HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 44: Vancouver Canucks vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 4:30PM - SNETP

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
CCF23

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
You always complain how the Canucks are such a bad team, and yet they are somehow 2nd in the league and 1st in the West.

Go cheer for another team for a while, and you'll see that every other team in the league has problems and bad games, not just the Canucks.
But every team is going to win all their games in hand, surely, and then we'll be 24th in the league!

Old
01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
How ironic. Considering the way you react to close wins/losses, I don't see how you could even remotely suggest that this is a good idea.
He's upset when we win.
He's upset when we lose.
He's happy when we lose bad.

Sounds like a true fan.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
And you never respond to criticism of your bizarre attitude towards the Canucks. Lets not point fingers and call people "cheerleaders" when you are full of blind hate.
*sigh*

I'm still waiting for replies to my posts. Maybe if I posted "come at me bro" I'd at least get a quote out of it.

[/tongueincheek]

Just so we're clear .

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
Malone was one of the forwards' men. Chances are it was a Sedin. There was nobody back checking so a missed assignment happened somewhere on that line.
Hank was the closest to Bieksa, on the left side. That's why I feel it was his man.

Old
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
He's working hard, at least, but he doesn't have much to contribute that we don't have already. I'd rather have a real heavyweight on the fourth line, or go the other direction entirely and give somebody like Sweatt or Schroeder playing time with the big team. Sticking with middleweights who can't contribute offensively hasn't done much for us so far this year.
It might be petty, but I don't really see why I should like or respect a 4th-line player who is a fringe NHLer at best and can't respect the leaders of this team that have been in the NHL since he was in Peewee. Yes, that is about the tweets.

Granted, his game tonight was good, his first game was not.

Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
2 more games than St. Louis (2 points ahead of them)
5 more games than San Jose (6 or 7 points ahead of them pending their game)
2 more games than Detroit (4 points ahead of them)
2 more games than Chicago (4 points ahead of them)

The only team with significant games in hand is San Jose.
My bad, I thought they played 45 games so far.

But even so, all those teams can pass them. Pretty good odds of St Louis winning 1 of 2 or San Jose winning 3 of 5.

Not bad odds of one of Detroit and Chicago winning both of theirs.

Not a good place to be. It's fine if you are actually playing well and collecting points, the Canucks are not playing well.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
and you and the other cheerleaders make excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse...
No. They don't. They offer reasons, such as travel fatigue. You counter with how that shouldn't matter and then tell the entire team to **** off while that vein on your forehead does it's post game dance.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

You know, with the emergence of Hodgson as a legit offensive threat combined with the poor defensive play of the Sedins, I wonder if we might be better served letting the twins kill the occasional penalty and try to get that defensive side of their game improved and spread some of the offensive zone time a little more to Hodgson's line.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
There is a very simple cure to serge2k if you don't enjoy his posts. And its helpful to all the other people who don't enjoy his posts.
yay you got your avatar back, finally I can PM you about trades lolz

Old
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
I disagree. A good team should find ways to win when they're tired, which the Canucks have done (9-3-1 in our last 13 for ****s sake)!
Bingo...

Old
CCF23

Hey guys.

We won! Yay.

I thought Hodgson was pretty good again. As for the shootout, you use Burrows but you MAKE him use the leg kick backhand move.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
kanuck87

Quote:

But even so, all those teams can pass them. Pretty good odds of St Louis winning 1 of 2 or San Jose winning 3 of 5.

Not a good place to be. It's fine if you are actually playing well and collecting points, the Canucks are not playing well.

First place in the division, top 3 in the conference, and that's not a good place to be.

Old
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hank was the closest to Bieksa, on the left side. That's why I feel it was his man.
I never got to see a good overhead replay, only from the side. If you say it was Henrik, I'd be inclined to agree since it had to be one of the two.

Old
The Optimist

vCash: 1258
Quote:
Which today would get you LA in the first round instead of Minny if you finish first.

Then you get to the second round and probbaly don't get home ice again.
Have you seen how the Canucks have played in Minnesota? Would probably be a 7 game series.

Old
thepuckmonster
on the decline

I can't wait until after the ASG break.

This team needs some R&R, asap. They're all gassed.

Old
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
You know, with the emergence of Hodgson as a legit offensive threat combined with the poor defensive play of the Sedins, I wonder if we might be better served letting the twins kill the occasional penalty and try to get that defensive side of their game improved and spread some of the offensive zone time a little more to Hodgson's line.
Killing penalties won't improve their defensive game, it's more likely going to have them block a shot and get injured.

The Sedins were not having their best game tonight, but by no means do we need to suddenly consider these drastic changes, ie. putting them on the penalty kill.

They are world class players, and two of the biggest offensive threats in the league, you do not treat them like rookies (Hodgson).

Old
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:

Only 2 can technically pass us because of division lead. It doesn't matter if all 3 pass us (with this many games left in the season). Every team goes on slumps, some of those teams will too and then we'll be in contention for 1st again.

But again, only 2 can pass us. We have our division pretty secure.

01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
yay you got your avatar back, finally I can PM you about trades lolz
Oh crap...i need to get infracted again.

You can trade me Neal now.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Catamarca Livin

I was critical of Raymond last year but when he was out this year he was missed. He is very good at skating the puck out of trouble. Also he rarely gives the puck away. His hockey IQ is fine. The thing is very few players can stick handle while looking for passes. Raymond is no different if he could look for others while beating other plyers he would be an elite player instead of just a good two way player.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:56 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
You always complain how the Canucks are such a bad team, and yet they are somehow 2nd in the league and 1st in the West.

Go cheer for another team for a while, and you'll see that every other team in the league has problems and bad games, not just the Canucks.
This is a good solution. It's pretty clear Serge2k hasn't watched any hockey apart from the Canucks. If he did he'd realize all teams go on losing streaks and periods of not playing up to their potential. No team wins every game 5-0 to finish off the season at 82-0.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
serge2k

Quote:
I disagree. A good team should find ways to win when they're tired, which the Canucks have done (9-3-1 in our last 13 for ****s sake)!
and prior to that they lost 2 straight against the worst teams in the league.

How many of those games have they looked terrible but managed to nab a point or two.
Tonight.
Boston (they worked hard at least).

They take way too many games off.

Old
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
I cannot stress the importance of gym strip either. If you've ever played dodgeball in corduroy pants and have them split in the backside and still have 3 period of class left, you'd know why.

Old
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Killing penalties won't improve their defensive game, it's more likely going to have them block a shot and get injured.

The Sedins were not having their best game tonight, but by no means do we need to suddenly consider these drastic changes, ie. putting them on the penalty kill.

They are world class players, and two of the biggest offensive threats in the league, you do not treat them like rookies (Hodgson).
That's not really what I'm getting at (treating them like rookies). It's about having a well rounded roster that is dangerous at both sides of the rink. I love the Sedin's offense, but their D zone play is average at best. I don't think it would hurt to put a little more emphasis on their D zone coverage and spread the offense around the roster.

Since we have some actual depth I just think it would serve us for the long term if we try to take advantage of it.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I was critical of Raymond last year but when he was out this year he was missed. He is very good at skating the puck out of trouble. Also he rarely gives the puck away. His hockey IQ is fine. The thing is very few players can stick handle while looking for passes. Raymond is no different if he could look for others while beating other plyers he would be an elite player instead of just a good two way player.
Yeah, his hockey IQ is fine...its his willingness to go to the hard areas of the ice that I question. He was driving hard his first few games but has now disappeared into the periphery.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
*sigh*

I'm still waiting for replies to my posts. Maybe if I posted "come at me bro" I'd at least get a quote out of it.

[/tongueincheek]

Just so we're clear .
We should assign serge Bieksa's "spot picker" avatar.

Closed Thread