HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tom Gilbert Sidelined For One Month

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
  #1
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Tom Gilbert Sidelined For One Month

From Oilers Twitter

Quote:
#Oilers GM Steve Tambellini confirms on @OilersNow with @Bob_Stauffer that defenceman Tom Gilbert (ankle) will be sidelined for one month

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
  #2
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??
 
Ol' Jase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,681
vCash: 500
Incoming snide comments on the Potter signing in 3...2...

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
  #3
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Classic Oilers. Tom could be back next game...to Holly **** Tom you're missing your ******* foot how the hell did you expect to play next game.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
  #4
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
I'm not even mad.



Tambo: So how long is player X injured?

Dr's: Oh could be out a couple weeks.

Tambo: Could you make it longer, like multiply it by 3 or something? Anybody got a mallet? We got our serious fail for Nail going on and want to give our complete AHL lineup some loving..work with us on this.

rinse lather repeat

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
  #5
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 885
why snide?
It was perfect timing by Tambo. Locked him up when he knew this kid will be playing 22+minutes on consistent basis for the next few weeks. A good (productive) strech for Potter couldve made him a $2M player by the end of the season.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
  #6
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor
 
okgooil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 11,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm not even mad.



Tambo: So how long is player X injured?

Dr's: Oh could be out a couple weeks.

Tambo: Could you make it longer, like multiply it by 3 or something? Anybody got a mallet? We got our serious fail for Nail going on and want to give our complete AHL lineup some loving..work with us on this.

rinse lather repeat
and so true.

okgooil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
  #7
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Classic Oilers. Tom could be back next game...to Holly **** Tom you're missing your ******* foot how the hell did you expect to play next game.


The Oilers can't win. In the Eberle thread it is "what only 2 to 3 weeks, hope he isn't coming back to soon"

In this thread "it's one month, stupid Oilers I thought they said it going to be next game"

This board is getting funny to read again.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
  #8
Fuhryous
Registered User
 
Fuhryous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Medicine Hat, AB
Country: Hungary
Posts: 865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I'm not even mad.



Tambo: So how long is player X injured?

Dr's: Oh could be out a couple weeks.

Tambo: Could you make it longer, like multiply it by 3 or something? Anybody got a mallet? We got our serious fail for Nail going on and want to give our complete AHL lineup some loving..work with us on this.

rinse lather repeat

We could always hire Annie Wilkes...

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
  #9
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post


The Oilers can't win. In the Eberle thread it is "what only 2 to 3 weeks, hope he isn't coming back to soon"

In this thread "it's one month, stupid Oilers I thought they said it going to be next game"

This board is getting funny to read again.
Again, different comments by different people. Go figure you'e going to get different opinions.

The point I'm alluding to is that after the game they made is sound like Giblerts injury wasn't nearly as serious RNH's. Now Gilbert is going to be out longer than RNH.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
  #10
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post


The Oilers can't win. In the Eberle thread it is "what only 2 to 3 weeks, hope he isn't coming back to soon"

In this thread "it's one month, stupid Oilers I thought they said it going to be next game"

This board is getting funny to read again.
The board is obviously getting out of hand but i can understand the beef in this particular situation. I forgot who said it last week but the talk was about Gilbert coming back in one of the games last week and now he's out a month? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, we have seen this movie way too many times over the past couple of seasons.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
  #11
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,752
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The board is obviously getting out of hand but i can understand the beef in this particular situation. I forgot who said it last week but the talk was about Gilbert coming back in one of the games last week and now he's out a month? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, we have seen this movie way too many times over the past couple of seasons.
Before we take what the team says to the bank the day of an injury it might be time to start waiting til guys actually see a doctor. Even Renney today what did he say "I didn't see the MRI, but it doesn't sound bad".

