HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 44: Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 4:30PM - SNETP

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
  #976
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
You always complain how the Canucks are such a bad team, and yet they are somehow 2nd in the league and 1st in the West.

Go cheer for another team for a while, and you'll see that every other team in the league has problems and bad games, not just the Canucks.
But every team is going to win all their games in hand, surely, and then we'll be 24th in the league!


CCF23 is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
  #977
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
How ironic. Considering the way you react to close wins/losses, I don't see how you could even remotely suggest that this is a good idea.
He's upset when we win.
He's upset when we lose.
He's happy when we lose bad.

Sounds like a true fan.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #978
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
And you never respond to criticism of your bizarre attitude towards the Canucks. Lets not point fingers and call people "cheerleaders" when you are full of blind hate.
*sigh*

I'm still waiting for replies to my posts. Maybe if I posted "come at me bro" I'd at least get a quote out of it.

[/tongueincheek]

Just so we're clear .

CCF23 is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #979
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Malone was one of the forwards' men. Chances are it was a Sedin. There was nobody back checking so a missed assignment happened somewhere on that line.
Hank was the closest to Bieksa, on the left side. That's why I feel it was his man.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #980
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,045
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
He's working hard, at least, but he doesn't have much to contribute that we don't have already. I'd rather have a real heavyweight on the fourth line, or go the other direction entirely and give somebody like Sweatt or Schroeder playing time with the big team. Sticking with middleweights who can't contribute offensively hasn't done much for us so far this year.
It might be petty, but I don't really see why I should like or respect a 4th-line player who is a fringe NHLer at best and can't respect the leaders of this team that have been in the NHL since he was in Peewee. Yes, that is about the tweets.

Granted, his game tonight was good, his first game was not.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
  #981
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
2 more games than St. Louis (2 points ahead of them)
5 more games than San Jose (6 or 7 points ahead of them pending their game)
2 more games than Detroit (4 points ahead of them)
2 more games than Chicago (4 points ahead of them)

The only team with significant games in hand is San Jose.
My bad, I thought they played 45 games so far.

But even so, all those teams can pass them. Pretty good odds of St Louis winning 1 of 2 or San Jose winning 3 of 5.

Not bad odds of one of Detroit and Chicago winning both of theirs.

Not a good place to be. It's fine if you are actually playing well and collecting points, the Canucks are not playing well.

serge2k is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
  #982
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
and you and the other cheerleaders make excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse...
No. They don't. They offer reasons, such as travel fatigue. You counter with how that shouldn't matter and then tell the entire team to **** off while that vein on your forehead does it's post game dance.

kevinsane is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
  #983
Flik
Canucks fan for life
 
Flik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
You know, with the emergence of Hodgson as a legit offensive threat combined with the poor defensive play of the Sedins, I wonder if we might be better served letting the twins kill the occasional penalty and try to get that defensive side of their game improved and spread some of the offensive zone time a little more to Hodgson's line.

Flik is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
  #984
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,080
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
There is a very simple cure to serge2k if you don't enjoy his posts. And its helpful to all the other people who don't enjoy his posts.
yay you got your avatar back, finally I can PM you about trades lolz

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
  #985
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
I disagree. A good team should find ways to win when they're tired, which the Canucks have done (9-3-1 in our last 13 for ****s sake)!
Bingo...

Lonny Bohonos is online now  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
  #986
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Hey guys.

We won! Yay.

I thought Hodgson was pretty good again. As for the shootout, you use Burrows but you MAKE him use the leg kick backhand move.

CCF23 is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  #987
kanuck87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
My bad, I thought they played 45 games so far.

But even so, all those teams can pass them. Pretty good odds of St Louis winning 1 of 2 or San Jose winning 3 of 5.

Not bad odds of one of Detroit and Chicago winning both of theirs.

Not a good place to be. It's fine if you are actually playing well and collecting points, the Canucks are not playing well.


First place in the division, top 3 in the conference, and that's not a good place to be.


kanuck87 is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  #988
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hank was the closest to Bieksa, on the left side. That's why I feel it was his man.
I never got to see a good overhead replay, only from the side. If you say it was Henrik, I'd be inclined to agree since it had to be one of the two.

Canucker is online now  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  #989
The Optimist
Registered User
 
The Optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SFU
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Which today would get you LA in the first round instead of Minny if you finish first.

Then you get to the second round and probbaly don't get home ice again.
Have you seen how the Canucks have played in Minnesota? Would probably be a 7 game series.

The Optimist is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  #990
thepuckmonster
on the decline
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,490
vCash: 500
I can't wait until after the ASG break.

This team needs some R&R, asap. They're all gassed.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
  #991
Rooooooooooxxxanne*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
You know, with the emergence of Hodgson as a legit offensive threat combined with the poor defensive play of the Sedins, I wonder if we might be better served letting the twins kill the occasional penalty and try to get that defensive side of their game improved and spread some of the offensive zone time a little more to Hodgson's line.
Killing penalties won't improve their defensive game, it's more likely going to have them block a shot and get injured.

The Sedins were not having their best game tonight, but by no means do we need to suddenly consider these drastic changes, ie. putting them on the penalty kill.

They are world class players, and two of the biggest offensive threats in the league, you do not treat them like rookies (Hodgson).

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
  #992
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum
 
parabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 40,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
My bad, I thought they played 45 games so far.

But even so, all those teams can pass them. Pretty good odds of St Louis winning 1 of 2 or San Jose winning 3 of 5.

Not bad odds of one of Detroit and Chicago winning both of theirs.

Not a good place to be. It's fine if you are actually playing well and collecting points, the Canucks are not playing well.
Only 2 can technically pass us because of division lead. It doesn't matter if all 3 pass us (with this many games left in the season). Every team goes on slumps, some of those teams will too and then we'll be in contention for 1st again.

But again, only 2 can pass us. We have our division pretty secure.

__________________
parabola is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
  #993
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
yay you got your avatar back, finally I can PM you about trades lolz
Oh crap...i need to get infracted again.


You can trade me Neal now.

Canucker is online now  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
  #994
Catamarca Livin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
I was critical of Raymond last year but when he was out this year he was missed. He is very good at skating the puck out of trouble. Also he rarely gives the puck away. His hockey IQ is fine. The thing is very few players can stick handle while looking for passes. Raymond is no different if he could look for others while beating other plyers he would be an elite player instead of just a good two way player.

Catamarca Livin is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
  #995
B-rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
You always complain how the Canucks are such a bad team, and yet they are somehow 2nd in the league and 1st in the West.

Go cheer for another team for a while, and you'll see that every other team in the league has problems and bad games, not just the Canucks.
This is a good solution. It's pretty clear Serge2k hasn't watched any hockey apart from the Canucks. If he did he'd realize all teams go on losing streaks and periods of not playing up to their potential. No team wins every game 5-0 to finish off the season at 82-0.

B-rock is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
  #996
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
I disagree. A good team should find ways to win when they're tired, which the Canucks have done (9-3-1 in our last 13 for ****s sake)!
and prior to that they lost 2 straight against the worst teams in the league.

How many of those games have they looked terrible but managed to nab a point or two.
Tonight.
Boston (they worked hard at least).



They take way too many games off.

serge2k is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
  #997
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,045
vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
I cannot stress the importance of gym strip either. If you've ever played dodgeball in corduroy pants and have them split in the backside and still have 3 period of class left, you'd know why.

Reverend Mayhem is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
  #998
Flik
Canucks fan for life
 
Flik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Killing penalties won't improve their defensive game, it's more likely going to have them block a shot and get injured.

The Sedins were not having their best game tonight, but by no means do we need to suddenly consider these drastic changes, ie. putting them on the penalty kill.

They are world class players, and two of the biggest offensive threats in the league, you do not treat them like rookies (Hodgson).
That's not really what I'm getting at (treating them like rookies). It's about having a well rounded roster that is dangerous at both sides of the rink. I love the Sedin's offense, but their D zone play is average at best. I don't think it would hurt to put a little more emphasis on their D zone coverage and spread the offense around the roster.

Since we have some actual depth I just think it would serve us for the long term if we try to take advantage of it.

Flik is offline  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
  #999
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I was critical of Raymond last year but when he was out this year he was missed. He is very good at skating the puck out of trouble. Also he rarely gives the puck away. His hockey IQ is fine. The thing is very few players can stick handle while looking for passes. Raymond is no different if he could look for others while beating other plyers he would be an elite player instead of just a good two way player.
Yeah, his hockey IQ is fine...its his willingness to go to the hard areas of the ice that I question. He was driving hard his first few games but has now disappeared into the periphery.

Canucker is online now  
Old
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
  #1000
kanuck87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
*sigh*

I'm still waiting for replies to my posts. Maybe if I posted "come at me bro" I'd at least get a quote out of it.

[/tongueincheek]

Just so we're clear .
We should assign serge Bieksa's "spot picker" avatar.

kanuck87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.