HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes @ Predators (Who cares? Just win!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2012, 01:17 AM
  #126
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I don't remember the last time our PP was this good. How was it when Kariya was on the team?
you won't because it has never been this good.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
  #127
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Well ****... I just noticed I'm all of the sudden a global mod. Dunno when that happened, but cool
Congrats man, I had my money on Slake but hey congrats about time we get some globomods.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
  #128
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Nashville has the #2 PP based on % and the offense is very close to top 10.


Now just need the defense to step up.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
  #129
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Nashville has the #2 PP based on % and the offense is very close to top 10.


Now just need the defense to step up.
The irony is killing me right now.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
  #130
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
The irony is killing me right now.
Funny thing is, trading for a big crease clearing d-man is cheaper than a goal scoring forward.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:33 AM
  #131
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,355
vCash: 130
And yet everyone apparently including weber and suter think we need an elite forward right now....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #132
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
And yet everyone apparently including weber and suter think we need an elite forward right now....
The thing is this, if Nashville DOES trade for said forward, they could ask for the crease clearing d-man as a throw-in.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  #133
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,355
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The thing is this, if Nashville DOES trade for said forward, they could ask for the crease clearing d-man as a throw-in.
are you kidding me? the kind of forward that we need is going to cost an arm and a leg as it is... if we ask for a physical dman along with we will have to ship them half of our roster

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 12:12 PM
  #134
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Congrats man, I had my money on Slake but hey congrats about time we get some globomods.
Thanks! SLake is the better option, but I'm a bigger loser so I have more time to kill

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
  #135
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Thanks! SLake is the better option, but I'm a bigger loser so I have more time to kill
No, I'm happy right here. Thanks though...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  #136
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
are you kidding me? the kind of forward that we need is going to cost an arm and a leg as it is... if we ask for a physical dman along with we will have to ship them half of our roster
SOB was obtained for Ryan Parent and Jonas Andersson after being put on waivers. That big d man might come cheaper than some might think

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:10 PM
  #137
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
SOB was obtained for Ryan Parent and Jonas Andersson after being put on waivers. That big d man might come cheaper than some might think
That was in October though, an entirely different kind of acquisition due to the time of year. Don't think he would hold true in jan/feb

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
  #138
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
SOB was obtained for Ryan Parent and Jonas Andersson after being put on waivers. That big d man might come cheaper than some might think
yes.

BUT....

totally different situation then. preseason those things are easier to do. especially since SOB had fallen out of favor.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
  #139
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,939
vCash: 500
Glad we won, but these are the games we have to win to keep pace.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:00 AM
  #140
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Congrats man, I had my money on Slake but hey congrats about time we get some globomods.
Hey, I was a board admin, back in my NMK days. I rocked the navy blue.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:04 AM
  #141
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
And yet everyone apparently including weber and suter think we need an elite forward right now....
I don't think we can really say we don't. We have a huge need for a true second pairing, stay at home d-man...but our offense,while balanced, still lacks a reliable, go-to guy. One guy who doesn't go through the extended cold streaks that our primary scorers do. Otherwise, you run the risk of the entire roster going cold in the playoffs. I don't think it's as dire as last year, where I think we needed TWO such players to have a chance against Vancouver, but I still think our biggest need is a high end forward.

The cost for a guy like Beauchemin will be high, but considerably less for a Scott Hannan, Toni Lydman, or Bryan Allen.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
  #142
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Hey, I was a board admin, back in my NMK days. I rocked the navy blue.
Ditto, but then I got a life. it wasn't a good life so I exchanged it back my loser self.....I miss all those extra buttons.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
  #143
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,355
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I don't think we can really say we don't. We have a huge need for a true second pairing, stay at home d-man...but our offense,while balanced, still lacks a reliable, go-to guy. One guy who doesn't go through the extended cold streaks that our primary scorers do. Otherwise, you run the risk of the entire roster going cold in the playoffs. I don't think it's as dire as last year, where I think we needed TWO such players to have a chance against Vancouver, but I still think our biggest need is a high end forward.

