HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Tom Gilbert Sidelined For One Month

Old
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post

The Oilers can't win. In the Eberle thread it is "what only 2 to 3 weeks, hope he isn't coming back to soon"

In this thread "it's one month, stupid Oilers I thought they said it going to be next game"

This board is getting funny to read again.
At the time they probably didn't know how serious the injury was. The team was on the road and played the next day in Buffalo. They probably couldn't get an MRI. The ankle injury was probably worse than they thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The board is obviously getting out of hand but i can understand the beef in this particular situation. I forgot who said it last week but the talk was about Gilbert coming back in one of the games last week and now he's out a month? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, we have seen this movie way too many times over the past couple of seasons.
Richard Cloutier over at Hockey Buzz thought Gilbert would play against St. Louis. I don't think the team ever said he was playing against St. Louis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Before we take what the team says to the bank the day of an injury it might be time to start waiting til guys actually see a doctor. Even Renney today what did he say "I didn't see the MRI, but it doesn't sound bad".
Sometimes you think it will get better and then get worse over the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrusDH View Post
just a reminder:

i still think the guy got lucky. could have been a lot worse.

too bad they didn't know the extent of the injury before the suspension to Carcillo. maybe he would have gotten more games.
No kidding. I'm surprised it's actually only a month. An ankle shouldn't bend like that. I bet he would have gotten more as well. That's the trouble with getting injuries on the road. They don't have access to an MRI like they do at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
So....people get mad when they say the Oilers don't give them info on injuries.....and then, when they finally do come out and hazard a guess on one of them (gee, like that's never happened in pro sports before) before the docs have given their final analysis, they apparently should have kept their mouths shut until then........unbelievable.........they just can't keep some folks happy, no matter what.........
Barker was originally only supposed to be out a month and then after the MRI, it turned out that he needed surgery and out 3 months. Teams don't get MRIs on the road so they had to wait to get home.

01-10-2012, 09:52 PM
nullterm

Quote:
Originally Posted by subnet View Post
so anyone know when that d-bad Carcillo will be back from his suspension?
Watched a Hawks game last week, commentator said he might be done for the season. Apparently tore up his knee pretty good when Gilbert landed on his leg. Karma anyone?

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullterm View Post
Watched a Hawks game last week, commentator said he might be done for the season. Apparently tore up his knee pretty good when Gilbert landed on his leg. Karma anyone?
Wish that would happen more often. Perhaps then the cheap shots would stop.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Wish that would happen more often. Perhaps then the cheap shots would stop.
Not good karma to wish season ending injuries on someone Narnia.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
So cheap shots on the good players in the NHL is fine. It's karma what happened with Carcillo.

Old
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
At this point I don't believe karma has anything left...unless Hemsky trips over his bottom lip.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:13 AM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
look on the bright side, it gives us an excuse to trade for a top 4 dman finally

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Wyrm

Quote:
just a reminder:

i still think the guy got lucky. could have been a lot worse.

too bad they didn't know the extent of the injury before the suspension to Carcillo. maybe he would have gotten more games.
Every time I see this picture my knees immediately flare up. Thank goodness I'm already done with my daily cardio. Man, I feel envy of people whose joints can take so much abuse and recover in 1 month only. I also wonder what kind of medication they keep him on during rehab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
look on the bright side, it gives us an excuse to trade for a top 4 dman finally
... or to tank.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:21 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm ****ing happy (yep... glad, chuffed and grateful as well) that Carcillo might be done for the year. The ****er could have maimed Gilbert with that attack into the boards. I have not one single drop of pity that Carcillo was injured and don't give a **** if he never plays again.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:24 AM
oakfield

Regardless of the estimated time he'll be out, this injury is unbelievable. Top two forwards, and arguably top two D out... AGAIN. And this time it's perhaps our one and only ironman in Gilbert. Is it ever going to end?!

Silver lining is Tambo can't hide the utter lack of depth on this team. Calls for some tradeline/off season moves should intensify. But then again... when has he ever listened?

oakfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I don't usually wish injury upon anyone but I can't say I'm upset to hear this.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0psh3lfclu7ch View Post
Dregger said this morning on the Team 1260's morning show that Tambo is the most active GM pursuing a d-man these days.

So where there is smoke there is fire, expect to have Jaro Spacek in a few days.

Old
01-11-2012, 09:42 AM
phaedrusDH

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Dregger said this morning on the Team 1260's morning show that Tambo is the most active GM pursuing a d-man these days.

So where there is smoke there is fire, expect to have Jaro Spacek in a few days.
thanks for posting this. interesting comment and good to know Tambo is shopping. it'll be interesting to see if he tries to swing for the fences, or brings in a stop-gap. either way, it should be someone with potential.

phaedrusDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
thanks for posting this. interesting comment and good to know Tambo is shopping. it'll be interesting to see if he tries to swing for the fences, or brings in a stop-gap. either way, it should be someone with potential.
Yeah pretty much, as long as he brings in proven talent it will go a long ways to helping this club. He(Tambo) said in his interview yesterday that they wanted to keep Petry and Teubert in the AHL more this season but due to injuries they haven't been able to. I say they need to do what it takes to bring in a couple vets and get those two back to the AHL.

Old
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post

I'd take him back.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
I found this article on ESPNs site, it neither confirms nor denies his season is done, but it appears to be a high possibly:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...o-need-surgery

Fuhryous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Eddy Oiler*

Does it really matter anymore? Really?

Eddy Oiler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Schmidt View Post
I cringe whenever I look at his ankle. I assume that the concussion was not serious.
Was there ever anything said that he had a concussion. There was no mention of a concussion.

Last edited by Narnia: 01-11-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 11:21 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Was there every anything said that he had a concussion. There was no mention of a concussion.
I believe it was first knee, then the ankle.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Confirming CHI reports: Carcillo done for year. ACL.
https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzi...49193892265984

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Karma lol

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote