HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames and Pens talking Blockbuster

Old
01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnEmUp View Post
Add Kennedy and your 2012 2nd to Niskanen and Tangradi and I would trade you Jokinen and Bourque.

Tangradi
Kennedy
Niskanen
2012 2nd

for

Jokinen
Bourque
As a Pens fan, I was good until Niskanen was in the mix. I'd rather the Pens move Martin and replace him with Niskanen who's younger and cheaper.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:00 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Crosby or Malkin for Iginla.

Staal not enough of a return for rebuilding flames.
Flames don't have the assets for Sid or Malkin. Iginla is going to net a top tier prospect, 1st, roster player and another lesser pick/prospect.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Bishop7979

Staal for Iggy is one of the dumbest, oft repeated trade proposals currently on this board.

The pens are not giving up a 23 year old, 4 million dollar center who was on pace for 30 goals for a 34 year old 7.5(?) million dollar winger on pace for 30/30 and then add a blue chip prospect on top of it.

-The pens, if healthy, would lose out on resigning Neal (a better, more valuable player than the current incarnation of Iggy) next year with iggys contract on the books.

-With Sid as a question mark, the pens are not trading Staal, period.

-The pens, are horrifically banged up right now, barely holding onto 8th place, iggy will not make the current pens a cup contender, so it makes no sense to dump a 23 year old center and a 20 year old future top flight defender only to stumble into the playoffs and probably bow out in the first round.

To those who think that Iggy is worth Staal a top prospect and more are grossly overvaluing Iggy

Last edited by Bishop7979: 01-09-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Bishop7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop7979 View Post
Staal for Iggy is one of the dumbest, oft repeated trade proposals currently on this board.

The pens are not giving up a 23 year old, 4 million dollar center who was on pace for 30 goals for a 34 year old 7.5(?) million dollar winger on pace for 30/30 and then add a blue chip prospect on top of it.

-The pens, if healthy, would lose out on resigning Neal (a better, more valuable player than the current incarnation of Iggy) next year with iggys contract on the books.

-With Sid as a question mark, the pens are not trading Staal, period.

-The pens, are horrifically banged up right now, barely holding onto 8th place, iggy will not make the current pens a cup contender, so it makes no sense to dump a 23 year old center and a 20 year old future top flight defender only to stumble into the playoffs and probably bow out in the first round.

To those who think that Iggy is worth Staal a top prospect and more are grossly overvaluing Iggy
I agree. I don't think there's any chance Calgary gets a young established player the caliber of Staal for a Iginla. They may get a prospect that grows into that kind of player, but not one that's already established and part of a team's core.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:10 AM
BrookswasHere44

Why the heck would we want Jokinen?

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:24 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
Iginla was a blue chip prospect when he was traded for Nieuwendyk.

If this rumour has legs, I would see a Despres + mid-level prospect for Iginla making sense for both teams. Despres has excellent potential and has progressed well since being drafted.

That being said, I could see Pittsburgh being hesitant to trade Despres but Calgary surely won't settle for anything less or a ''quantity'' package of lesser prospects/warm bodies/picks.

It dosen't make sense for Pittsburgh to trade Staal for Iginla, Pens wouldn't be able to match up well againts deep line-ups like Boston and Philadelphia who can role at least 3 lines againts any team in the league. Pens need Staal even with Crosby in the line-up.
This is most likely just a rumour, but yes, no way Pittsburgh trades Staal for the 34 year old Iginla unless Calgary adds.

Maybe something like Iginla and Stajan for Despres and Kennedy.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Jahodac

I like Iginla and he fits the needs of the Pittsburgh organization very well, right handed shot, right wing. That said, I doubt the Penguins will give up a lot for a 34/35 year old player, especially with how Shero is with 35+ contracts and unfortunately the Penguins will have to overpay for him.

I could see the Penguins being interested in Bourque though.

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
barneyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
This is most likely just a rumour, but yes, no way Pittsburgh trades Staal for the 34 year old Iginla unless Calgary adds.

Maybe something like Iginla and Stajan for Despres and Kennedy.
Salary cap?

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahodac View Post
I like Iginla and he fits the needs of the Pittsburgh organization very well, right handed shot, right wing. That said, I doubt the Penguins will give up a lot for a 34/35 year old player, especially with how Shero is with 35+ contracts and unfortunately the Penguins will have to overpay for him.

I could see the Penguins being interested in Bourque though.
Unless there's salary going the other way or we're depending on the cap going up it would make it hard to resign Neal and fill out the roster around them.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:02 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Could this mean "Could Iginla be heading to Pitt?"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...buster/1/41119
I'm sure someone else has already said this, but what the heck.

Could this mean Eklund is trying to drive people to his website?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Northern Heat

This is a pretty far-fetched thread.

CGY isn't trading Iginla IMO. Pens won't want to part with one of their centerpieces, Pens would also be in Cap Hell if this were to go ahead.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Ignoring all of the logistics behind how it would happen, imagine a Crosby-Iginla duo. That would be an incredible site to see.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:38 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Ignoring all of the logistics behind how it would happen, imagine a Crosby-Iginla duo. That would be an incredible site to see.
Yeah they sure dominated the Olympics.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
And there's no way the Flames simply dump Iginla for futures.

Think at least one legit real NHL player with some decent upside. Staal fits the bill.
There is zero chance Iginla gets the Flames Staal. NONE.
And especially none with the Pens having the Crosby issue as it is.

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Petes2424

This thread takes two teams that have absolutely NO trading option between them. The Pens cannot add Iginla without a significant contract going the other way. A contract that would really tie their hands for next year no matter what. The Pens arent moving Staal. The Pens dont have the prospects to land Iginla AND even if you argue they did, what would be left in the organization?

Shero doesnt take chances like this.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Flat Stanley

Why do Flames fans expect Ray Shero, of all GM's to overpay for players they don't want?

Rene Bourque and Olli Jokinen for Niskanen, Kennedy, Tangradi and our 2012 2nd?!

Iginla for Staal, Despres+?!

Put yourself in Ray Shero's shoes, would you give all that for 3 players who are 30+ years old? I don't think so.

Jordan Staal (23)
Tyler Kennedy (25)
Matt Niskanen (25)
Eric Tangradi (22)
Simon Despres (20)
2012 2nd (17, 18)
+

for

Jarome Iginla (34)
Olli Jokinen (33)
Rene Bourque (30)

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Sammy*

And btw, why does anyone think Jokinen holds anything but very minimal value. The only guy who I thought did was the clown who signed him to his stupid contract

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Northern Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alybaba View Post
And btw, why does anyone think Jokinen holds anything but very minimal value. The only guy who I thought did was the clown who signed him to his stupid contract
Jokinen won't fetch much. I've cursed his name for a long time, however this year he is doing much better on a poor squad.

Still he will never be a big name involved in a big trade.

Northern Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alybaba View Post
Not saying he'll work for the Pens, but he'll get a low 1st or a 2nd if the Flames deal him at the deadline.

He's put up decent points on one of the worst scoring teams in the league while playing an excellent two-way game.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote