HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle playing time

Old
01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Kaberle playing time

He's averaging about 13 minutes a game the last 3 games. What's up with that? Is he that much of a liability 5 on 5? Really?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
He sucks, period. He's too soft. 13 minutes is too much. He should get PP time but not more.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
gusfring

He's done. He's been done for a year and a half. Everyone could see it except PG. Nice.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
He's averaging about 13 minutes a game the last 3 games. What's up with that? Is he that much of a liability 5 on 5? Really?
Yes. He's a defensive liability.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

The ice time distribution has been rather bad.
There doesn't seem to be any defensive structure to the system being used. Our defense is already pretty weak, so when you don't even protect it by insisting on a strong contribution from our forwards then it exposes it even more.

Our team isn't the best, and we have quite a bit of injuries, but man, we are definitely not as bad as we're currently playing. This is pretty much as bad as we can be right now.
Fans used to criticize Martin a lot for not getting the best out of his players. I think it's quite clear (if it wasn't before) that he truly got the best result from this group. Never understood when fans complained about that. Our team overachieved under JM, it was pretty evident. It's all the more obvious now.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Heimerdinger

What is so funny its that some people a few years ago argued that Kaberle was good defensively.

He has always been a liability defensively. Nothing new.

Heimerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Beakermania*

Habs are playing 7 D right now.

I think they really don't want to sit Emelin or Diaz because they are progressing well.

But at the same time they know they can't sit Campoli or Gill because they want to get max value for them at the deadline.

At the same time, you have forwards like Nokelainen and Darche who can take a seat for a game or 2.

So you have 7 D in the lineup and only Subban and Gorges get their normal minutes.

The other 5 D are all down 2 or 3 minutes each in order to spread them around.

I expect Kaberle to be back in the 16-18 minute mark when they go with 6 D.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Talks to Goalposts

If the team had an extra defensive defenseman like Gorges to shelter him the could play him more. As it is the one Gorges they have is needed to form the first pairing with the other good defenseman so Kaberle has to be given lesser minutes.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

At this point I'm only comfortable with Gorges, Emelin, and Diaz in our zone. The rest scare me to death.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:36 AM
Connor McJesus
Praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Eller View Post
What is so funny its that some people a few years ago argued that Kaberle was good defensively.

He has always been a liability defensively. Nothing new.
Just a few seasons ago he was far from being as bad as he is now

Connor McJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:47 AM
m00ks

Underused. They should pair him with Gorges and ride him.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:12 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Do you really need to ask that? He's defensively terrible, absolutely horrendous. I counted at least 6 or 7 half ass, poorly played in zone plays last night in the first period and a half. He's soft as butter, he sucks 5vs5 and can't get a PP going. I'd rather have Spacek for the year, he's a better dman, but no one wanted to listen at the time of trade. Simply put, Kaberle sucks, his contract for 2 years beyond this year sucks even more.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:14 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
The ice time distribution has been rather bad.
There doesn't seem to be any defensive structure to the system being used. Our defense is already pretty weak, so when you don't even protect it by insisting on a strong contribution from our forwards then it exposes it even more.

Our team isn't the best, and we have quite a bit of injuries, but man, we are definitely not as bad as we're currently playing. This is pretty much as bad as we can be right now.
Fans used to criticize Martin a lot for not getting the best out of his players. I think it's quite clear (if it wasn't before) that he truly got the best result from this group. Never understood when fans complained about that. Our team overachieved under JM, it was pretty evident. It's all the more obvious now.
I think you couldn't be more full of it on this issue, seriously.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:45 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I think you couldn't be more full of it on this issue, seriously.
well, any team dressing Campoli, Gill AND Kaberle is bound to have problems defensively...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:14 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
well, any team dressing Campoli, Gill AND Kaberle is bound to have problems defensively...
Wait, did Cunneyworth sign and trade for these guys? I agree with you, but umm, weren't we all being told that the injury to Campoli was part of the reason why we were losing, he was after all the Hamrlik minutes eating replacement according to some, now he shouldn't be dressed?

The 7 dman being dressed is a pretty good idea imo, especially when you have 2 dman as crappy as gill/kaberle 5vs5, we'd be a better team with spacek. He'd provide the minute eating we need who can match up against top tier players and isn't a liability on the ice in the 3rd period where we have a lead. He's useful, this Kaberle trade was horrible, horrible, horrible.

Kaberle has always been weak, very weak in his own zone, Leaf fans propped him up into Andrei Markov territory, but it was never, ever true, Kaberle was part of the problem in Toronto. I really have to wonder if some of the posters here ever watch non habs games, because judging by the posts, they certainly don't seem to. Kaberle was a bad defensive dman forever and his game has declined to the point where I'd much rather have MAB, he would at least help the PP like he was acquired to do, kabs is brutal, so is Gill. Campoli isn't much better, but at evens he's a slight upgrade imo.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Wait, did Cunneyworth sign and trade for these guys? I agree with you, but umm, weren't we all being told that the injury to Campoli was part of the reason why we were losing, he was after all the Hamrlik minutes eating replacement according to some, now he shouldn't be dressed?

The 7 dman being dressed is a pretty good idea imo, especially when you have 2 dman as crappy as gill/kaberle 5vs5, we'd be a better team with spacek. He'd provide the minute eating we need who can match up against top tier players and isn't a liability on the ice in the 3rd period where we have a lead. He's useful, this Kaberle trade was horrible, horrible, horrible.

Kaberle has always been weak, very weak in his own zone, Leaf fans propped him up into Andrei Markov territory, but it was never, ever true, Kaberle was part of the problem in Toronto. I really have to wonder if some of the posters here ever watch non habs games, because judging by the posts, they certainly don't seem to. Kaberle was a bad defensive dman forever and his game has declined to the point where I'd much rather have MAB, he would at least help the PP like he was acquired to do, kabs is brutal, so is Gill. Campoli isn't much better, but at evens he's a slight upgrade imo.
Campoli is a bum, the only thing he would be good for is moving the puck playing with a bruising defencemen, he is disappointing all around. Anyone who thought he would make a difference was just being hopeful IMO, but I dont remember anyone but HF posters saying he would make a difference. I thought he could possibly help the PP out a little but he didnt even do that. He can cough up the puck like no other though. I dont even know that hamrlik would make a difference this yea, that will never be known because he isnt playing that great in washington but that isnt here either.
Spacek was a steady defensemen, good guy in the room. I have no problem with trading him but getting a guy that doesnt do anything put pass on the PP was not the right peice to trade him for. Never really understood the hate other than he wasnt flashy and couldnt hit the net from 5 feet away.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:36 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Campoli is a bum, the only thing he would be good for is moving the puck playing with a bruising defencemen, he is disappointing all around. Anyone who thought he would make a difference was just being hopeful IMO, but I dont remember anyone but HF posters saying he would make a difference. I thought he could possibly help the PP out a little but he didnt even do that. He can cough up the puck like no other though. I dont even know that hamrlik would make a difference this yea, that will never be known because he isnt playing that great in washington but that isnt here either.
Spacek was a steady defensemen, good guy in the room. I have no problem with trading him but getting a guy that doesnt do anything put pass on the PP was not the right peice to trade him for. Never really understood the hate other than he wasnt flashy and couldnt hit the net from 5 feet away.
I think Campoli is a bum too, always has been, but we heard all the arguments. Wait until he returns, he's only played 30minutes of hockey, bla bla bla, if he was that bad he would of never won a 2.5m arbitration award (Chicago walked away from btw). Now that he's back, a different excuse pops up. It's exactly the opposite from the old excuse. It goes like, any lineup with Campoli/Gill/Kaberle dressed is going to struggle, well, duh, someone should of let the GM know.

Maybe if we could recognize these terrible decisions before they're made we would be better off. Many on here stated that signing Campoli was a waste of 1.75m, since he isn't any better than our own internal options. Many also stated that trading spacek for a Defensively declining Dman who would be unlikely to get the pp going with 2 more years on his contract for an expiring contract was the wrong move. The space at the end of the year was more valuable than any Kabs could provide. AK, our 2nd best winger might be on his way out, if so, this was even worse than imaginable.

They consistently support the moves and then complain about the roster being iced from the very moves that they supported. Kinda bizarre, no?

Old
01-11-2012, 08:08 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
At this point I'm only comfortable with Gorges, Emelin, and Diaz in our zone. The rest scare me to death.
While I like what he brings to the game and to the team, I wouldn't say I'm comfortable with Emelin. He still has some problem to get out of the zone. But he's getting better and better.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Miller Time

Kaberle is who Rutherford thought he was... and we let him off the hook

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I think they are showcasing Campoli and/or Gill for a trade. I find Kaberle has been more than fine since he arrived.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
Where do you get your player evaluations?

Campoli for 1.75 mil as an insurance policy on Markov is a baragain. Too bad he got hurt in his first game. He struggled coming back from the injury, but since sitting out a few games he's playing well.

I find it dumb that people use the first few games back after a bad injury(cost him like 8 weeks) to say that he sucks. The guy has had a solid career and he's been a steady reliable 2 way d-man playing #3-5 minutes. Would be a solid addition to a contender for depth.

Spacek was brutal last year, getting Kaberle for him was highway robbery, if not for all the HF Gauthier haters and their coloured glasses people would see that.

Old
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Erik Estrada

Kaberle was not a good trade. The offensive help has been minimal... Cunneyworth's stuck with hiding him at 5 on 5 to limit the defensive damage.

He's slowed down and is soft as Cottonelle tissue paper. Let's face it, it turns out all the experts and observers were right. Plus the club will need to shell out big money and he'll be almost impossible to move...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Kaberle was not a good trade. The offensive help has been minimal... Cunneyworth's stuck with hiding him at 5 on 5 to limit the defensive damage.

He's slowed down and is soft as Cottonelle tissue paper. Let's face it, it turns out all the experts and observers were right. Plus the club will need to shell out big money and he'll be almost impossible to move...
Who are you talking about?

Old
01-11-2012, 08:35 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

the only things that's terrible is Randy's inexistant plan. I have no idea what he's trying to do.
Every player on this team is looking like a defensive liability.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 08:39 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
He's done. He's been done for a year and a half. Everyone could see it except PG. Nice.
Same with Gainey with Gomez

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote