HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 44: Canucks def. Lightning - 5-4 (SO) (Edler, Hansen, Malhotra, Kesler)

Old
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
bbud

vCash: 500
GM 44: Canucks def. Lightning - 5-4 (SO) (Edler, Hansen, Malhotra, Kesler)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
No. They don't. They offer reasons, such as travel fatigue. You counter with how that shouldn't matter and then tell the entire team to **** off while that vein on your forehead does it's post game dance.
Just too funny lmao

bbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I never got to see a good overhead replay, only from the side. If you say it was Henrik, I'd be inclined to agree since it had to be one of the two.

I was watching the TBay feed, perhaps they had different angles. I saw Henrik, but could be wrong. Still, we both agree that it was a forward and that it was a Sedin - meaning not a Dman. Bieksa and Hamhuis picked up their 2 players.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Well when someone makes legitimate points like:

and

You don't respond, soooooooooooooo.
I have responded. I admitted that I made a mistake thinking they had played 45 games.

They have won 2 of 3, but blowing a 2 goal lead in the third and needing a shootout to beat a team nowhere near the playoffs? thats good enough for you?

Against a decent team they get flattened tonight.

Last ngiht they didn't show up.

Against Boston they worked hard, but most of the defensemen were pretty terrible. It's a good thing Boston has to be goons, cause they easily beat the Canucks 5 on 5.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Wow, for such a slow GDT at the start, this sure has picked up!

Flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
That's not really what I'm getting at (treating them like rookies). It's about having a well rounded roster that is dangerous at both sides of the rink. I love the Sedin's offense, but their D zone play is average at best. I don't think it would hurt to put a little more emphasis on their D zone coverage and spread the offense around the roster.

Since we have some actual depth I just think it would serve us for the long term if we try to take advantage of it.
Yeah, it worked great for Ovechkin and the caps.

The Sedin's are offensive threats, and are fine in their own zone, they are not Selke finalists by any stretch but they sure as heck aren't terrible in their own zone. They are also both a +13. They don't need to change anything.

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:04 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post

First place in the division, top 3 in the conference, and that's not a good place to be.

Not if you actually expect to win the cup. You really want to go into a series against Detroit on the road?

How about NYR or Boston?

Old
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
This is a good solution. It's pretty clear Serge2k hasn't watched any hockey apart from the Canucks. If he did he'd realize all teams go on losing streaks and periods of not playing up to their potential. No team wins every game 5-0 to finish off the season at 82-0.
Please. Of course. Can we address the issue about the kind of effort they put in game after game? It is possible to do this while acknowledging that their are human and that it is a long season, yadda yadda yadda.

This is not an isolated incident. Again, go back and read the PGT's. We can all agree posters like MS and orcatown offer reasonable accounts of the game - and if you look back, even taking out October, most of them aren't pretty. CCF, I'm pretty sure I made this point to you about the 6-0 Colorado win before.

Let's put it this way - we can waltz through the regular season like Washington the last couple years and then get ambushed in the playoffs. We would have a good record on the surface, but it would all be smoke and mirrors.

The time is now to get this team to grow and evolve. I think one of the scariest thoughts for me right now is that this is the same team as last year, except we have better personnel here and there. But throughout this season, we play the same game and make the same mistakes that cost us the SCF game after game. We don't look like we are becoming more mentally resilient or versatile in the way we choose to play. I can observe these things in the way they play regardless of the final score.

mossey3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

There are some people who just want to be famous for being famous, I guess. As long they talk about you.....

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Yeah, it worked great for Ovechkin and the caps.

The Sedin's are offensive threats, and are fine in their own zone, they are not Selke finalists by any stretch but they sure as heck aren't terrible in their own zone. They are also both a +13. They don't need to change anything.
Ovechkin doesn't have half the work ethic that the Sedins have though, so the comparison isn't fair.

I just remember that Steve Yzerman transitioned into a 2 way player as he aged and his team was better because of it.

I'm just thinking of ways we can improve the overall team within the roster we have, we're very lucky that Hodgson is showing so much promise and our offensive depth has never been better so we might be better served for the long haul to spread things around.

Flik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
serge2k

Quote:
He's upset when we win.
He's upset when we lose.
He's happy when we lose bad.

Sounds like a true fan.
No.

I'm upset when we win but blow a 2 goal lead against a bad team and need a shootout.
I'm upset when we lose.
I'm upset when we lose big. As I said, I wouldn't be upset at a blowout because I think they are in big need of a wakeup call.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
There are some people who just want to be famous for being famous, I guess. As long they talk about you.....
All attention is good attention.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Not if you actually expect to win the cup. You really want to go into a series against Detroit on the road?

How about NYR or Boston?
Well if your standards are going to be that high, you're going to have a lot of sleepless nights.

Quote:
I'm upset when we win but blow a 2 goal lead against a bad team and need a shootout.
I'm upset when we lose.
I'm upset when we lose big. As I said, I wouldn't be upset at a blowout because I think they are in big need of a wakeup call.
At least you admit it.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:09 PM
serge2k

Quote:
No. They don't. They offer reasons, such as travel fatigue. You counter with how that shouldn't matter and then tell the entire team to **** off while that vein on your forehead does it's post game dance.
Uh huh.

