HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #41: St Louis Blues vs Colorado Avalanche

Old
01-08-2012, 02:03 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
So I was looking at the Blues schedule, particularly the road schedule because St. Louis doesn't have a very good road record, and I noticed that before Hitch the Blues went 3-6 and since Hitch the Blues are 4-3-3 so it's not as bad as I thought. I don't know if anyone else was worried at all about all their road games at the end of the year but this made me feel a little better about the Blues as a whole. Just thought I'd add a little more optimism..

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
So I was looking at the Blues schedule, particularly the road schedule because St. Louis doesn't have a very good road record, and I noticed that before Hitch the Blues went 3-6 and since Hitch the Blues are 4-3-3 so it's not as bad as I thought. I don't know if anyone else was worried at all about all their road games at the end of the year but this made me feel a little better about the Blues as a whole. Just thought I'd add a little more optimism..
If they play on the road, the way they played tonight, they'll be fine.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:24 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
The Avs GDT is an epic storm of douchebaggery with a very light smattering of decent comments. Highly recommended schadenfreude read.
Indeed. One guy is soooooo mad that he's trying to bring up the Cup argument.

And, wait for it, he is even bragging that we'll be 4th after tomorrow. Yeah, take that. Much worse than Colorado's 10th seed.

He really told us.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
For some odd reason, I like the Av's. They are on the right track for their rebuild. They have some solid pieces in place. Probably 2 years behind us.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:02 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
For some odd reason, I like the Av's. They are on the right track for their rebuild. They have some solid pieces in place. Probably 2 years behind us.
I do too, they have some nice players, and I still like their unis. Always have.

I think our disagreements on the trade and whatnot sometimes get in the way and has started a bit of a "fan rivalry" between us which can get annoying, but their team is alright. We are better, but they play hard. Tonight they were just off. It happens.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:17 AM
sh724

I know this isnt really my place to say but Im going to say it anyway since it makes me and the vast majority of Blues fans on here look bad.

Its one thing to go read other teams GDTs but that is for there fans to write what they think about the game and their opponent. There is no need for Blues fans (or any other teams fans) to go into some one else's GDT and starting crap with them. Im sure there are plenty of people who would find issue with things in our GDTs but they dont come here and start crap with us about them. There is a reason why each team has their own board and GDT and that reason is for them to discuss their team with each other in a place where they dont have to worry about other teams fans. For example if Colorado fans want to write on their board they would rather have EJ than Shatty and or Stewert than that is their opinion they are not forcing it on you there is no reason to go tell them they are wrong. You would not like it if other teams fans came into our GDTs and started crap with us every game so we should not do it to other teams. If you want to brag just to be bragging then do it here with other Blues fans and if you want to brag in a way that will start crap with other fan bases then do it in the Blues thread on the main board.

Im not just talking about tonight or any specific posters bc I read the other teams GDT after pretty much every game bc I like to get other peoples perspective on things and see how they differ from what I think, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. But there is a line between reading a GDT and writing in a GDT and that line should not be crossed unless you are carrying a white flag. The ONLY times it is acceptable to write in another teams GDT is if you are asking about an injury that occured during the game like EJ tonight, or wishing them good luck before the game starts, or complimeting them on something that happend during the game. Im sure I am forgetting some but those are basically the only reason any one from any fan base should write in another teams GDT.

And once again I am not talking about any specific poster or game but it happens alot more than it should.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:20 AM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Indeed. One guy is soooooo mad that he's trying to bring up the Cup argument.

And, wait for it, he is even bragging that we'll be 4th after tomorrow. Yeah, take that. Much worse than Colorado's 10th seed.

He really told us.
Not mad at all. Don't come in our GDT and brag about a victory after you've lost 9 of the past 11 (I know it wasn't you that did the bragging) to us. There have been lots of civil discussions on our forum with Mike Liut and FilthyNote, but whoever this guy was (comments got deleted) took it too far.

EDIT: damn, got beat by the guy above me haha.

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Really nothing wrong with a little bit of discussion between fans, if I see someone is being a total arse and making asinine comments, I might say something, depending on my mood.

It's one thing if someone voices an opinion, leave that stuff alone. But I think it's only fair, on a discussion board where all forums are open to all fans, if you are going to hate on the other team in your GDT, you should expect people to have a backbone.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:39 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Nobody should go in another team's GDT to post anything but polite commentary. Sometimes they're fun to read. First few pages of that thread are great. Lots of arrogance, sarcasm and overconfidence.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:53 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorton724 View Post
I know this isnt really my place to say but Im going to say it anyway since it makes me and the vast majority of Blues fans on here look bad.

