HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Campoli traded speculation...

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 11:20 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Id be happy if its not true. Campoli is awful, betters are chances to tank, and maybe pick up a tad bit more at the deadline for him.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Nick Kypreos also saying Campoli dealt...
thats the fake one.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Why are you guys even debating this as if it was official??????

It is a rumour, from an unreliable source according to HF standard, and it was shut down by both l'AC and MA Godin.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Like I said, I didn't remember once that a music radio station had a deal right. Never. But @habsedge as far as the Campoli trade looked to be real honest at some point. We will see.

Old
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 50
Are they trying to horde bunch of draft picks for a better package deal come deadline? Package deal with picks is a good idea to rebuild some areas with quality players of the now versus "potentials in the future".

Old
01-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not a bad point. Didn't see it like this. Yet, it's tough to believe that a guy who didn't have a team AT ALL September 24th, would be worth even a 3rd at the deadline day. Pretty sure there would be other options than him. But Gauthier is indeed in panic mode. Which makes me think that it's better to have something than to be stick with him. Reason why I like the deal. But your point is not entirely bad. You do have the feeling that Gauthier does not weigh in all his options. Even in the Halak vs Price debate. Everybody knows that Gauthier and Co didn't even take the time to see what was the market for Price. You might like a guy very much but WHAT IF a team overpays a whole lot? Could you just settle for letting him go but understanding that you might have lost the best guy, but you end up with the best team?

Anyway, I feel secure with a 4th round pick as far as Gauthier is concerned. Pretty sure there is no outpaid and washed up vet out there we could have for a 4th round pick. But if we would have had a 2nd or 3rd....then I would have been nervous....
see, I'm actually fine with getting a pick for a player we had no use for... so in that sense, no big deal.

but as I'm always contending, the key to being a good GM, and the key to being an elite franchise, is asset management.

wether it's a struggling veteran or a 5th round pick, any time you make a roster move, you want to be either
A- getting a quality/premium return for your asset
B- getting an asset that fills a specific need so well that an even or "loss" in the return is ok.

Gauthier, and Gainey before him, simply does not get enough value out of his assets, and while it may be a "small" asset, as wise grannies say "pay attention to your nickels and dimes, and the dollars will take care of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
So Rutherford is a bad GM too?
fixing your mistakes is the sign of a good GM...

unlike our track record of ignoring mistakes or cutting them lose at a loss, he went out and got a serviceable expiring contract veteran in exchange for his bad contract.

Imagine if Gainey had been that good... two months into Gomez's time here, he was doing nothing for us, everyone preached patience, and look where we are now.

imagine if Gainey had traded him for some other veteran C whose contract ran out at the end of the '09 season?

Old
01-10-2012, 11:24 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Are they trying to horde bunch of draft picks for a better package deal come deadline? Package deal with picks is a good idea to rebuild some areas with quality players of the now versus "potentials in the future".
I don't mind a retool but I hope whoever they acquire is young and a keeper rather than an old vet filler.

Old
Hugo Sham

who cares? he's worth nothing more than a mid-level pick at best

Old
Bloumeister
Blou Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
lol his level of confidence melted

HabsEdge Erik Riley
If I'm wrong this would be my first time in 4 years,
2 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
My source has never been wrong so far, I'm calling and heading into a conference call to validate this
5 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@justindigi Done deal
27 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@Seb_Bergeron done deal
28 minutes ago

HabsEdge Erik Riley
@iam_fil tTrust me my guys always right
Wow, serious ****

"GET THE PRESIDENT NOW!"

Old
01-10-2012, 11:26 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
there is no way to guess what this group is going to do-- what can be said with some confidence is whatever willbe done will probably be a headscratcher

Old
01-10-2012, 11:26 PM
DJ Breadman

that crasy or crissy whatever his name is on twitter is always wrong, why are you people just accepting that he's traded?

Old
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
imagine if Gainey had traded him for some other veteran C whose contract ran out at the end of the '09 season?
Mathman would have no reason to live any more.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
there is no way to guess what this group is going to do-- what can be said with some confidence is whatever willbe done will probably be a headscratcher
speculation is Gauthier is trying to get a second rd pick for Darche ,and if he can't get one he won't trade him ....semi untouchable ...

Old
PyrettaBlaze

The rumor's been shot down by everyone but for some reason people are still discussing it... Ugh.

Old
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
that crasy or crissy whatever his name is on twitter is always wrong, why are you people just accepting that he's traded?
he twits alot but nothing comes to fruition-- anyonecan do that

Old
01-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
The rumor's been shot down by everyone but for some reason people are still discussing it... Ugh.
Don't you wish you were still a mod now?

Old
01-10-2012, 11:30 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
speculation is Gauthier is trying to get a second rd pick for Darche ,and if he can get one he won't trade him ....semi untouchable ...
Waiting for a 1st round pick. Attaboy, Pierre or should I say Mr Gauthier..

Old
01-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
U mad?

Yeah I think u mad.

Old
01-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Since this has been shot down by, well, everyone, there is no need to continue.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
see, I'm actually fine with getting a pick for a player we had no use for... so in that sense, no big deal.

but as I'm always contending, the key to being a good GM, and the key to being an elite franchise, is asset management.

wether it's a struggling veteran or a 5th round pick, any time you make a roster move, you want to be either
A- getting a quality/premium return for your asset
B- getting an asset that fills a specific need so well that an even or "loss" in the return is ok.

Gauthier, and Gainey before him, simply does not get enough value out of his assets, and while it may be a "small" asset, as wise grannies say "pay attention to your nickels and dimes, and the dollars will take care of themselves.

fixing your mistakes is the sign of a good GM...

unlike our track record of ignoring mistakes or cutting them lose at a loss, he went out and got a serviceable expiring contract veteran in exchange for his bad contract.

Imagine if Gainey had been that good... two months into Gomez's time here, he was doing nothing for us, everyone preached patience, and look where we are now.

Totally a different subject. Whoever I quoted said PG was bad because he was trading Campoli for less then he was traded for last year.

Rutherford isn't a bad GM but traded Kaberle for the same. Less than last year.

I'd prefer a draft pick over an expiring vet too.

Not saying PG is good, but this isn't the type of deal to attack.

On the same note, it looks like this should get locked. But I'm not fluent in French, so hopefully a mod than read it can get this locked, plus I'm on my phone.

Closed Thread