Guess it was travel fatigue losing at home to Calgary in the middle of a 4 game homestand.

and it must have been a huge factor when they lost two straight against the leagues worst teams.

Old
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Quote:
No.

I'm upset when we lose.
Yah blowouts really woke up the Canucks in the SCF...

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bbud

Quote:
I have responded. I admitted that I made a mistake thinking they had played 45 games.

They have won 2 of 3, but blowing a 2 goal lead in the third and needing a shootout to beat a team nowhere near the playoffs? thats good enough for you?

Against a decent team they get flattened tonight.

Last ngiht they didn't show up.

Against Boston they worked hard, but most of the defensemen were pretty terrible. It's a good thing Boston has to be goons, cause they easily beat the Canucks 5 on 5.
I am not sure what team you watched , the Boston game was solid i at times call out poor play but the level you take it to is way over the top .

bbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Hey guys.

We won! Yay.

I thought Hodgson was pretty good again
. As for the shootout, you use Burrows but you MAKE him use the leg kick backhand move.
It's hodgson, goes without saying. To say that Cody played is to imply that he was awesome.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
This is a good solution. It's pretty clear Serge2k hasn't watched any hockey apart from the Canucks. If he did he'd realize all teams go on losing streaks and periods of not playing up to their potential. No team wins every game 5-0 to finish off the season at 82-0.
Who's demanding 82-0?

Old
01-10-2012, 10:12 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Well if your standards are going to be that high, you're going to have a lot of sleepless nights.
117 points last season and the cup finals.

If your standard isn't cup or bust and your opinion isn't based off watching a team you expect to win then why even bother watching?

Old
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Yah blowouts really woke up the Canucks in the SCF...
Thats true.

Need something to happen though.

edit: and they got blown out by Chicago last year and went on a tear. Sometimes it does help a team wake up and realize they are coasting and need to get back to work.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
M A K A V E L I*

That was an exciting finish. Maybe try Schneider in the shootout next time Luongo is in one. He's already said SO's aren't his thing.

M A K A V E L I* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vanwest

The team looks tired. Especially the Sedins. I thought Schneider outplayed Roloson and was the difference. On defence, losing Salo just makes such a difference. Every pair was affected. As to the positives, Raymond looked good in both zones as did Hansen, Lapierre and the whole 4th line. This team needs the allstar break to rest up. The schedule has been really tough lately especially with the Boston game thrown in and this back to back.
I know it would never happen, but I'd like to see Schneider in all of the shootouts. Luongo just falls on the ice too often. He's playing great but shootouts are just not his strength.

Edit: I see that I'm on the same wavelength with the poster up above on the last point.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbud View Post
I am not sure what team you watched , the Boston game was solid i at times call out poor play but the level you take it to is way over the top .
Very very iffy defensive play.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
coolcanucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
These are wrong, except Detroit. Also only 2 of these teams can pass the Canucks.

I still haven't heard why you even post here or watch the Canucks. All you do is complain, in fact in GDTs you only post when there is something to complain about. You mention how the Canucks frustrate you yet you still consider yourself a fan. Maybe it's time to cheer for a team that fits what you're looking for better?

May I suggest Detroit?
i second the motion...

coolcanucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
David71

schiender should be in all shootouts even if luongo is playing. put schiends in. he seems so comfortable 1on1 than luongo.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:16 PM
kevinsane
Lundqvist clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Please. Of course. Can we address the issue about the kind of effort they put in game after game? It is possible to do this while acknowledging that their are human and that it is a long season, yadda yadda yadda.

This is not an isolated incident. Again, go back and read the
PGT's. We can all agree posters
like MS and orcatown offer
reasonable accounts of the game -
and if you look back, even taking
out October, most of them aren't
pretty. CCF, I'm pretty sure I made
this point to you about the 6-0
Colorado win before.

Let's put it this way - we can waltz through the regular season like
Washington the last couple years
and then get ambushed in the
playoffs. We would have a good
record on the surface, but it would
all be smoke and mirrors.

The time is now to get this team to
grow and evolve. I think one of
the scariest thoughts for me right
now is that this is the same team
as last year, except we have
better personnel here and there.
But throughout this season, we
play the same game and make the
same mistakes that cost us the
SCF game after game. We don't
look like we are becoming more
mentally resilient or versatile in the
way we choose to play. I can
observe these things in the way
they play regardless of the final
score.
Excellent post! THIS is how to spur discussion and prompt debate, and there is nothing in here I disagree with. I think the word "lazy" gets thrown around when "tired" or "ineffective" would be more accurate. I do think this team needs rest, yes, but there are certainly areas of concern in their play at the best of times. The PP is becoming predictable and thus easier to defend. Everything seems to be dependent on the heavy point shot. That needs to be addressed. There needs to be better production 5 on 5, because PP chances go down in the playoffs. They're not going to get 11 in a SCF game.
THIS is rational discourse. "**** you, Canucks, you lazy ****ing pieces of overpaid ****!" is the disease that kills our GDT's. It's virtually impossible for every poster to ignore, so us it not reasonable to ask those who do it to cease or go elsewhere?

kevinsane is offline   Reply With Quote