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
  #12
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
The FACT of the matter is that initially it didnt look that bad and just a bit of a knee issue. But his ankle has become the issue.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
  #13
subnet
HFBoards Sponsor
 
subnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: PacNW
Country: Canada
Posts: 741
vCash: 144
so anyone know when that d-bad Carcillo will be back from his suspension?

subnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
  #14
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Before we take what the team says to the bank the day of an injury it might be time to start waiting til guys actually see a doctor. Even Renney today what did he say "I didn't see the MRI, but it doesn't sound bad".
In fairness Renney has seen such a revolving door of injuries he's probably desensitized.

"Oh don't worry Tom, your foots pointing the wrong way and everything but at least you're still standing, you know what day it is, and we can get some special skates from Mexico and you'll be good to go in no time."



Picture told more than a thousand words. This looked bad from the start.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
  #15
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The board is obviously getting out of hand but i can understand the beef in this particular situation. I forgot who said it last week but the talk was about Gilbert coming back in one of the games last week and now he's out a month? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, we have seen this movie way too many times over the past couple of seasons.
It was my understanding that his knee was fine but his ankle was worst than they thought. But with the lack of info we get from all NHL teams it is really impossible to know and to expect that we are getting accurate info. I think it is time for us to realize that. Misinformation is the new world order in the NHL.

In reality if he came back after one game, posters would be saying he isn't 100% and should not be coming back.

It is the same with each and every injury that is talked about on this board and yes I find it humorous.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
  #16
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,752
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
In fairness Renney has seen such a revolving door of injuries he's probably desensitized.

"Oh don't worry Tom, your foots pointing the wrong way and everything but at least you're still standing, you know what day it is, and we can get some special skates from Mexico and you'll be good to go in no time."



Picture told more than a thousand words. This looked bad from the start.
I was quite guilty in taking Tom's take on this one, but at the same time this whole well the doctors say it's 2 weeks that means we are rushing the player is bullspit. Or the that didn't look good the guy is done for the year.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
  #17
The Bored Man
#94
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,380
vCash: 537

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:05 PM
  #18
waffen
Registered User
 
waffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: wind river valley
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
We could always hire Annie Wilkes...

Oh..!! for the love of sweet Jeezus/Tebow in heaven...!!

that hurt my marble-sack..!!!!

waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  #19
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,174
vCash: 500
I think every player should their own orange-prefixed injury thread made up for them, and we can just update it as the season goes down the poobowl.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
  #20
waffen
Registered User
 
waffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: wind river valley
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
when stuff goes bad.. ya just gotta figure out a solution with the tools and things that you can control..

let`s use this guy as an example..


waffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
  #21
Giant Moo
Registered User
 
Giant Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermullet View Post
I think every player should their own orange-prefixed injury thread made up for them, and we can just update it as the season goes down the poobowl.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
  #22
phaedrusDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 100
just a reminder:



i still think the guy got lucky. could have been a lot worse.

too bad they didn't know the extent of the injury before the suspension to Carcillo. maybe he would have gotten more games.

phaedrusDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 06:09 PM
  #23
Gus Schmidt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrusDH View Post
just a reminder:



i still think the guy got lucky. could have been a lot worse.

too bad they didn't know the extent of the injury before the suspension to Carcillo. maybe he would have gotten more games.
I cringe whenever I look at his ankle. I assume that the concussion was not serious.

Gus Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
  #24
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,913
vCash: 500
So....people get mad when they say the Oilers don't give them info on injuries.....and then, when they finally do come out and hazard a guess on one of them (gee, like that's never happened in pro sports before) before the docs have given their final analysis, they apparently should have kept their mouths shut until then........unbelievable.........they just can't keep some folks happy, no matter what.........

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
  #25
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,224
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
So....people get mad when they say the Oilers don't give them info on injuries.....and then, when they finally do come out and hazard a guess on one of them (gee, like that's never happened in pro sports before) before the docs have given their final analysis, they apparently should have kept their mouths shut until then........unbelievable.........they just can't keep some folks happy, no matter what.........
It'll forever remain a mystery why some people can't take responsibility for the things other people say.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.