HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 44: Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 4:30PM - SNETP

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
lol @ Canucks bumping ******* in paris after a win, while Serge is pissed off

Old
Lard_Lad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Hasn't been good either.
He's working hard, at least, but he doesn't have much to contribute that we don't have already. I'd rather have a real heavyweight on the fourth line, or go the other direction entirely and give somebody like Sweatt or Schroeder playing time with the big team. Sticking with middleweights who can't contribute offensively hasn't done much for us so far this year.

Old
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
over the course of 82 games, youre going to have stretches where the players are tired. there is nothing concerning about that,especially when your team is at the top of the league in the standings.
Is there anyone who is going to say anything besides 'relax, our record is good'? Or that every team has bad stretches? That's just the basis of the argument. Of course they're not going to be perfect. Of course sometimes they're going to be tired. Sheesh.

But a good team should show regular indications that it is firing on absolutely all cylinders. I personally don't see that as much as I'd like.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
No, if they sucked then I really wouldn't be upset with them. The issue is that they don't suck. They are just horribly lazy.

I think they need a wakeup call. Honestly, I want a blowout loss. better than heading into the first round and getting smashed in a couple of games against Nashville or LA because the team hasn't been bothering to really try for months.
There's nothing better than a trade as a wakeup call though.

I say we move one of the Sedins... that would send a real message.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
St Louis 2 behind 3 in hand.
San Jose 6 behind 6 in hand.
Detroit 4 behind, 2 in hand.

Chicago (likely) 2 points, 2 games in hand.

All these teams can pass the Canucks.
These are wrong, except Detroit. Also only 2 of these teams can pass the Canucks.

I still haven't heard why you even post here or watch the Canucks. All you do is complain, in fact in GDTs you only post when there is something to complain about. You mention how the Canucks frustrate you yet you still consider yourself a fan. Maybe it's time to cheer for a team that fits what you're looking for better?

May I suggest Detroit?

01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Rational assessment, insightful criticism, all if that is fun to read. They HAVE looked tired or disinterested at times. It IS concerning. They're in first place though, after several games in a condensed span, on the road, as far from home as possible in the Eastern time zone.
It happens, it's normal, it's not Sept-Oct all over again, and swearing because it happens doesn't make it less so.
Blinders aren't necessary, but neither are torches and pitchforks.

Old
Bleach Clean

Ok, AV seriously needs to have dedicated shooters in the shootout. The team must practice this. As soon as I saw Bieksa in the shootout I knew AV was doing the same thing he's always done - pick names out of a hat and hope for the best. Usually, that has resulted in a shootout loss. This time, Raymond (who has shot before) gets a much needed goal.

AV, pick your shooters and role with them

On this game - Throw it away and never think about it again. Much like the FLA game, it was no oil painting. Just poor coverage all over the ice, and low battle level. Tired team needs this all-star break bad.

Raymond - His days as nuck are numbered. IMO. He just does not bring enough offensively to justify increasing his salary even further. I fully expect him to be dealt at the end of the season (I've felt that way for a long time).

Hodgson - Still trying, good on him. Was a little weak on the puck at times, but he did well enough.

Hansen was ok.

Kesler and Malhotra - Both really disappointed on the draws, but did ok defensively. Malhotra with good 2nd effort on the goal.

Sedins - MIA. I know tantalum disagrees, but I think Malone was Henrik's man.

Alberts+Ballard - Looked decent to good. Were the best pairing on the night. Still, it was Ballard carrying Alberts. AA didn't look like he could keep up most times. Would really like Rome back soon.

Old
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Is there anyone who is going to say anything besides 'relax, our record is good'? Or that every team has bad stretches? That's just the basis of the argument. Of course they're not going to be perfect. Of course sometimes they're going to be tired. Sheesh.

But a good team should show regular indications that it is firing on absolutely all cylinders. I personally don't see that as much as I'd like.
I disagree. A good team should find ways to win when they're tired, which the Canucks have done (9-3-1 in our last 13 for ****s sake)!

Old
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I'd say he's been decent. 2 games, 1 assist, +1, 5 hits (including one that helped start a goal). Nothing wrong with his game so far.
His game tonight I thought was passable. First, not so much.

Old
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post

Might want to fact check.

St. Louis has 2 in hand, not 3.
San Jose will have 5 in hand after their game finishes tonight, not 6.
Chicago will be 2 behind with 1 in hand after their game tonight.

You don't make a strong case for yourself when you don't even have your facts straight. You were wrong on 3 of the 4 claims you made. You're going to have to do better than 25% to win a lot of people to your side.
Blind rage makes logic difficult.

Old
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
okay i calmed down.

but god damn man, losing 200$ with a 2 goal lead as the best team in the NHL in the third against a bottom dweller ****ing sucks.

If it was 20$ i would not care, but god damn I nailed 5 absolute beauty's today, including the islanders over detroit and ott over pens

Old
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
thekernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
okay i calmed down.

but god damn man, losing 200$ with a 2 goal lead as the best team in the NHL in the third against a bottom dweller ****ing sucks.

If it was 20$ i would not care, but god damn I nailed 5 absolute beauty's today, including the islanders over detroit and ott over pens
if it makes you feel any better i don't think their fourth goal should have counted.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE BENNING

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Rational assessment, insightful criticism, all if that is fun to read. They HAVE looked tired or disinterested at times. It IS concerning. They're in first place though, after several games in a condensed span, on the road, as far from home as possible in the Eastern time zone.
It happens, it's normal, it's not Sept-Oct all over again, and swearing because it happens doesn't make it less so.
Blinders aren't necessary, but neither are torches and pitchforks.
It's not concerning me with them being disinterested because I know they're tired from so many games in so many nights. It's not hard to put one and one together to see this. They want to win, but it's hard to win and compete at the high level they're capable of without any decent amount of days rest.

Especially on back-to-backs, it seems people around here expect blowouts regardless...

Old
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
okay i calmed down.

That is your fault. You might not want to hear this, but if you lose a big bet the only one you can blame is yourself. It sucks losing that money, but you are the guy that went out there and put your own money on the line.

And that my friends, is why I don't gamble. Murphy's Law applies pretty well for me. I always bring 2 pairs of underwear with me wherever I go as a result.

Old
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Ok, AV seriously needs to have dedicated shooters in the shootout. The team must practice this. As soon as I saw Bieksa in the shootout I know AV was doing the same thing he's always done - pick names out of a hat and hope for the best. Usually, that has resulted in a shootout loss. This time, Raymond (who has shot before) gets a much needed goal.

AV, pick your shooters and role with them

On this game - Throw it away and never think about it again. Much like the FLA game, it was no oil painting. Just poor coverage all over the ice, and low battle level. Tired team needs this all-star break bad.

Raymond - His days as nuck are numbered. IMO. He just does not bring enough offensively to justify increasing his salary even further. I fully expect him to be dealt at the end of the season (I've felt that way for a long time).

Hodgson - Still trying, good on him. Was a little weak on the puck at times, but he did well enough.

Hansen was ok.

Kesler and Malhotra - Both really disappointed on the draws, but did ok defensively. Malhotra with good 2nd effort on the goal.

Sedins - MIA. I know tantalum disagrees, but I think Malone was Henrik's man.

Alberts+Ballard - Looked decent to good. Were the best pairing on the night. Still, it was Ballard carrying Alberts. AA didn't look like he could keep up most times. Would really like Rome back soon.
Malone was one of the forwards' men. Chances are it was a Sedin. There was nobody back checking so a missed assignment happened somewhere on that line.

Old
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Best you got?
Well when someone makes legitimate points like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23
You do know that they are a team full of human beings that have played 9 games in 16 nights (6 on the road), including travel from Vancouver to Boston to Florida where they played back to back games.

Yes?

Does any of that matter to you?

The funny thing is despite that they've won 2 of their last 3 games.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23

Might want to fact check.

St. Louis has 2 in hand, not 3.
San Jose will have 5 in hand after their game finishes tonight, not 6.
Chicago will be 2 behind with 1 in hand after their game tonight.

You don't make a strong case for yourself when you don't even have your facts straight. You were wrong on 3 of the 4 claims you made. You're going to have to do better than 25% to win a lot of people to your side.
You don't respond, soooooooooooooo.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
No, if they sucked then I really wouldn't be upset with them. The issue is that they don't suck. They are just horribly lazy.

I think they need a wakeup call. Honestly, I want a blowout loss. better than heading into the first round and getting smashed in a couple of games against Nashville or LA because the team hasn't been bothering to really try for months.
How ironic. Considering the way you react to close wins/losses, I don't see how you could even remotely suggest that this is a good idea.

Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Actually, you go off dude..... And it's predictable. Every loss to you is G7 SCF bad
and you and the other cheerleaders make excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse...

Old
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Malone was one of the forwards' men. Chances are it was a Sedin. There was nobody back checking so a missed assignment happened somewhere on that line.
Burrows had Marty, but he got dribbled so that drew in the other players, and either Sedin lost Malone because of that.

Old
Karl Hungus

vCash: 833
Wins aren't always going to be pretty. 3 games in 4 nights and we got the 2 points. That should be good enough for anyone, frankly.

Malhotra with a strong game. He's taken some heat but he's shown some improvement lately. That's great to see. The twins don't seem to be bearing down consistently on this road trip but I'm sure that will come around soon rather than later, they always do.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
That is your fault. You might not want to hear this, but if you lose a big bet the only one you can blame is yourself. It sucks losing that money, but you are the guy that went out there and put your own money on the line.

And that my friends, is why I don't gamble. Murphy's Law applies pretty well for me. I always bring 2 pairs of underwear with me wherever I go as a result.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:49 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Why does it even matter? Our division is a freaking joke. Worst case scenario has always been 3rd in the West.
Which today would get you LA in the first round instead of Minny if you finish first.

Then you get to the second round and probbaly don't get home ice again.

Old
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:
and you and the other cheerleaders make excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse...
You always complain how the Canucks are such a bad team, and yet they are somehow 2nd in the league and 1st in the West.

Go cheer for another team for a while, and you'll see that every other team in the league has problems and bad games, not just the Canucks.

Old
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
And you never respond to criticism of your bizarre attitude towards the Canucks. Lets not point fingers and call people "cheerleaders" when you are full of blind hate.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:

It was only a 20$ bet, I went for quantity over quality.

anyways **** happens.

and lol @ underwear joke.

Closed Thread