HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will/should the Kings resign either Mitchell or Scuderi?

Old
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

vCash: 500
Will/should the Kings resign either Mitchell or Scuderi?

I think both are a bigger part of this team than they might get credit for. With Martinez and Hickey being capable it is more than likely one will walk.

Should LA be concerned about both of them walking or is it time for new blood on the back line? Will they need a defensive vet presence next year?

Doughty Voynov
JJ Martinez
Greene Hickey
???

Pipe-
Deslauries
Campbell
Forbort
Gravel

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:07 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I think both are a bigger part of this team than they might get credit for. With Martinez and Hickey being capable it is more than likely one will walk.

Should LA be concerned about both of them walking or is it time for new blood on the back line? Will they need a defensive vet presence next year?

Doughty Voynov
JJ Martinez
Greene Hickey
???

Pipe-
Deslauries
Campbell
Forbort
Gravel
I like both of them. Scuds more then Willie but not by much. I guess Scuds health I am more comfortable with.

I rather keep them both and axe Greene.

Doughty - Mitchell
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - A-Mart

Doughty, Johnson need a more increased roll eventually. With Scuds and Willie cant ask for much more.

All i know is Voynov is the next big flavor with the Kings so we need to have him in our line up.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM
123slam

I say keep both. They've been absolute rocks for us. If it ain't broke...

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I like both of them. Scuds more then Willie but not by much. I guess Scuds health I am more comfortable with.

I rather keep them both and axe Greene.

Doughty - Mitchell
Johnson - Scuderi
Voynov - A-Mart

Doughty, Johnson need a more increased roll eventually. With Scuds and Willie cant ask for much more.

All i know is Voynov is the next big flavor with the Kings so we need to have him in our line up.
Yep, I agree with this. Resign both and trade Greene, we can probably get some sort of vaule back for him

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Id like to keep Mitchell for 1 year than next offseason keep 1 and let the other go

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Nex06

Mitchell resign, Scuderi has another year on his contract, let's wait and see.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
When did Hickey become capable? Rookies keep passing him up. Drewiske, Muzzin, Voynov, Martinez....

Boba Fettuccine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Whiskeypete

keep both, they are both solid and obviously have great impact on the D (corp and team overall). my guess is Scuds gets higher priority based on age and health record. still love Greene also, personally i like having half a D corp that does the dirty work and plays it old school style. PMDs with great offensive skills are great to have, but someone has to man the trenches and do the dirty work.

i think Willie will likely leave due to a better offer (term/$) than what LA will offer him. next year i foresee the following: DD, JJ, RS, VV, MG, ?

? is entirely TBD at this point. still think AMart gets moved. DD44 is moved or continues in a 7th man capacity. still hoping for someone maybe like Gleason here, but this spot is going to be tight based on $. LA needs to free some cap room to go shopping

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Shellz

Keep them both.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Keep them both.
This 100 million times.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

It depends on the length of the contract. They will both be 34/35 years of age when their deals expire. If either of them want more than a 2-year deal, I think you have to pass and look elsewhere starting in Manchester.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Mitchell better be resigned; hopefully to the same contract he is currently on. Barring a huge drop-off in play from Scuderi next year, hopefully he is resigned too. They are very under appreciated IMO.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Scuderi proved last night just how valuable he is to the Kings. Ovechkin couldn't do anything against him on a one-on-one standoff. Mitchell is always rock solid and a great vet to keep around the team. He has showed no signs of slowing down. Seeing how well the Kings have been as a defensive unit, it really is imperative for Lombardi to keep this group intact for as long as possible. While the Kings may not have a championship caliber offensive unit, I think they have the blueline and goaltending to take them far.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
SLang

I would say "keep" and "keep"!

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Mitchell is going to he 35, he's not going to resign in LA. He'll have a better chance at a cup somewhere else.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't see why we would let either of them go. We have no one to replace them. Forbort or Gravel would have to be ready for a rookie campaign, which they are both a long way from.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

All depends on how the prospects are doing. First off, I believe Martinez will be traded at the deadline to leave DD48 as our 7th dman. I think Mitchell will be re-signed for 1 year but Scuds will be let go after 2012-2013. Mitchell >>>> Scuderi.

edit: If Scuds or Mitchell aren't re-signed, I would assume Hickey takes their spot.

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
When did Hickey become capable? Rookies keep passing him up. Drewiske, Muzzin, Voynov, Martinez....
Drewiske is a different type of player all together so he hasn't passed up Hickey at all.

I don't see Muzzin up here either......and he is a -8 in Manchester. I wouldn't say that he has "passed by" Hickey by any means.

I say Keep both Scuds and Mitchy but drop Greene. Either let Drewiske play bottom pairing or how about someone like Andrew Campbell or Hickey or Muzzin?

I think both Campbell and Hickey have earned it. Good seasons in the minors this year but not capable of cracking the log jam of Greene Mitchell Scuds at shutdown.

Open up a spot and tell them at camp. Alright gents, one man gets it. GO.

I feel like Campbell should really get his shot next year. Very patient in the minors. Big kid, physical. And Hickey has been good also...team leading +11...how can you not like that?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Mitchell is going to he 35, he's not going to resign in LA. He'll have a better chance at a cup somewhere else.
If a cup was that big of a deal to him, he could've just resigned in Van and had his shot last year. Sure it's probably important that he be in the race for one, but Mitchell has never over his career come off as a mecenary type that just wants to play for a favorite and win a cup. He has always come off as a true team first stand up guy. The Kings throw decent money at him, he'll stick around, if they don't, he'll look elsewhere.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
If a cup was that big of a deal to him, he could've just resigned in Van and had his shot last year. Sure it's probably important that he be in the race for one, but Mitchell has never over his career come off as a mecenary type that just wants to play for a favorite and win a cup. He has always come off as a true team first stand up guy. The Kings throw decent money at him, he'll stick around, if they don't, he'll look elsewhere.
Vancouver didn't Offer him a contract iirc. He had missed most of the year due to concussion. They had moved on.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Vancouver didn't Offer him a contract iirc. He had missed most of the year due to concussion. They had moved on.
Bet they're regretting that decision though....

Having a guy like Mitchell could have made all the difference in the finals...

Alberts a -8 in the playoffs on the bottom pairing.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:02 PM
BringTheReign

This team falls apart when Mitchell is out of the line-up, and I don't think that is a coincidence. I don't see why would let either of them willingly walk if we could help it. Forbort and Deslauriers are aways off as far as development, and I just don't see Muzzin or Martinez playing well enough to warrant losing either of them. Besides, they are both shutdown defensemen and the only prospects we have that fit that bill to a T are Forbort and Muzzin. Muzzin hasn't cracked the roster yet this year, and Forbort, like I said above, is a project.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:03 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Both need to be resigned!

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Nex06

Quote:
I thought that they did offer him a contract, but it was not even close to his market value because of the cap hell they had.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Ollie Weeks

Make great efforts to retain them both as long as reasonably possible.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote