HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#40|Jan. 8, 2012|Flyers at Senators |5:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
drownedsailors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
@mattcarle25
Kinda feel like this guy this morning #toughnight #itsanewdaythough http://t.co/x7enCv4T

Haha
That just made my day

Old
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
This year's Caps have really struggled a lot more than the Flyers have. Despite that, his stats (GAA and SV PCT) are still better than Bryz's and he's won the same amount of games...with 3 less losses. And a lot less support from his offense.
and maybe the Caps were struggling because of Vokoun, letting the goals he did at inopportune times ..... unless you watch every game, you can't tell ....

Old
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
No one denies that he was not bad for the Coyotes. However, you either deny or are willingly ignorant to the fact he was good for the Ducks. You can't sit around on an internet message board spouting about how bad he was for the Coyotes and get all pissy when someone brings up he was better for another team where there is a larger sample size.
Bryzgalov played for the Ducks 5 years ago FIVE YEARS AGO

Five years ago Dan Ellis led the league in save %. Right now Dan Ellis 1-5 with the ducks with a .911 save% and a 2.72 gaa

Five years ago Martin Brodeur won the Vezina. Right now Martin Brodeur is 12-10-1 with a gaa of 2.91 and a save % of .894

Five years ago Jean-Sebastien-Giguere was a top 3 goalie in the league and coming of a year where he was the starting goaltender on a team that won the cup. Right now JSG is a backup goalie (who might i add is playing better than Bryzgalov too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
Vokoun: 16 9 0
Bryz 16 9 3

much better ?

i think that shows your bias right there
Sigh your obviously pulling my leg right now...

Quote:
and maybe the Caps were struggling because of Vokoun, letting the goals he did at inopportune times ..... unless you watch every game, you can't tell ....
The last 25 games the caps played:

They have scored 3 goals or less in 21 or 25, 2 goals or less in 13 of those 21 and one goal or less in 9 of that 21.

Last edited by Left Circle OneTimer: 01-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
I've seen a few. Vokoun isn't really their problem. Semin is a total nonfactor and Ovechkin hasn't done well. They're also missing Green for most of the season, who creates a LOT of their offense; he still isn't 100% up to speed. On top of that, they're trying to transition to a new system and their defensive play has looked "meh." Yet, despite that, Vokoun's numbers are better, and his team has been able to win games while scoring less goals because he isn't letting in 4 goals a game, unlike certain goalies name Bryzgalov.

01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer View Post
Bryzgalov played for the Ducks 5 years ago FIVE YEARS AGO

Five years ago Dan Ellis led the league in save %. Right now Dan Ellis 1-5 with the ducks with a .911 save% and a 2.72 gaa

Five years ago Martin Brodeur won the Vezina. Right now Martin Brodeur is 12-10-1 with a gaa of 2.91 and a save % of .894

Five years ago Jean-Sebastien-Giguere was a top 3 goalie in the league and coming of a year where he was the starting goaltender on a team that won the cup. Right now JSG is a backup goalie (who might i add is playing better than Bryzgalov too).

Sigh your obviously pulling my leg right now...
Dude calm down. Take a deep breath. He's 29 games into a long contract. Things can only get better.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Thread closed for hitting 1000 posts. Discussion continues here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...7#post42186707

Closed Thread