HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Den/Basement/Man Cave

Old
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
GloveSave35

vCash: 500
NYR Den/Basement/Man Cave

We are beginning the process of turning our den into a NYR/hockey heaven. Was wondering if any of you have already done this. Would love to see what you've done!

Feel free to redirect me if this has already been discussed.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

There is a guy on the Bruins board with a really sick Bruins themed basement....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Pizza

Saw something on one of those home fix it shows about Rangers Man Cave. Personally, I think the concept a little silly, but the result was pretty damn cool.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

If you're gonna watch games in there you need a red light & goal horn!

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Wont do this until I leave Manhattan, but I've seen some people make a bar from vertical hockey strick shafts, and the top of the bar is NHL team pucks (with a clear varnish on top so it's a solid surface). Bad azz.

Also, there are a few folks on the Devils board that have a red goal light that can be flipped on when the Devils score, which is pretty silly, but still fun.cool.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Wont do this until I leave Manhattan, but I've seen some people make a bar from vertical hockey strick shafts, and the top of the bar is NHL team pucks (with a clear varnish on top so it's a solid surface). Bad azz.

Also, there are a few folks on the Devils board that have a red goal light that can be flipped on when the Devils score, which is pretty silly, but still fun.cool.
The red goal light idea would be cool if you had a bar and put it on a pressure sensitive switch and whenever you picked up a certain bottle of liquor it went off.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

I would personally go for something of a pub-style mancave, with a healthy dose of NYR/hockey memorabilia thrown in. The mancaves that are almost exclusively focused on one team seem cheesy and over-the-top to me. I would love to have a room with dark varnished clap-board going halfway up the wall, an earthy shade of paint for the top half, with some leather couches/chairs, wet bar, dart board, foosball/air hockey, and a gargantuan TV.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
GloveSave35

Loving the suggestions so far. Actually just ordered a remote controlled goal light with horn yesterday. Will flip that bad boy on when the Rangers score! Love the bar idea. Its a small room so I'm trying to fit as much as I can into a tight space without making it feel like you're in a TGI Fridays.

Thinking about doing a faux ice floor.. maybe putting those tiles that you can practice on over top of the wood floor. Trying to be creative without completely destroying the room for future owners of the home.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:

I make furniture with used hockey sticks. So far, I have a coffee table and a coat rack.

Bar top is my next project, but it would require probably around 75 to 100 sticks(judging by the coffee table). Theyre not hard to come by at practice, but it takes a while.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
thesnake

Quote:
Thats me. I can't resist posting my pictures whenever this comes up... lots of NYR stuff here... some signed, some not. The Blues and Avalanche stools are (were) my mens league teams (we have changed our jerseys since)...

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Mine is in the works, but it is Rangers and Giants. Bought a house last year and we have an extra room. So we planned on turning it into our sports room.

Bought our seats from the old Giants Stadium, along with other signed memorabilia, and a few hockey sticks we have collected over the years, my favorite is Richter's. Its in the works, but cant wait til it is finished.

Edit: To the poster above me, that is awesome.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

All I needed when I was a kid was roller skates, gloves, a stick, and an endless supply of friends to beat the crap out of.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
I would say just don't overdo it.

Having NYR stuff in every square inch of the room would be pretty tacky

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:12 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Thats me. I can't resist posting my pictures whenever this comes up... lots of NYR stuff here... some signed, some not. The Blues and Avalanche stools are (were) my mens league teams (we have changed our jerseys since)...

you have a DigDug machine?! talk about badassery! wow. really really sweet cave you have.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
That's pretty nice, you managed to fit in a lot of stuff without making the room look cluttered or overdone

Old
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Awesome cave. Lucky. My basement's unfinished. but It's like a hockey shootrange with a net, boxes in the top and bottom corners and pass machines. Pretty much practice.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

I'll be over around 6:30pm for the game

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'll be over around 6:30pm for the game
+1.

I'll bring the quarters for Donkey Kong.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
I make furniture with used hockey sticks. So far, I have a coffee table and a coat rack.

Bar top is my next project, but it would require probably around 75 to 100 sticks(judging by the coffee table). Theyre not hard to come by at practice, but it takes a while.
Pics? Very curious to see these

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Thats me.

That's absolutely badazz. A few years ago someone posted the "plans" to make that online, is that how you saw it? The one I saw used all NHL game pucks, but if I'm not mistaken it looks like you have a good mix of all sorts of pucks in there (pic makes it tough to see). How long did it take you to make that thing?

<------ Is clearly jealous.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Pics? Very curious to see these
no prob, i actually just bought a Rodhockey table (stiga , high speed) and sunk it into the table (feet into the sticks). Tomorrow ill take some pics and post em.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

the hockey sticks on that bar don't actually support any weight right?

Like it's sticks attached to a wooden frame.

Old
01-10-2012, 06:13 AM
GloveSave35

Quote:

Really very impressive. I'm jealous for sure. Wish I had that kind of space (and creativity and execution). Well done!

Old
01-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

I have advance permission from my fiancee to fashion a Man Cave in our future home. It will feature copious amounts of NYR things and also my kegerator setup in a bar. Drinking home-brewed draft beer while watching the Rangers is the key to life everlasting.

Wamsutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post
I have advance permission from my fiancee to fashion a Man Cave in our future home. It will feature copious amounts of NYR things and also my kegerator setup in a bar. Drinking home-brewed draft beer while watching the Rangers is the key to life everlasting.
Dude, I have the same exact deal going!

I get married in August of this year, but I have no idea when we'll be ready to buy a home. I have only 2 things that I want in a home. One, is obviously a mancave. The other is a hot tub on the back patio, with a flatscreen inside on a swivel mount so that I can turn it to the exterior window and watch NYR and NYG games from the hot tub when it's frigid outside, beer in hand, of course. If I can get those 2 things, I'll be a happy man for the rest of my days.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote