HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues @ Canadiens 7:30EST 1/10/12 RDS(HD), TSN-HABS(HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
We won the Halak trade.

Halak's stats we're sexed up by the JM system... Eller already looks real good right now. Plus who knows how much his offensive output will improve without the shackles on.
Really...remind me which one is still working in the NHL?

Old
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Toro

Hope Eller has a steller game, cause we need a W.

I like Halak and all too but i hope he has a bad game.

Old
01-09-2012, 09:48 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Yeah, I remember Rivet scoring on a breakaway

Edit: Here it is!

That was awesome. Brought back some nice memories (Samsonov aside). A PP that was actually dangerous. Guys who could snipe. A bullet shot at the point. Kovy. Higgins who didn't suck. Pleky with #35 (I much prefer 14).

Not so memorable: Abeschier (sp).

PS. I think Theo's backup was Budaj.

Old
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
la25ecoupe

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Old
01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Really...remind me which one is still working in the NHL?
Goalies under JM have had impressive stats in light of the rest of their careers. Rhodes, Tugnutt, Lalime, Vokoun... That's not why he's not working in the NHL anymore.

How do you explain Halak's drop in Save % in St-Louis? Did Halak regress since leaving Montreal?

Last edited by Erik Estrada: 01-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
I'd be down for Galchenyuk.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

As big of a fan of Carey Price as I am, I am very appreciative of Halak and everything he's done for us. The guy is a class act. I'm happy we kept Price, but I would've been happy with Halak too. I think both are great goalies. In my opinion, Price is slightly superior because his technique is flawless. But Jaro is an amazing guy and I hope he ends up leading his team to the highest honors (but not over us, of course!).

I don't get why people feel like because they are a fan of one, they have to bash the other. Both are great goalies. Why not just leave it at that? There was no room for the both of them on one team. A choice was made. We couldn't have gone wrong either way.

Old
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Goalies under JM have had impressive stats in light of the rest of their careers. Rhodes, Tugnutt, Lalime, Vokoun... That's not why he's not working in the NHL anymore.

How do you explain Halak's drop in Save % in St-Louis? Did Halak regress since leaving Montreal?
Maybe.

Old
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
As big of a fan of Carey Price as I am, I am very appreciative of Halak and everything he's done for us. The guy is a class act. I'm happy we kept Price, but I would've been happy with Halak too. I think both are great goalies. In my opinion, Price is slightly superior because his technique is flawless. But Jaro is an amazing guy and I hope he ends up leading his team to the highest honors (but not over us, of course!).

I don't get why people feel like because they are a fan of one, they have to bash the other. Both are great goalies. Why not just leave it at that? There was no room for the both of them on one team. A choice was made. We couldn't have gone wrong either way.
Because the guy we got in return for Halak turns out to be a bust.

Also, the ancient days of lore when we had 20 or so Price vs. Halak threads marked a grand time in HF board 16 history and some people still want to feel vindicated. I agree with you. Love them both, but love Carey more. He's our goalie. Where are all the Tbo fanboys these days?

Old
01-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bad start to the year. In his last nine starts he's 6-0-3 with a .940ish save percentage and a sub 1.60 GAA. Sounds like he's turning the corner. Maybe it's be because I'm a Halak fan, but those sound like ELITE numbers to me!

Old
01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

No players never have initial problems when they get traded, fitting in is usually instantaneous and learning a new teams system is a piece of cake. Oh wait Martins super powers werent there to help him right? I wonder why Price hasn't dipped in performance since he has left. Montreal is not know as a goalie factory or anything right? They surely don't have a history or letting the goalie carry the team allowing piles of shots a night.

You are right, he isn't working in the nhl anymore because the game completly passed him by, sitting back and praying your goalie saves your ass isn't really a system anymore :/

Old
01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:

One thing I know is that he has been 7-1 in his last 8 starts

Old
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
One thing I know is that he has been 7-1 in his last 8 starts
It'll be 7-2 in his last 9 tomorrow.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
habtastic

Given it's pretty much an NHL rule that we must be scored on by an ex-player, can we please cover Dago at all costs?

Really excited to see the flip side of this story, i.e. Eller playing on a huge stage. He's really the story of the moment for the Habs and couldn't be a more interesting opponent for him to have a huge game against (well..Boston/Toronto, but that's less personal). I know a lot of Blues fans were sad to see him go (as was the case with Halak). In this case, I think we came up on top since we have a capable "replacement" for Halak and a potential co number 1 center.

Hoping it's a wing night.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:51 AM

Hope we win 1-0 and Halak makes 50 saves.

Old
01-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Actually, Halak had a really bad start but he's been lights out since hitchcock took over (the whole team has been better since hitch took over). Both goalies are going well for stl right now, and I would be surprised to see montreal pull this one out.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

I think the better explaination is that goaltender performance in the NHL is incredibly volatile and thus its almost never a bad idea to sell high on one unless he's one of the rare consistently above average ones (which is about as good as you can get sans a generational goaltender like Roy or Hasek).

Old
01-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Jimmym007

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
That list is way off. Subban, Reinhart and Frk will come out sooner, while Dumba (actually I can see the oilers take him earlier to reunite the two ex-Red Deer teamates) and Ebert will most likely go later (Ebert out of the first round unless a team wants to take a gamble, but I doubt it) Putting Koekkoek before Reinhart is such a joke.

Old
01-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Just win.

A 3 pont game would be acceptable, as the Blues belong to the West.

Old
01-10-2012, 05:32 AM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Halak is prone to getting extremely good if he faces a lot of shots. Habs should shoot for rebounds at first and keep him cold.

Thankfully our new breakout isn't designed to make every single goalie feel like superman. God damn I hated Jacques Martin.

Old
01-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
**** Halak. Hope he gets lit up like Theo did when he came back.
Amen! Polite applause at the start of the game - to acknowledge his time here.

After that it's open season on him!

Old
01-10-2012, 08:10 AM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Amen! Polite applause at the start of the game - to acknowledge his time here.

After that it's open season on him!
Actually, I think if Price lets in stinkers and we're losing, people might chant Halak's name...it is MTL afterall. Halak will get a good applause tonight, count on it.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Nedved

I just hope we can compete with the blues; they're a much stronger team. I believe the habs can win, although, I have this feeling will lose 2-1, or 2-0, and the attiture around here will be the only reason we didn't lose by more is because of price's "stellar" play.

that being said, habs win, 4-2.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
govw

Blues guy checking in.

Contrary to what some of you guy think, as a Blues fan I don't want to come into Montreal to to have a big "we won on the trade" battle. The Eller/Halak trade was good for all of us. I still keep an eye on Eller's stats and I'm glad he's doing well. I sorta' feel like he's our "little junior" who's gone out into the world to make his mark and I think some of you feel that way about Jaro as well.....and that's ok. It's a sign of a good hockey fan.

Getting Halak was timely for us as we needed a guy like him and as he battles with Elliot, we're seeing what he's capable of doing in the net. Likewise, I knew Eller would develop into an offensive star.

We reserve the "hate the other team because we kicked your butt in the trade" stuff for teams like Colorado (Stewart and Shattenkirk for Johnson and that other guy).

It should be a fun game tonight.

Go Blues!

Old
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
I'm going to the game. Go Habs.

Closed Thread