HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Schenn coming to Philly? (Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News)

Old
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to something like Coburn+ for Schenn just to unite the brothers.

But as far as JVR for Schenn, just no.
Coburn right now is better than Schenn.

It also defeats the purpose if we're moving a defenseman to acquire a defenseman.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
You wouldn't come close to:

Giroux, JVR, Voracek, Couturier, or B. Schenn (based on organizational opinion not necessarily current value).
I'd venture to say there is no trade to be made between us then.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:44 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

It also defeats the purpose if we're moving a defenseman to acquire a defenseman.
That statement is highly debatable.

And yes, for the immediate time it would defeat the purpose. I was looking more long term.

I also happen to be a big fan of Luke's game.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'd offer one of the following:

Read+3rd Rounder

1st+Gus or Bourdon+Prospect that is further away like Cousins or Lauridsen

If either of those stick I'd go with it. Not sure what the counters would look like or if these proposals would get laughed out of the room. Just my thoughts.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Read+3rd Rounder

1st+Gus or Bourdon+Prospect that is further away like Cousins or Lauridsen

If either of those stick I'd go with it. Not sure what the counters would look like or if these proposals would get laughed out of the room. Just my thoughts.
Leafs will never agree. That's a joke of a offer.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

Read+3rd Rounder
This isn't terrible, but I would think the Leafs would want more.
Quote:
1st+Gus
Again, not terrible but Leafs likely want more.
Quote:
or Bourdon+Prospect that is further away like Cousins or Lauridsen
This is horrible.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:

It defeats the purpose for Toronto equally. They have a glut of defencemen but are short on top end forwards (especially with size)...so trading Schenn for a similar type of defencemen serves us no purpose either.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Not sure about this..depends on the cost and I don't care how buddy buddy our GM is with theirs...it didn't stop Burke from offering us garbage for Carter. Luckily Holmgren didn't bite.

One of the positives of having both brothers on this team would be from a chemistry standpoint. It would help Braydon no doubt and since the team is more about harmony in the locker room and having character guys like Max and Jags it would make sense in that respect..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Corbeau View Post
It defeats the purpose for Toronto equally. They have a glut of defencemen but are short on top end forwards (especially with size)...so trading Schenn for a similar type of defencemen serves us no purpose either.
Schenn+ for Voracek?

Old
01-11-2012, 11:52 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Schenn+ for Voracek?
I'd consider...

Schenn + 2nd for Voracek.

I'd also like to field...

Schenn + McKegg for Read + 1st.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Not sure I would offer Voro for Schenn....Voro is key in Lavi's system even if he doesn't always score. He carries the play alot ..end to end in many instances. He reminds of Gartner and the way he used to open up the ice. I would offer JVR over Voro believe it or not...

Old
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Not sure I would offer Voro for Schenn....Voro is key in Lavi's system even if he doesn't always score. He carries the play alot ..end to end in many instances. He reminds of Gartner and the way he used to open up the ice. I would offer JVR over Voro believe it or not...
Would not. I feel like we have plenty of puck possession guys and less finishers.

I think JVR is more important to the future of this organization.

Old
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
This isn't terrible, but I would think the Leafs would want more.

Again, not terrible but Leafs likely want more.

This is horrible.
There are only two offers there. [Read] + [3rd] is one offer and [First rounder] + [Gus or Bourdon] + [prospect like Cousins or Lauridsen] is the other.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Would not. I feel like we have plenty of puck possession guys and less finishers.

I think JVR is more important to the future of this organization.
I like JVR but Voro reminds me of the Williams situation where we gave up on him too early and we saw what Williams did in Lavi's system in Carolina and apart from the injuries he's become a pretty good player. Voro has it in him to finish although I don't like when he downplays himself in that respect....

Old
01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Sundinisagod
next great swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Not sure about this..depends on the cost and I don't care how buddy buddy our GM is with theirs...it didn't stop Burke from offering us garbage for Carter. Luckily Holmgren didn't bite.

One of the positives of having both brothers on this team would be from a chemistry standpoint. It would help Braydon no doubt and since the team is more about harmony in the locker room and having character guys like Max and Jags it would make sense in that respect..
Out of curiousity, what was Burke's offer for Carter? My understanding was that Burke wasn't interest in Carter because his shoot first style wouldn't have meshed with Kessel

Quote:
Schenn+ for Voracek?
The value is there (depending on the +) but I think Burke won't trade him for a Euro player (just my gut feeling)

Old
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I am sorry but is this guy even reliable? Cuz it sorta sounds like im chasing a possible echo

also i dunno when burkie gave this interview:
Burke has a history of making the bulk of his trades before the NHL’s popular deadline.
"I do try to get my lineup set well in advance of the deadline," Burke told ESPN.com on Friday. "I’ve never been a deadline guy. So January is when I try to make a splash. We are listening to a lot right now, and there is a good chance something will happen ...”

I know he usually does this but i haven't seen any interview from him for that if anyone can link me?

I can tell you off the bat if you are going for luke schenn, you would be willing to give either JVR or Couturier because he's very highly valued in the organization and trust me...he is usually the last guy on burke's list to trade since the day he stepped in. Burkie has always kept schenn in the safe and locked that safe in another safe and then ate the key probably to make sure no one gets.

Realistically the people i think you might look for is Franson(who is finally showing improvement in his defensive game and actually dishing out great hits shockingly, as he never did much in nashville) or gunnarsson(prolly our most consistent and smartest defensemen only second to liles perhaps, and gives it his all without any trouble or anything). Mayhaps liles but i couldn't tell you because he has been a crucial piece in keeping our powerplay afloat from the point.

Anyways i like you guys and your team, and unlike the leaf fans who want schenn im more of a couturier fan so im very happy he is working out for you guys!

01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I can tell you off the bat if you are going for luke schenn, you would be willing to give either JVR or Couturier because he's very highly valued in the organization and trust me...he is usually the last guy on burke's list to trade since the day he stepped in.
Then there's no use talking about L. Schenn. That conversation is over. There's very little chance you get either of them.

Quote:
Realistically the people i think you might look for is Franson(who is finally showing improvement in his defensive game and actually dishing out great hits shockingly, as he never did much in nashville) or gunnarsson(prolly our most consistent and smartest defensemen only second to liles perhaps, and gives it his all without any trouble or anything). Mayhaps liles but i couldn't tell you because he has been a crucial piece in keeping our powerplay afloat from the point.
None of those really help us.

Jake Gardiner would.

Otherwise, we're probably going to just get a rental like Gleason and then head after bigger fish in the offseason.

Quote:
Out of curiousity, what was Burke's offer for Carter? My understanding was that Burke wasn't interest in Carter because his shoot first style wouldn't have meshed with Kessel
Apparently what happened was that Kadri and Kulemin were dangled for one of our top centers. You guys wanted Richards, and we were dangling Carter.

We got a better offer for Richards and a better offer for Carter.

Quote:
The value is there (depending on the +) but I think Burke won't trade him for a Euro player (just my gut feeling)
I'd want a 2nd and even then I'm still reluctant to make the trade. And Voracek does not play like a Euro honestly.

Last edited by CS: 01-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
turkinaa

What is will always come down to are the pieces being moved and the price on the players. Getting L Schenn would be nice, but not if it costs us something such as JVR and a pick and a prospect or maybe even JVR alone. Homer does not want to break up the chemistry the team has to fill holes or create more holes so I would have to think that he would want to deal prospects and picks (maybe even sending over a small salary dump) to make it happen which would result in probably some form of overpayment.

In the end there is just too much speculation since it is very possible no trade will occur or L Schenn is not even part of it and we're all almost expecting it to cost too much to get him. I would almost worry that dealing with the Leafs you would have to over pay because (1) they're an Eastern team we play against and (2) they paid a heavy price for Kessel and probably want to build around him rather than just ship out L Schenn for picks/spects.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to something like Coburn+ for Schenn just to unite the brothers.

But as far as JVR for Schenn, just no.
Holy counterproductivity, batman

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Then there's no use talking about L. Schenn. That conversation is over. There's very little chance you get either of them.
pretty much really.

Quote:
None of those really help us.

Jake Gardiner would.

Otherwise, we're probably going to just get a rental like Gleason and then head after bigger fish in the offseason.
I dont think burkie would move gardiner that quickly after getting him especially seeing how well he pairs with schenn really. Question is who is going to be the big fish you want, i can see wideman as a good target but i dunno if the caps will let him go yet though and the possible suter i guess

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

anyways but is this guy a good guy to even read about i though he was sorta the ousted reporter like berger and simmons in philly

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
DUHockey9

I'd trade JVR for Schenn+. But everyone knows I'm fed up with JVR haha.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
anyways but is this guy a good guy to even read about i though he was sorta the ousted reporter like berger and simmons in philly
Meltzer and SanFilippo are probably the only writers endorsed by the Flyers board at HF. Seravalli isn't particularly bad like some others though. This article was clearly just his speculation though, not necessarily to report any kind of potential trade.

Old
Kaktus*

Quote:
Dude is a clown. Says the guy with chimp avatar.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

I dont think either side are good trading partners when it comes to Luke Schenn

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote