HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Blues vs. Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 09:42 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
you might think it's funny that people are sensitive when it comes to price, and that somwhow us fanboys are paranoid of any opposition, but lets remeber the guy got boo'ed in a pre season game. talk about overreacting by the so called critics, and one should probably understand a fanboys "sensitivness"

Old
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
It's quite ironic too when you think about how 95% of fans reacted when he was drafted.

But that's how it always was here. Say a positive thing about Halak and it was automatically considered you were a hater and flaming Price, which is the furthest thing from the truth.
Quoting myself, I meant to add that the same was sad about Price when Theodore was still here (and he was drafted). People would get so mad if you sad Theodore had a bad game.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
OpenIceHit

Gomez back next game as per RDS. In fact, they're saying he's been practicing with the regular line up, which I assume means he will play next game.

I hope he plays on the 4th line. Our gritty, big and tough 4th line...

Old
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Gomez back next game as per RDS. In fact, they're saying he's been practicing with the regular line up, which I assume means he will play next game.

If he replaces Eller or DD, I'm going to be pissed.

If he replaces Moen, I'm still not going to be happy, but I'll be a little less mad.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:

If he replaces Moen, I'm still not going to be happy, but I'll be a little less mad.
Unless he plays on the 4th line, it is so obvious that there is no room for him with this team. And he has only himself to blame.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

yessssssss Scott is back!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

tomorow will be an interesting game. hope eller shines tomorow

Old
01-09-2012, 12:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

I don't see how he could replace anyone but Darche or Noke. Sitting either of Eller or DD will shake the little faith I have in RC.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't see how he could replace anyone but Darche or Noke. Sitting either of Eller or DD will shake the little faith I have in RC.
It's against the rules of hockey that this team ever be completely healthy... someone may get the short end of the stick for a game or two if we're ever healthy, but I mean someones always going to be out of the lineup for some silly injury... if not, whoever plays best will get their ice time. Regardless of salary, position, experience, whatever...

And for what it's worth, Gomez isn't a fourth liner, he can be a decent contributor and probably will be if he's healthy and confident. Who knows, maybe he and Cunneyworth are bro's and it will bring out the best in Scotty G.

Old
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post

They're saying on twitter that'll he'll probably replace Pacs on the wing since he's sick with the flu right now.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
They're saying on twitter that'll he'll probably replace Pacs on the wing since he's sick with the flu right now.
I wouldn't mind seeing him centre the two powerforwards. All American line with lots of speed and some grit. But I mean, Desharnais hasn't done anything to not deserve playing there.. so Gomez would have to be pretty exceptional for Cunneyworth to do that.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
It's against the rules of hockey that this team ever be completely healthy... someone may get the short end of the stick for a game or two if we're ever healthy, but I mean someones always going to be out of the lineup for some silly injury... if not, whoever plays best will get their ice time. Regardless of salary, position, experience, whatever...

And for what it's worth, Gomez isn't a fourth liner, he can be a decent contributor and probably will be if he's healthy and confident. Who knows, maybe he and Cunneyworth are bro's and it will bring out the best in Scotty G.
Watching his career circle the toilet drain wasn't enough to "bring out his best" I doubt this will. At his best he is not a 4th liner, too bad we havn't seen anything close to his best in a long time.

He doesn't deserve to have anything handed to him, that was done enough already when he was given our best wingers and pulled them into a black hole all last season. Now that the team is winning and our young centres are progressing he definitly doesn't deserve to waltz onto the top six, it sends a bad message and sets a bad precedent for the youngsters. You earn your way up, history means nothing.

This is the biggest reason Martin deserved to be fired ASAP, he was totally biased and would rather lose with his friends than win with the goats.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing him centre the two powerforwards. All American line with lots of speed and some grit. But I mean, Desharnais hasn't done anything to not deserve playing there.. so Gomez would have to be pretty exceptional for Cunneyworth to do that.
We have 2 powerforwards ? Boy did the definition ever change from years ago. When I think powerforward I think Lindros, Neely, Bertuzzi (in his good days), etc. Pacs is just tall, doesn't hit much, doesn't fight....Cole scores and hits but doesn't fight. I never understood why these 2 are called powerforwards. I really like these 2 guys, so don't get me wrong. Just wondering why they are called PF's.

Old
01-09-2012, 01:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
We have 2 powerforwards ? Boy did the definition ever change from years ago. When I think powerforward I think Lindros, Neely, Bertuzzi (in his good days), etc. Pacs is just tall, doesn't hit much, doesn't fight....Cole scores and hits but doesn't fight. I never understood why these 2 are called powerforwards. I really like these 2 guys, so don't get me wrong. Just wondering why they are called PF's.
Fighting has nothing to do with being a power forward but I agree that Pacioretty isn't a powerforward.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
mrcontractor

So the protesters did get trolled...ok, which one of you was it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OMynKQL-7XM

Old
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Fighting has nothing to do with being a power forward but I agree that Pacioretty isn't a powerforward.
I guess you could say Pacioretty wanted to be a powerforward but the NHL told him he isn't allowed to hit anyone. Maybe I should reword, and say big forwards with speed, goal scoring prowess, and the ability to play physical when necessary.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
mrcontractor

Quote:
I guess you could say Pacioretty wanted to be a powerforward but the NHL told him he isn't allowed to hit anyone. Maybe I should reword, and say big forwards with speed, goal scoring prowess, and the ability to play physical when necessary.
Don't worry, you're not the only one to have called him a PF. I just think it doesn't apply.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
SeriousHabs

If Gomez replaces Eller I am buying a Lucic jersey.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
I think when he gets a bit older he will learn how to use his size more and drive the net and might become a powerforward. We need to keep him with Cole, he is unbelievably important to our forward group. Both Pacioretty and Eller need Cole as a mentor.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
If Gomez replaces Eller I am buying a Lucic jersey.
At least get Seguin...

Old
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
the nhl all star Scott Gomez is back
So shocked he isn't heading to the all star game

Old
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
the nhl all star Scott Gomez is back
So shocked he isn't heading to the all star game
Is he back? RC said after practice that he hasn't been cleared, and that Gomez doesn't feels 100%.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
you might think it's funny that people are sensitive when it comes to price, and that somwhow us fanboys are paranoid of any opposition, but lets remeber the guy got boo'ed in a pre season game. talk about overreacting by the so called critics, and one should probably understand a fanboys "sensitivness"

No, I didn't understand the boo'ing and I wont understand the fanboyism.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
So the protesters did get trolled...ok, which one of you was it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OMynKQL-7XM
hahaha. Thats awesome.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
habitue*

Gomez on the 4th, I hope.

Unless a miracle happen before tomorrow and he is dealt away or got the flu.

Closed Thread