we've got about 2 weeks left until all-star weekend, and i have a proposal for my fellow-ottawans, sens fans or not:
lets make sure everyone knows this is hockey country.
When i drive around ottawa in a couple of weeks, i want to see everyone wearing hockey jerseys. I want to see sens, 67's, and picques colors everywhere. Leafs and Habs fans, wear your colors too. Kids, let's see your team colors on display.
1. Time to put the car flags up. Get some decals/signs in your windows as well.
2. Banners and signs outside your home and workplace/school.
3. Wear anything and everything hockey related around town.
4 Convince your school/workplace to have a hockey dress down day on thursday, the 26th.
5. Thursday jan 26th and friday jan 27th are party nights. Lets all go downtown, have some fun at the fan-fair, crowd the market bars, pubs, and clubs. No excuses government workers, ottawa will not be asleep at 10 that week.
6. SPREAD the word to non-hockey fans. Make sure everyone you know in the valley participates.
The hockey world is coming to ottawa this month, let's make sure they know that they're in hockey country.