HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #3 TIE-BREAKER

View Poll Results: Who is the #3 Rangers prospect?
C J.T. Miller 67 51.15%
LW Carl Hagelin 64 48.85%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,186
vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll: #3 TIE-BREAKER

This round was very close, too close to call. So very early in our polling, we are going to have a tie-breaker.

J.T. Miller
Center
Born Mar 14 1993 -- East Palestine, OH
Height 6.02 -- Weight 195 -- Shoots L

2011-12 Plymouth Whalers OHL 33 13 26 39

"There was no one (on the board) that had all the qualities that JT had. There could be someone who will score more goals, there could be somebody that's going to be a faster skater, but if you want to put size with skating with character with grit with work ethic with playmaking ability and scoring ability, no one had all those qualities in their game. He had them all."
- Gordie Clark



Carl Hagelin
Left Wing
Born Aug 23 1988 -- Sodertalje, Sweden
Height 5.11 -- Weight 176 -- Shoots L

2011-12 New York Rangers NHL 21 7 4 11

"He has done so much because of his speed, and he has made himself better each year by preparing in the off-season and getting as strong as he can for his size. He's also an elite character kid because you don't usually see a Swedish kid that's the captain of a U.S. college team."
- Gordie Clark in 2011

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
  #2
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,216
vCash: 500
Wow this is tough but I put Hagelin. Not only cause he's at the NHL right now but because what he brings is vital. Awesome PKer

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
  #3
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,297
vCash: 500
Went with hags again.

I think both guys end up as excellent 3rd liners, who will spend time on higher lines, but not have the consistency to stick there, your classic 'tweener'.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:23 PM
  #4
Faxius
Registered User
 
Faxius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 539
vCash: 2249
Picked Miller because of his potential.

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
  #5
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,941
vCash: 12500
Miller. He's gonna be a beast

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
  #6
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,547
vCash: 2960
Miller but I can't vote. So if it comes down to one vote, hopefully you include my vote.

__________________
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
  #7
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,912
vCash: 500
Awards:
Hagaelin is the safe pick in that he's already in the league, but Miller has the upside. I'll take Miller.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
  #8
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hagaelin is the safe pick in that he's already in the league, but Miller has the upside. I'll take Miller.
Pretty much what it comes down to...imo

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #9
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
I have always voted on these based on potential. Miller, IMO, has the higher ceiling than Hagelin right now.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
  #10
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
This is so preliminary, and only based on me seeing him in Traverse City, but JT seemed to be very offensive on the puck, and immediately looking to make a play to a player that was going on net.

He reminds me of Tavares sometimes. No frills to his game, and the whole concept is either take a scoring chance or get the puck to someone that's looking to get the puck on net. I remember wondering about his d-zone play though.

I voted for hagelin though, because his speed is so important in today's NHL, and the fact that he has a shooter mentality. when he makes a move with the puck you can tell his first thought is always to get the puck on net.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  #11
NYRSchrute217
Registered User
 
NYRSchrute217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,495
vCash: 500
Hagelin

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
  #12
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hagaelin is the safe pick in that he's already in the league, but Miller has the upside. I'll take Miller.
Same way I see it.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
  #13
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,880
vCash: 50
Thetis breaker is tied right now

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
  #14
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Thetis breaker is tied right now
I broke it

Was tough though. Went with Miller because of potential. Hagelin is superb right now though.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 11:27 PM
  #15
TrollololBoyle
Registered User
 
TrollololBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Has to be Miller. Hagelin is nice, but Miller is more valuable.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:33 AM
  #16
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,381
vCash: 500
As much as I LOVE Hagelin, Miller's ceiling is just much, much higher.

Wraparounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
  #17
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,183
vCash: 873
Miller again.

but close

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:50 AM
  #18
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,042
vCash: 500
Miller. Hagelin is the more developed and further-advanced prospect, but, Miller will be the better player.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:18 AM
  #19
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,390
vCash: 500
If someone were to ask me--Would I trade J. T. Miller for Carl Hagelin?--I'd say no and conversely would I trade Carl Hagelin for J. T. Miller--I'd say yes.

Keeping in mind that this would not be a trade for the here and now because Hagelin is showing he is ready and is going to be a really fine player but Miller should in my mind be the better player in the not too distant future.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:22 AM
  #20
Fireonk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
I always treat these things as I am starting an expansion team and deciding who I would take first.

That being said, Miller.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
  #21
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,915
vCash: 500
ill take hagelin. i know im in the minority, but i wasnt happy AT ALL with Millers WJC play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
  #22
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,802
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hagaelin is the safe pick in that he's already in the league, but Miller has the upside. I'll take Miller.
When you say Miller has the upside... What upside are we talking here?

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
  #23
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
If someone were to ask me--Would I trade J. T. Miller for Carl Hagelin?--I'd say no and conversely would I trade Carl Hagelin for J. T. Miller--I'd say yes.

Keeping in mind that this would not be a trade for the here and now because Hagelin is showing he is ready and is going to be a really fine player but Miller should in my mind be the better player in the not too distant future.
I agree with this.

Man, this is some tight voting.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
  #24
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
When you say Miller has the upside... What upside are we talking here?
Second line center with strong defensive play...perhaps Ryan Kesler light?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
  #25
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Miller; solid, solid player with skill and an edge. Plus he still has room to grow and become a power forward which we need desparately. Think Adam Graves with better puck skills.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.