The cost for a guy like Beauchemin will be high, but considerably less for a Scott Hannan, Toni Lydman, or Bryan Allen.
Complicating the issue is the perceived need to ice a cup competitive team right now both to convince Weber and Suter to sign long term and to continue to snowball the enthusiasm generated by last years playoff win.

the fact is that given another year or two to mature, Wilson and Smith could be our version of Ryan and Perry, and we could be Cup competitve with only home grown talent(especially if rads returns and extends)... but we dont know that for sure and we presumably cant wait that long to find out.

the kicker is, almost any deal to get us an elite forward via trade is going to require Wilson going the other way

I know I wouldnt want David Poile's job....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
  #144
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Complicating the issue is the perceived need to ice a cup competitive team right now both to convince Weber and Suter to sign long term and to continue to snowball the enthusiasm generated by last years playoff win.

the fact is that given another year or two to mature, Wilson and Smith could be our version of Ryan and Perry, and we could be Cup competitve with only home grown talent(especially if rads returns and extends)... but we dont know that for sure and we presumably cant wait that long to find out.

the kicker is, almost any deal to get us an elite forward via trade is going to require Wilson going the other way

I know I wouldnt want David Poile's job....
You think he'll have a job if he's not able to get anything for Suter OR Weber ? ... If Weber hears/sees what Poile offered Suter and how he handled the arbitration over the summer ... It's conceivable to believe that Poile's hot seat may be on fire ... Now I don't know who I'd go after to replace Poile ... but the "Predator's Way" has only worked once in the playoffs since '04

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
  #145
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
You think he'll have a job if he's not able to get anything for Suter OR Weber ? ... If Weber hears/sees what Poile offered Suter and how he handled the arbitration over the summer ... It's conceivable to believe that Poile's hot seat may be on fire ... Now I don't know who I'd go after to replace Poile ... but the "Predator's Way" has only worked once in the playoffs since '04
Do you really think Weber doesn't know what Suter was offered? How did Suter handle what arbitration?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
  #146
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
You think he'll have a job if he's not able to get anything for Suter OR Weber ? ... If Weber hears/sees what Poile offered Suter and how he handled the arbitration over the summer ... It's conceivable to believe that Poile's hot seat may be on fire ... Now I don't know who I'd go after to replace Poile ... but the "Predator's Way" has only worked once in the playoffs since '04
I honestly don't think Poile's seat is hot. He has an incredibly tough job to try to lock Weber and Suter up long term; but, do you really think he gets fired if he is unable to do so? I don't ...

Poile getting fired by the ownership group has about as much chance as Trotz getting fired by Poile.

Not ... gonna ... happen ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:37 PM
  #147
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I honestly don't think Poile's seat is hot. He has an incredibly tough job to try to lock Weber and Suter up long term; but, do you really think he gets fired if he is unable to do so? I don't ...

Poile getting fired by the ownership group has about as much chance as Trotz getting fired by Poile.

Not ... gonna ... happen ...
I think, right or wrong, Trotz and poile are about as ensconced as anyone in professional sports. Preds' ownership are so "non-hockey" that they can do nothing but trust Poile's judgment, and given his track record and image around the league...for all the years he made chicken salad from chickenpoo, they'll likely continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
  #148
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think, right or wrong, Trotz and poile are about as ensconced as anyone in professional sports. Preds' ownership are so "non-hockey" that they can do nothing but trust Poile's judgment, and given his track record and image around the league...for all the years he made chicken salad from chickenpoo, they'll likely continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Very true ...

Here's another for you. If Poile and Trotz were relieved from the Predators at the end of this season ... how quickly would they be hired by another NHL team?

My feeling is immediately ... both are highly respected around the league.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
  #149
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,903
vCash: 500
I only think Poile and Trotz have to worry about their jobs if ownership lets them spend to the cap for a couple years and we still get the same results.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
  #150
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,355
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
You think he'll have a job if he's not able to get anything for Suter OR Weber ? ... If Weber hears/sees what Poile offered Suter and how he handled the arbitration over the summer ... It's conceivable to believe that Poile's hot seat may be on fire ... Now I don't know who I'd go after to replace Poile ... but the "Predator's Way" has only worked once in the playoffs since '04
I suspect these owners trust Poile and are not even remotely considering firing him. I know when freeman was in charge he admitted he wasnt a hockey person and would trust the hockey people.

I think its unlikely we lose Weber and Suter but I am also sure that Poile wont trade either one without discussing it with ownership, and Im also certain he has got their blessing for whatever happens with those two, as he obviously needs their consent to offer them big money.

there are obviously some posters who wish he was on the hot seat, but he isnt. And Im also sure Poile isnt worried, since if he got fired he'd probably have his pick of GM jobs as they became available...

edit: just noticed this has pretty much been said in the preceding posts...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.