

Where's Markov?
October? No.
November? No.
December? No.
January? No????
February? No????
March? No????
April? No???

2011? No. Huge nothing but lots of waiting for our Hab fans.
2012? Are we going to see him in 2012? and can he help our Habs right away? or does he need 25-30-40 games to get back in it? (will be too late #$%^&*).
2013???
2014???

A lot of ?????????? for $5.75mil/year!! (3 seasons now).

Summer of 2012...GM Gauthier better find a solid top 3-4 dman (young veteran/not injury prone) so we don't have to wait anymore for Markov? Right now we only have TWO top 4 dmen...Gorges and Subban. We're missing two and that's way too many...$%^&*#$.
It's time Markov retires...but he's going to hold on for the $5.75mil/year for another TWO seasons (he just got close to 3mil for doing nothing and has another approx.14mil coming to him for doing nothing for our Habs...he has got to retire already so we can go after maybe even TWO top 3-4 dmen...). Habs have got to find a way out of this HUGE DUD of a contract. It has really ****ed up our season.

Markov = reason for our ****ed up season (but I still have hope).

I still have hope in our Habs to make playoffs but they have a lot of winning to do...meanwhile Markov is of no help.
Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you feel about Markov.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Do me a favor! Please remove my quote!

I'm also getting tired of bashing the whole waiting-for-Markov.

Maybe we'll get a top 5 pick overall from it.

I'm more afraid of ending up 9th, 10th or 11th, and getting an average to decent Draft Pick instead of a sure-thing (star/superstar prospect).

Obviously I want our Habs to make the playoffs, but I can't win for them, and I can't force Markov to play and actually help our Habs.
He's apparently busy doing rehab.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:59 AM
bsl

Quote:
Hee hee. Yeah. Be more assertive. Don't be shy. I get the feeling you're not happy with Marky, but you should just come out with it....

Old
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
MarkovsKnee

According to Stubbs on Twitter, Gomez is back in the line-up sometime this week. He's practicing full contact. Patches is out with the flu, so Gomez is skating with DD & Cole.

Considering Gomez hasn't played in a long time, I'd stick him on the 4th line and bench Campoli.

It'll be interesting to see how RC works the lines/roster with Gomer back.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
According to Stubbs on Twitter, Gomez is back in the line-up sometime this week. He's practicing full contact. Patches is out with the flu, so Gomez is skating with DD & Cole.

Considering Gomez hasn't played in a long time, I'd stick him on the 4th line and bench Campoli.

It'll be interesting to see how RC works the lines/roster with Gomer back.
I hope he does well, Gomez seems like a good enough guy. Maybe that mix will work.

The end of the day they have 10 top 9 forwards though, and Moen can go down to the 4th line but he's working REAL well with Eller and Kostitsyn right now.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
llamateizer

yay Gomez is back

Old
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
yay Gomez is back
You forgot the

Old
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Markov stole his sweetroll.

Old
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
So Gomez is going to play Saturday?

Old
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Young Gun

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
Did coach Randy use the above lines mentioned during the game?

And...

Where the **** is Markov? (sorry had to go there!).
When the **** is he going to help our team?? When? (when we're officially out of the playoffs?).
Had more than enough of waiting-for-Markov a healthy Markov is good? so what? he has come close to playing a full season in almost 3 seasons now.
Summer of 2012...the wiating is over...find a top3-4 Dman/replacement (or two). No more waiting.

Does Markov even (sometimes) hang out with the team when they hit the gym together? Or is he doing rehab 24hrs/day in solitary confinement...Siberian style? Does he go to some games sometimes to support our Habs? Wondering about team solidarity? Why is he so ****ing invisible?

Cole treated Leblanc's parents/family to plane tickets/hotel accommodation,etc...(apparently Gomez does this kind of thing all the time for his teammates... and what about Markov? does he spend some of his money for his teammates?! silly question but an honest/direct question). There's a reason teammates love Gomez...he's friendly/outgoing and he's willing to treat his teammates with his $$$$ even though all players are pretty much rich).
Does Markov even visit children in hospitals when the Habs go? never saw a pic of him doing so... He's here for the $$$$ and that's it. When he's back in Russia (in a few years) none of us will remember him. No one remembers Vladimir Malakhov, well...it'll be close to that with Markov. Mark my words. Good riddance (trade his damaged goods ***) or force retirement instead of continuing to pay his $5.75mil/year damaged goods *** for nothing in return). Free up that $$$$ for another top 3-4 dman or two (non-injury prone/young veteran).

Where's Markov?
October? No.
November? No.
December? No.
January? No????
February? No????
March? No????
April? No???

2011? No. Huge nothing but lots of waiting for our Hab fans.
2012? Are we going to see him in 2012? and can he help our Habs right away? or does he need 25-30-40 games to get back in it? (will be too late #$%^&*).
2013???
2014???

A lot of ?????????? for $5.75mil/year!! (3 seasons now).

Summer of 2012...GM Gauthier better find a solid top 3-4 dman (young veteran/not injury prone) so we don't have to wait anymore for Markov? Right now we only have TWO top 4 dmen...Gorges and Subban. We're missing two and that's way too many...$%^&*#$.
It's time Markov retires...but he's going to hold on for the $5.75mil/year for another TWO seasons (he just got close to 3mil for doing nothing and has another approx.14mil coming to him for doing nothing for our Habs...he has got to retire already so we can go after maybe even TWO top 3-4 dmen...). Habs have got to find a way out of this HUGE DUD of a contract. It has really ****ed up our season.

Markov = reason for our ****ed up season (but I still have hope).

I still have hope in our Habs to make playoffs but they have a lot of winning to do...meanwhile Markov is of no help.

Quote:
I feel the same about Markov. don't give a **** if we ever see him play another game .
Being injured and certainly knowing it himself, how in the **** was he ever given another contract to play for this team.

Old
01-10-2012, 02:10 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I think unforeseen circumstances happened to Markov's knee at some point after he signed that deal. So it goes...maybe he'll be okay for years 2 and 3. It's not the biggest of deals, hell if signing him to a 3 year deal that gets nothing out of him was the alternative to signing Wizniewski for 6 at 5.5 than I'll take Markov injured for 3 years anyways.

He might actually play though? Daaaamn, sounds too good to be true!

Old
01-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

It would be nice to get some kind of update on Markov, it almost sounds like thewy are keeping it hush hush because nobody brought it up and they don't want to jinx it. Hopefully he is on the ice soon, because "after the All-star break" is 3 weeks from today I think.

Old
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Mynameismark*

I just want Ryan White back.

Keep Blunden up when White is back and maybe just shelve Darche.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:16 PM
LeHab

Upper body injury for Gio according to Cunney.

Old
01-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Edgy

What is the word on Markov? Any news, updates? Anything?!

Old
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
ThaDevilGirl

And Gionta not making the trip. This team is cursed

Old
01-11-2012, 10:56 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
And Gionta not making the trip. This team is cursed
Hey, at least his presence allowed the Habs to have 2 more games above the salary floor, bringing the total to 6!

Old
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Hey, at least his presence allowed the Habs to have 2 more games above the salary floor, bringing the total to 6!
We really miss Gomez and his zero goals and why we ever counted on Mr Glass for anything is beyond me. The salary floor crap is just that, crap, markov should of been foreseeable and Gomez, well he's gomez, it's the equivalent of losing a $2million player, not 7.5m.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Well that's a relief!

Old
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
So Gomez is going to play Saturday?
He'll be dressed & in lineup and go for a skate around the rink sometimes even carrying the puck but whether he plays, well, that's a whole different matter.

Old
01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Gionta out for the next 3 games

Old
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=611136

Quote:
Captain Brian Gionta wonít accompany the team to Boston after suffering an upper-body injury in Tuesday nightís game against the Blues. Injured center Scott Gomez has not yet been cleared by the medical staff but he will make the trip to Boston.

Ryan White is still skating alone with Canadiens strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard but is hoping to join his teammates on the ice for practices in the near future.

ďI hope so. Itís getting boring out there just me and Petey,Ē joked White. ďI feel pretty good but I donít feel 100% and I donít feel Iím back where I need to be. Itís going the right way and Iím feeling better than I was last week and I just want to keep that going the right way.Ē

Closed Thread