HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#40|Jan. 8, 2012|Flyers at Senators |5:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
  #976
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
I want one of the Byzgalov defenders to explain to me his 4.36 GAA in the playoffs last year and his 3.44 the year before behind Phoenix's awesome defensive system.

Also insight on the reason as to why Phoenix let him walk so easily if he was the best thing to happen to them in ages?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
  #977
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
I want one of the Byzgalov defenders to explain to me his 4.36 GAA in the playoffs last year and his 3.44 the year before behind Phoenix's awesome defensive system.

Also insight on the reason as to why Phoenix let him walk so easily if he was the best thing to happen to them in ages?
They don't have an owner right now, tough to convince a player facing UFA that it's a good situation to be in when they can't even tell him what country he'll be playing in for the duration of the contract.

McNasty is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
  #978
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Flyers D made a lot of mistakes but not as much as Sens D. Sense D sucked ass but Anderson stole the game and I am not saying Bryzgalov did not make any difficult saves. He played well and certainly did make osme difficult stops. However, Anderson made a hell of a lot more.

Can we throw some money at Larry Robbinson type of assistant head coach? If he is not employed. Seems like our blue line playing a lot of up and down hockey. Even know on paper it should be a lot better with Timonen, Carle, Mesz and Coburn.

Kaktus* is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
  #979
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
The 4th one wasn't necessarily a bad goal, but it's the type of save Bryz is being paid to make. Karlsson made a pretty good play to look off Bryz, but to justify his cap hit those are the big saves (and he certainly made some) that the Flyers need from him.
completely agree. he did make several saves on turnovers, a breakaway, odd-man rushes .... the 4th one was the only one he didn't get

last year / earlier this year, he'd probably make that save, too. we are paying him for that, and need him to improve.

but anyone claiming 'Bryz is the problem' is not being objective IMHO

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 11:48 AM
  #980
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
I want one of the Byzgalov defenders to explain to me his 4.36 GAA in the playoffs last year and his 3.44 the year before behind Phoenix's awesome defensive system.
you mean 4 games vs DET and 7 games vs DET?

i'll explain: DET is a great team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Also insight on the reason as to why Phoenix let him walk so easily if he was the best thing to happen to them in ages?
their financial / organizational / ownership instability

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
  #981
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you mean 4 games vs DET and 7 games vs DET?

i'll explain: DET is a great team



their financial / organizational / ownership instability
Oh so he's allowed to have those numbers against the Rangers or Bruins (who is a much higher scoring team than the Red Wings last year) because they are great teams?

Typical lame excuses to defend this bum. Even Luongo only had a 2.56 last year in the playoffs.

Remember when Boucher and Bobrovsky completely crap the bed in the playoffs? Even their GAA were 3.13 and 3.23 respectively.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:21 PM
  #982
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
I want one of the Byzgalov defenders to explain to me his 4.36 GAA in the playoffs last year and his 3.44 the year before behind Phoenix's awesome defensive system.

Also insight on the reason as to why Phoenix let him walk so easily if he was the best thing to happen to them in ages?
Aside from GAA being a team stat?

I'd go with the fact that in those 11 playoff games he faced 395 shots, and had a .897 SV%.

In the previous 4 seasons he faced 7,701 shots and had a .918 SV%.

Protest is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:30 PM
  #983
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Aside from GAA being a team stat?

I'd go with the fact that in those 11 playoff games he faced 395 shots, and had a .897 SV%.

In the previous 4 seasons he faced 7,701 shots and had a .918 SV%.
Didn't we get him for the playoffs?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
  #984
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,446
vCash: 5872
People are so quick to point out Bryz's bad playoff numbers with the Coyotes, and ignore the larger sample size with the Ducks. If Bryz was having a good year, more people would be talking about his Ducks numbers than the Coyotes numbers, but because the Coyotes were more recent it's easier to complain about.