Its one thing to go read other teams GDTs but that is for there fans to write what they think about the game and their opponent. There is no need for Blues fans (or any other teams fans) to go into some one else's GDT and starting crap with them. Im sure there are plenty of people who would find issue with things in our GDTs but they dont come here and start crap with us about them. There is a reason why each team has their own board and GDT and that reason is for them to discuss their team with each other in a place where they dont have to worry about other teams fans. For example if Colorado fans want to write on their board they would rather have EJ than Shatty and or Stewert than that is their opinion they are not forcing it on you there is no reason to go tell them they are wrong. You would not like it if other teams fans came into our GDTs and started crap with us every game so we should not do it to other teams. If you want to brag just to be bragging then do it here with other Blues fans and if you want to brag in a way that will start crap with other fan bases then do it in the Blues thread on the main board.

Im not just talking about tonight or any specific posters bc I read the other teams GDT after pretty much every game bc I like to get other peoples perspective on things and see how they differ from what I think, and there is nothing wrong with doing that. But there is a line between reading a GDT and writing in a GDT and that line should not be crossed unless you are carrying a white flag. The ONLY times it is acceptable to write in another teams GDT is if you are asking about an injury that occured during the game like EJ tonight, or wishing them good luck before the game starts, or complimeting them on something that happend during the game. Im sure I am forgetting some but those are basically the only reason any one from any fan base should write in another teams GDT.

And once again I am not talking about any specific poster or game but it happens alot more than it should.
I agree 100% with everything you said. There has been a lot of times when I've disagreed with something other teams have said in there GDT and I've just thought to myself 'this isn't the place to speak my mind' and I just let it go.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Not mad at all. Don't come in our GDT and brag about a victory after you've lost 9 of the past 11 (I know it wasn't you that did the bragging) to us. There have been lots of civil discussions on our forum with Mike Liut and FilthyNote, but whoever this guy was (comments got deleted) took it too far.

EDIT: damn, got beat by the guy above me haha.
I hear you, and I actually agree. Our fans definitely aren't innocent.

Blues fans, really, stop going into the Avs forum and posting. Even if you read something you don't agree with, bite your lip and keep your thoughts to yourself.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:33 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I do too, they have some nice players, and I still like their unis. Always have.

I think our disagreements on the trade and whatnot sometimes get in the way and has started a bit of a "fan rivalry" between us which can get annoying, but their team is alright. We are better, but they play hard. Tonight they were just off. It happens.
I'm just stupefied that people can't make the logical conclusion that both teams thinking they got the better deal makes it an indisputable win-win. There's really nothing to argue about that deal, just nice to hear about what you would have had from time to time if it never went through. Of course it appears people have ruined being a fan of Shattenkirk through pissing matches and now we'll be met with constant hyperbole for liking his play.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Another 2 pies delivered by Mr Pie Time

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:59 AM
execwrite

Western Conference
Team GP Pts
1. * Vancouver 42 55
2. * St. Louis 41 53
3. * San Jose 38 50
4. Chicago 41 52
5. Detroit 40 51
6. Nashville 41 48
7. Minnesota 42 48
8. Dallas 40 47
9. Los Angeles 42 47
10. Colorado 43 47
11. Phoenix 42 45
12. Calgary 43 43
13. Edmonton 41 35
14. Anaheim 39 28
15. Columbus 40 27
* = Division Leader

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
govw

I just saw the coverage of last nights game on "NHL on the Fly" and there wasn't a single highlight in the Blues' defensive zone. Did Elliot even break a sweat?

govw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Fred Murtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by govw View Post
I just saw the coverage of last nights game on "NHL on the Fly" and there wasn't a single highlight in the Blues' defensive zone. Did Elliot even break a sweat?
No, they gave him a lawnchair in the middle of the 2nd and by the third he was reading the paper and sipping coffee

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
Elliott on 15 saves for 5th SO of year: “I got to touch the puck a couple of times. It was awesome. I’m the recipient of a really good game”
Haha there ya go.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 06:02 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 260
I was at the game last night... and the pressure was amazing to see. Not sure WHY things looked so great. Not sure if Avs just didn't have it in their bag or we were that good or more than likely a combination of the two.

All I know is... Elliott was eating nachos and drinking a few beers throughout most of the game. Not much in our end at all last night. Was great to see!

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Looks like the presidential debates helped out Elliott again

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Elliott must start next Monday against Dallas while they debate in South Carolina. This will result in a shutout which gives him the start the next game against Edmonton (also a South Carolina debate night).

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Corn Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Elliott must start next Monday against Dallas while they debate in South Carolina. This will result in a shutout which gives him the start the next game against Edmonton (also a South Carolina debate night).
I know what the debates do for Elliot, but how is an Elliot win/loss calculated in to the fivethirtyeight model for the SC primary? This needs to be tracked.

Corn Baller is offline   Reply With Quote