HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5th round: Maxim Trunev (picked by Portland Winterhawks in CHL draft)

Old
01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Felix Perreault

vCash: 500
Any chances that he come in NA later like Emelin did, or he didn't want and it's over ?

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
Any chances that he come in NA later like Emelin did, or he didn't want and it's over ?
I don't think we could do the same thing, simply because if he isn't signed by June 1st he goes back in the draft I think.

I would try and sign him and give him a couple years in Hmailton if he was willing though. His KHL numbers are getting better...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
As sad as it is, it wouldn't surprise me if he never comes over just have that feeling

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:04 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Resurrect the dead much?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think we could do the same thing, simply because if he isn't signed by June 1st he goes back in the draft I think.

I would try and sign him and give him a couple years in Hmailton if he was willing though. His KHL numbers are getting better...
If I'm not mistaken, there's no transfer agreement between Russia and the NHL. We hold Russian rights until they're 27 I think.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
If I'm not mistaken, there's no transfer agreement between Russia and the NHL. We hold Russian rights until they're 27 I think.
has nothing to do with the transfer agreement, I think in the new CBA, drafted players even in Europe had to be signed within 2 years. I think the older picks they had extended them. I know we can't keep him indefinitely. Last year we lost Torp because it was 2 years.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Since his contract with Severstal ends this season, I guess we'll see what happens. I'd be surprised if he came over but I haven't heard anything.

Quote:
I don't think we could do the same thing, simply because if he isn't signed by June 1st he goes back in the draft I think...
The June 1st deadline doesn't inclued Russians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Correct

Quote:
has nothing to do with the transfer agreement, I think in the new CBA, drafted players even in Europe had to be signed within 2 years. I think the older picks they had extended them. I know we can't keep him indefinitely. Last year we lost Torp because it was 2 years.
It does have to do with the transfer agreement. The reason we lost Torp was because Sweden is part of the PTA with the IIHF, as is Finland among others. So those players have to be signed before June 1st, 2 years after being drafted, but Russians you hold their rights until they become UFA age.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:48 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Torp is Swedish, not Russian. KHL and NHL are the only ones who don't have an agreement in place regardless draft status. Chicago signed Igor Makarov four years after he was drafted. Same goes for the Bruins and Alexandrov. Pretty sure you can hang on to Russian player rights as long as you want.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Before the recent CBA(or changes to the draft), teams kept the rights of all Euros for longer than two years. I have no examples off the top of my head but I can recall some being signed more than 2 years after being drafted(non Russian).

Edit. I know it's an old example, will try to find new ones, Zetterberg was drafted in 1999 and signed by Detroit in 2002. Kronwall was drafted in 2000 and just signed in 2003. ericsson was a 2002 pick signed in 2006.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If only Portland hadn't picked him.. he'd already have been over..

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quite a pure talent. Reminded me of Josef Balej. But to me, there's just WAY too many things to work on aside from his dispy-doodling moves, that he's not going to be a NHL'er. Not a bad pick in itself, you do with the really talented guy and hope he improves all the other areas. I know that with what was left, I would not have minded Julien Cayer, Mark Barberio or David Wohlberg (all 3 based on being bias for different reasons "Quebecer" "Q product" "Future Wolverine"). Barberio would have been a great pick.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If only Portland hadn't picked him.. he'd already have been over..
If that had happened though then I wouldn't of been able to watch Emelin competely destroy him with a hit just behind the net as Trunev tried going wide on him and got knocked into next week. To his credit though he got right back up. I haven't seen him this year but I am not sure if his game would translate well over here, granted it's hard to say how someone will adjust to the smaller ice as I would have thought that Avtsin would be doing much better over here after watching him in the MHL and KHL.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Another euro ice-soccer player. We don't need of them anymore.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote