HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche (Do It)

Old
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Smith hasn't been clicking at ES for two months now. Limit his minutes, get him against lower defensive pairings, simplify his game, try to get him going again. Once Smithson is back and McGrattan sits it becomes a scrappy line with a guy who is great at the dot, a talented winger willing to shoot the puck from anywhere, and a guy who can get dirty goals down low. It isn't a premiere line by any means, but, it has the potential to create a some havoc similar to what the Tootoo/Spaling/Bourque-Wilson line has done since late Nov.
Speaking of McCrappan, he's still on pace to play over 50 games this season. It's impressive that the Preds are currently in a playoff spot playing one forward down so many games this season.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
predfan98

I saw the same thing with Fisher last night and wondered where he was hurt. He hasn't looked well in a while.

I wonder if when Smithson is "back" from whatever, do you put smith in Fishers place and leave mcgrattan and smithson on the 4th line.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I saw the same thing with Fisher last night and wondered where he was hurt. He hasn't looked well in a while.

I wonder if when Smithson is "back" from whatever, do you put smith in Fishers place and leave mcgrattan and smithson on the 4th line.
I sure hope so.. injuries or whatever it is, fisher has sucked pretty bad 75% of the season.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe we should have gone for Chris Kelly? He went for a lower draft pick and has nearly twice the goals of Fisher. Who saw that one last year when many around the league had no interest in Kelly.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
hindsight is 20/20...

I mean, we could always go back and re-do the 2003 draft.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

not saying we should have gotten Kelly. Just found it amusing how it worked out to this point. It was unanimous around the league that Fisher was worth it and Kelly was practically done. Guess the B's didn't overpay after all.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:48 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
not saying we should have gotten Kelly. Just found it amusing how it worked out to this point. It was unanimous around the league that Fisher was worth it and Kelly was practically done. Guess the B's didn't overpay after all.
It also helps that he is playing on the Bruins. Seems like everyone there is having a great year. Probably wouldn't have had near the success stat wise here. But he's still a very solid player.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote