HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campoli traded speculation...

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Key Words right there.

Kaberle was traded for a 1st and Colborne last year...By that logic Rutherford got fleeced right?
Rutherford said he made a mistake signing Kaberle just days before, but he found a fish. My point exactly you wait closer to deadline the value goes up for everyone as teams get desperate

Old
01-10-2012, 11:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
Bad trade. Campoli gets a 3rd at the trade deadline.

Old
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Campowho?

Old
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No I love the pick I just think closer to deadline teams get more desperate and offer up a bit more, like a 3rd or even a 2nd if a team has multiple picks
True, but were talking about Campoli here...no team in their right mind should trade a 4th round pick for Campoli, let alone a 2nd or 3rd...he was awful tonight, just like he has been all year.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Krnage

Campoli and Malone on the same team

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Campoli, as useless as he's been, and as much as I have no issue at all with him being traded, is EXACTLY the kind of guy that should have been moved no sooner than a week before the deadline.

if he got a 4th now, I bet he could have got a 3rd, or even a desperate 2nd (from a top contending team who missed out on the D upgrades they were targeting but desperate to add that veteran D for the playoff run) right at the deadline.

you don't move a UFA-to-be for a paltry return a month out of the deadline... Gauthier is clueless.

Molson needs to step in before we end up with another Gomez/Kaberle/Lapierre type deal.
Not a bad point. Didn't see it like this. Yet, it's tough to believe that a guy who didn't have a team AT ALL September 24th, would be worth even a 3rd at the deadline day. Pretty sure there would be other options than him. But Gauthier is indeed in panic mode. Which makes me think that it's better to have something than to be stick with him. Reason why I like the deal. But your point is not entirely bad. You do have the feeling that Gauthier does not weigh in all his options. Even in the Halak vs Price debate. Everybody knows that Gauthier and Co didn't even take the time to see what was the market for Price. You might like a guy very much but WHAT IF a team overpays a whole lot? Could you just settle for letting him go but understanding that you might have lost the best guy, but you end up with the best team?

Anyway, I feel secure with a 4th round pick as far as Gauthier is concerned. Pretty sure there is no outpaid and washed up vet out there we could have for a 4th round pick. But if we would have had a 2nd or 3rd....then I would have been nervous....

Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Rutherford said he made a mistake signing Kaberle just days before, but he found a fish. My point exactly you wait closer to deadline the value goes up for everyone as teams get desperate
So Rutherford is a bad GM too?

Old
01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Bad trade. Campoli gets a 3rd at the trade deadline.
a 3rd pick couldn't even get us Dominic Moore!

Old
PyrettaBlaze

Umm this rumor was shot down by L'Antichambre... Why this thread (and the other one) still open?

Old
crazybird87

MA Godin just told me on twitter that it was a false rumor....

sorry guys

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
A better one then Gauthier that's for sure.

Old
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

I'm happy with a 4th for Campoli... Whatever pick we can get... I'll start freaking out if PG's buying instead of selling.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:16 PM
MJN79

Campoli to TB, others reporting Virgin 96 saying Cammy to LA, until we get to the trade deadline, we will have to filter out those trade rumors. Too much going on with twitter and any average Joe reporting rumors.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:16 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No, he can admit and correct a mistake plus he's had much more success than any PG team has.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN79 View Post
I agree with you but lets play devil's advocate and say Campoli gets injured again close to deadline, we get nothing in return. With the Habs string of bad luck, its a very possible situation
yes, Campoli could have gotten injured btw now and the deadline, leaving us with nothing... but was that "risk" really worth not hanging on another 2-3 weeks to see just how much the market heated up?

dmen, especially UFA-to-be dmen are always overvalued at the deadline, and despite Campoli's struggles with us, his career track record makes him exactly the kind of guy that a GM looking to improve his defense for a playoff/cup run would rationalize as a "much better fit with us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
That's assuming that Campoli stays in the lineup and actually is able to gain some value.
Lapierre didn't gain any value from the time we traded him in late december till the time the ducks traded him in late february.

all that happened is that the trade deadline got closer, thus, as ALWAYS, teams got more desperate and more willing to up the anty in terms of draft picks.

it happens so consistently, every single year, that one would have to be purposely ignoring the fact that players become more "valuable" in the eyes of playoff hungry GM's in late february.

Old
Habs

I don't understand the logic behind trading a player, for nothing, unless you can use that cash to make your team better. Campoli is much better than he is playing.

Old
onice

Just to top this year's dismal results, watch Yzerman turn around and trade Campoli for a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

@Habsedge went from "done deal" to "I need to validate it" to "If I'm wrong, it will be the 1st time in 4 years".

Though honestly, it still could very well happen. I'd like to give him the credit. Mainly because I don't hear the guy's name too much amongst the ones who pretend they know everything so it would be fun to believe him.

Old
Macs

M.A godin from la presse said it's fake

Old
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Umm this rumor was shot down by L'Antichambre... Why this thread (and the other one) still open?
Because the moderators - like the Habs - have given up on the season.

Old
Price My Man Crush

Ayan_SB Ayan Choudhury
par The_Creasy
@
@The_Creasy That radio station is Virgin Radio 96 by the way, known more for playing Black Eyed Peas all day than breaking Habs trade news.
Il y a 1 minute

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The question is : Who the heck can we now acquire for this 4th round pick? 4th round in this upcoming draft would be fun. Come on please, I want to have fun come draft day for once, hoping it is just the start of something more in that regard.
I agree, if this is a start of the Habs stock pilling some picks for a change I wouldn't complain.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
llamateizer

lol his level of confidence melted

HabsEdge Erik Riley
If I'm wrong this would be my first time in 4 years,
2 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
My source has never been wrong so far, I'm calling and heading into a conference call to validate this
5 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@justindigi Done deal
27 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@Seb_Bergeron done deal
28 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@iam_fil tTrust me my guys always right

Old
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
larek

[QUOTE=Whitesnake;42280039]Not a bad point. Didn't see it like this. Yet, it's tough to believe that a guy who didn't have a team AT ALL September 24th, would be worth even a 3rd at the deadline day. Pretty sure there would be other options than him. But Gauthier is indeed in panic mode. Which makes me think that it's better to have something than to be stick with him. Reason why I like the deal. But your point is not entirely bad. You do have the feeling that Gauthier does not weigh in all his options. Even in the Halak vs Price debate. Everybody knows that Gauthier and Co didn't even take the time to see what was the market for Price. You might like a guy very much but WHAT IF a team overpays a whole lot? Could you just settle for letting him go but understanding that you might have lost the best guy, but you end up with the best team?

Anyway, I feel secure with a 4th round pick as far as Gauthier is concerned. Pretty sure there is no outpaid and washed up vet out there we could have for a 4th round pick. But if we would have had a 2nd or 3rd....then I would have been nervous....[/QUOT

why did goat sign campoli in the first place-- this whole management team is like its team --
not very good--i wouldnt have them within a 100 miles of the team or phones--its shocking how goofy molsons would let any of these clowns make trades

Old
01-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Garry Valk

Nick Kypreos also saying Campoli dealt...

Closed Thread