HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

vCash: 500
Scott Gomez traded for Sidney Crosby.
Stanley Cup.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Guiness time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Check e-bay for everything really. Atleast for the fake jerseys. You'll find great prices. Just buy from north america so shipping takes less than 3 weeks.

I think half of my family I got them gift cards, futureshop, itunes, playstation network. I know they'll like it, so it's perfect.

For my gf, planning on getting her some RBK Zigtech shoes, she kept looking at a specific color that she saw at sports experts.. I'm trying to find it cheaper online, but impossible.

I am at 100 dollars spent, and I still have about 5 more people to go. This may be the most expensive christmas ever.
I always buy my shows in NY/Vermont, so much cheaper than Canada, plus you get to smuggle merchandise across the border, good times!

Old
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
neofury*

I got a blender from Kitchen Aid recently. It was 100$ but can be found online for 80$. Anyways I had a previous blender that was a hand me down and another cheap 60$ blender. Both were garbage. This one is solid though. Not sure what you're looking to spend but I could dig up the model # for you if you'd like to check it out. Most reviews gave it 4/5 stars, it isn't quality of a 2-3 hundred dollar one but it's legit in the bang for buck department.

As per family I'm planning on getting my dad Rock Smith for PS3. He's a guitarist and while the songs are easy I could see him downloading harder DLC songs like freebird and also playing with the in game pedals. Being a guitar nerd it's right up his alley.

For my mom I'll probably get her something from Chapters. For my brother will get him some kind of music toy. He loves anything with music. For once this year it should be fairly easy to shop for most of my family.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Guiness time

where can you order mcfarlane hockey players on-line? have any of you ordered from one of these sites?

Old
12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
supper with Jock Climie tonight !

Old
12-05-2011, 03:12 PM
SB164

Anybody else going to the Bon Iver show tonight at the Metropolis?

Old
12-05-2011, 08:26 PM
JHabs61

Not sure if this is thread worthy, But our gangster had a baby boy on Dec.4th!
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=66&id=139952

Welcome to the hockey life, Matthias Plekanec!

Congrats Tomas! and his Czech popstar wife(as seen on Nos Canadiens)!

Old
12-05-2011, 10:34 PM
rudii
Rookie User

Hey guys,

I went to Ottawa to watch the Habs Nov.4 and I noticed a number of people wearing Habs sweatshirts similar to this...

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/i...id=body_rv_txt

...but not exactly like that if I remember correctly. There is another one on that site like that but I don't think its the right one either. I believe the logo was bigger but I'm not sure anymore. Maybe the picture is a little different then what it actually is?

I would like to get it for my sister for Christmas and any help finding the sweater would be great. Thanks.

Old
12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

It's Mark Visentin Awareness Week. It's time to put an end to the madness and speak out about Mark Visentin. Get tested for Mark Visentin.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:26 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Well christopher hitchens just died.

There goes my day

Old
12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
i am doing a school project and am wondering if anyone has a les canadien from 08-09

if you do pm me

Old
12-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Fergy22

Blasphemy on Poutine. It is now served with Tator Tots !!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/endles...6pLid%3D123234

Old
01-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Garry Valk

OT: Van Halen back together, live surprise show tonight - stream link

I know there are a few big Van Halen fans on here. They are back with David Lee Roth, and the show is being streamed live at 8 EST from a club in New York City.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cafewhanyc

Enjoy!

Old
01-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

I don't see it

Old
01-05-2012, 08:08 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I know there are a few big Van Halen fans on here. They are back with David Lee Roth, and the show is being streamed live at 8 EST from a club in New York City.

Enjoy!
It is 8 ESt and I don't see anything, lol

Old
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
llamateizer

tomorrow is january 7th

Free Quebec flag will be given tomorrow @ bell center around 5pm!!

Signed Mouvement Quebec Francais

Old
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
hotcarle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post

Enjoy!
Michael Anthony or Wolfgang Van Halen? It's never a bad thing when a great band gets back together. I have a lot of time for Eddie Van Halen (aka the most technically proficient rock guitarist of all time).

Old
01-11-2012, 11:04 AM
njdevil26

Moving to Montreal

Hello everyone. I want to preface this by saying that I have no idea where to put this on HFBoards. I was looking around and couldn't find a sort of off topic section and I didn't want to put this in the main hockey talking sections. If this needs to be moved or deleted, I can deal with it. I just thought this was a good chance to get some opinions of the people that live in Quebec.

I have lived in North Jersey my entire life. New York City is amazing and I am there at least four or five times a month hanging out and doing anything fun that I can find. It just doesn't seem that this is where I want to be. I have visited and stayed in Montreal a bunch of times and I absolutely love it. I would honestly say I enjoy it more than New York City. It just has a lot of culture and character compared to what we have here. I have been trying to learn French because I love the language. Also, the cost of living in NYC and North NJ is just through the roof. If I am correct, I think it is the most expensive area to live in in the entire USA. I've heard that the cost of living is more reasonable in Montreal as well. I want to be somewhere that has culture and the possibility of living comfortably without having to make six figure plus jobs.

My other option is to go live in Italy. My family is still largely over there and I'd have a place to stay and probably a job until I got the hang of things and I speak Italian... but I'm 24 and I don't want the rest of my life to fly by without taking some chances and doing the things I want to do.

Thoughts?

How about those from Quebec? Do you enjoy where you live?

Old
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
saskganesh

I don't live in Montreal, but I am almost twice your age, and I think you should take the risk.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
njdevil26

There are so many intangibles. I hear it's virtually impossible for an American to gain Canadian citizenship. So I guess the information I hope to get with this discussion is two fold... first, economically how it is to live there... and second, entertainment, culture, fun, and so on.

Old
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
shiram

Leaving Habs Inside out, that place has become a zoo.
Hopefully can get some interesting discussion about the Habs on Hockey on here.
Cheers everyone.

Old
01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post
I always buy my shows in NY/Vermont, so much cheaper than Canada, plus you get to smuggle merchandise across the border, good times!
Noted for future reference.

Old
01-18-2012, 09:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
There are so many intangibles. I hear it's virtually impossible for an American to gain Canadian citizenship. So I guess the information I hope to get with this discussion is two fold... first, economically how it is to live there... and second, entertainment, culture, fun, and so on.
Not necessarily.

Main page for wanting to Immigrate to Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

You have to find out if you meet one of the specific classes. Are you a "skilled" worker?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

Canadian Experience class is another option if you want to study up here of if you get a temporary work permit and want to stay later as a permanent resident.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

There is also the investor/business owner or self employed class but for this one you have to invest $800,000 into Canada and own and run a business in Canada or be self employed but have to have relevant experience to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada or manage/own a farm.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...ness/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ligibility.asp

You can also look into getting a work permit to start.

Quote:
Eligibility to apply from outside Canada

To apply for a work permit from outside Canada, you must submit the following documents:

a job offer from a Canadian employer
a completed application, that shows that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and
written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.
In most cases, it is up to your employer to get that written confirmation. Information on the labour market opinion is found under Information for Canadian employers on the right-hand side of this page.
In some cases, you do not need a labour market opinion. (See Jobs that require a work permit but no labour market opinion.)
You must also do the following:

Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit.
Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada.
Respect the law and have no criminal record. (You may have to provide a police clearance certificate. See Police Certificates for more information.
Show that you are not a risk to the security of Canada.
Be in good health. (You may have to have a medical examination.)

Old
01-18-2012, 09:48 AM
zeeto

Does anyone know where I could find a "future habs fan" shirt? We just found out my wife is pregnant with our first kid and I wanted to get her one of those shirts.

We saw them at the habs zone the last time we were up in Montreal, but we won't be back for a game until mid-March. I checked the Habs online store, Amazon, and a bunch of online stores that said they had them, but really didn't.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:21 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
my 60GB PS3 just got the yellow light

anyone else had this problem and anyone know how to fix it

Closed Thread