Why he left Phoenix is easy. He wanted a big contract with some security, and Phoenix didn't have either. When the Coyotes season was over, more people thought it was them moving to Winnipeg, and not Atlanta.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
  #985
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
People are so quick to point out Bryz's bad playoff numbers with the Coyotes, and ignore the larger sample size with the Ducks. If Bryz was having a good year, more people would be talking about his Ducks numbers than the Coyotes numbers, but because the Coyotes were more recent it's easier to complain about.

Why he left Phoenix is easy. He wanted a big contract with some security, and Phoenix didn't have either. When the Coyotes season was over, more people thought it was them moving to Winnipeg, and not Atlanta.
Except Bryz wasn't the number 1 goalie in Anaheim. why base him on stats years ago as the back up as to his stats recently as a starter?

By your logic Luongo or even brodeur is still the best goalie in the league

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:37 PM
  #986
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Didn't we get him for the playoffs?
then why are you so worked up, and calling him a bum ? it's not the playoffs, right ??



if you are only gonna select numbers that make your point, you sound biased. Bryz's playoff numbers are

GP:27 W:12 L:13 SO:3 SV%:917 GAA: 2.55

Lundqvist has 909 SV% and 2.60 GAA in the playoffs

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
  #987
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Didn't we get him for the playoffs?
No. We got him for the regular season and playoffs. But thank you for ignoring the point I was making about the sample size.

Here's a quick question for you. Which goalie would you prefer based on playoff stats alone:

Goalie A: 11 GP 3.77 GAA .897 SV%

Goalie B: 11 GP 1.46 GAA .944 SV%

If you said goalie A you picked Bryz.

If you said goalie B you picked Bryz.

Protest is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
  #988
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
You guys just seem to have stuck in your heads a mentality that goalies don't change at all when its in fact the most inconsistent position year to year in hockey.

Clearly haven't been following the league outside of this team either.

Brodeur? Luongo? Roloson? Mason? Price? Crawford? Fleury? Vokoun? Hiller? Ward?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
  #989
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
You guys just seem to have stuck in your heads a mentality that goalies don't change at all when its in fact the most inconsistent position year to year in hockey.Clearly haven't been following the league outside of this team either.

Brodeur? Luongo? Roloson? Mason? Price? Crawford? Fleury? Vokoun? Hiller? Ward?
And you expect consistency from the goalie on the new team with a different system and 1/2 of the season in?

CSKA1974 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
  #990
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
You guys just seem to have stuck in your heads a mentality that goalies don't change at all when its in fact the most inconsistent position year to year in hockey.

Clearly haven't been following the league outside of this team either.

Brodeur? Luongo? Roloson? Mason? Price? Crawford? Fleury? Vokoun? Hiller? Ward?
So then this couldn't just be a down year? No that's right, he's just a bum. That makes more sense.

You asked for someone to explain his past season's playoff performance, and myself and others provided you with rational arguments supported by statistical information, what else would you like?

Protest is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:54 PM
  #991
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
And you expect consistency from the goalie on the new team with a different system and 1/2 of the season in?
None of the goalies on new teams this year seem to have any problem adjusting yet (Mike Smith, GSG, Varlamov, Heck even Vokoun has been much better on the no defense caps)

Lol I give up. Its clear to me that you guys will always find some excuse to defend Ilya Bryzgalov.

First its the system and then its the coach. The same coach that won a cap with a terrible Carolina team that didnt make the playoffs the year before, the same coach that took us to the SCF, the same coach that currently has us sitting 4th in the dest despite icing 8 rookies a lot of which were late round picks with little to no upside or who went undrafted.

Its funny, because i know you guys know for a fact he has been bad and are just hoping that the gibberish your typing daily to defend him will some how hold truth in the future.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
  #992
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
None of the goalies on new teams this year seem to have any problem adjusting yet (Mike Smith, GSG, Varlamov, Heck even Vokoun has been much better on the no defense caps)

Lol I give up. Its clear to me that you guys will always find some excuse to defend Ilya Bryzgalov.

First its the system and then its the coach. The same coach that won a cap with a terrible Carolina team that didnt make the playoffs the year before, the same coach that took us to the SCF, the same coach that currently has us sitting 4th in the dest despite icing 8 rookies a lot of which were late round picks with little to no upside or who went undrafted.

Its funny, because i know you guys who for a fact he has been bad and are just hoping that the gibbersih your typing daily to defend him will some how hold truth in the future.
Lol I know using facts and logic and stuff. Hysterical.

Bryz has been bad this year, but he has not gotten much help. He needs to be better, but it is completely moronic to write off a player after a half season, especially when he has turned in a .920 Sv% 3 of the last 4 years.

Protest is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:02 PM
  #993
Left Circle OneTimer
Registered User
 
Left Circle OneTimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Lol I know using facts and logic and stuff. Hysterical.

Bryz has been bad this year, but he has not gotten much help. He needs to be better, but it is completely moronic to write off a player after a half season, especially when he has turned in a .920 Sv% 3 of the last 4 years.
Why hasn't bob been anywhere near as bad as him with the same amount of help or lack thereof? Is it because he played less games or there is some other "logical" explanation?

Left Circle OneTimer is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:03 PM
  #994
BWAVgal
Clever comment here
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 176
Quote:
Its funny, because i know you guys know for a fact he has been bad and are just hoping that the gibberish your typing daily to defend him will some how hold truth in the future.
I know for a fact that a lot of the goals that go in on Bryz, are off our own DAMN players. Prime example being Carle yesterday. Bryz was ready for the save on Spezza but Carle puts his stick out there and it's in our net. Are you the only not listening to Jim Jackson when he said how many goals were deflections off his own players this year for Bryz? Because I know I remember seeing a lot of them. And the defensive breakdowns by the forwards and defense (bad passing, lackadasical with the puck and many others) have lead to the puck in our net.

BWAVgal is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
  #995
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
@mattcarle25
Kinda feel like this guy this morning #toughnight #itsanewdaythough http://t.co/x7enCv4T


Haha

Flyersfan139 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
  #996
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Why hasn't bob been anywhere near as bad as him with the same amount of help or lack thereof? Is it because he played less games or there is some other "logical" explanation?
No, it's still the sample size. You can't take anything out of such a small amount of games because there are so many things that could skew the statistics. For 5 games Boosh was the greatest goalie ever.

Protest is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
  #997
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
@mattcarle25
Kinda feel like this guy this morning #toughnight #itsanewdaythough http://t.co/x7enCv4T


Haha
Haha

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:36 PM
  #998
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
even Vokoun has been much better on the no defense caps)
Vokoun: 16 9 0
Bryz 16 9 3

much better ?

i think that shows your bias right there

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
  #999
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,446
vCash: 5872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
None of the goalies on new teams this year seem to have any problem adjusting yet (Mike Smith, GSG, Varlamov, Heck even Vokoun has been much better on the no defense caps)

Lol I give up. Its clear to me that you guys will always find some excuse to defend Ilya Bryzgalov.

Its funny, because i know you guys know for a fact he has been bad and are just hoping that the gibberish your typing daily to defend him will some how hold truth in the future.
No one denies that he was not bad for the Coyotes. However, you either deny or are willingly ignorant to the fact he was good for the Ducks. You can't sit around on an internet message board spouting about how bad he was for the Coyotes and get all pissy when someone brings up he was better for another team where there is a larger sample size.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
  #1000
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,836
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
Vokoun: 16 9 0
Bryz 16 9 3

much better ?

i think that shows your bias right there
This year's Caps have really struggled a lot more than the Flyers have. Despite that, his stats (GAA and SV PCT) are still better than Bryz's and he's won the same amount of games...with 3 less losses. And a lot less support from his offense.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.