HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Luke Schenn coming to Philly? (Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News)

Old
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I'd trade JVR for Schenn+. But everyone knows I'm fed up with JVR haha.
Never a good idea man lol. Who knows you might end up with a lee stempniak trade like us....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Meltzer and SanFilippo are probably the only writers endorsed by the Flyers board at HF. Seravalli isn't particularly bad like some others though. This article was clearly just his speculation though, not necessarily to report any kind of potential trade.
Ah okay, ive read few of his article and personally didnt find much...depth or writing in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Dude is a clown. Says the guy with chimp avatar.
It's okay i take your words more seriously....know this you should listen to the chimp as well when or if you are reading simmons or berger stuff lol

01-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

The guy that would actually help the Flyers is Keith Aulie, who isn't mentioned in the article. He'd be the perfect big defensive D we need (we need more size on D) and an upgrade on Bourdon.

The Leafs have him and Franson as potential chips to acquire help at forward. The question is, who could we give up? Zolnierczyk and a Phantom?

I can't see the Flyers giving up a good young player like Voracek or JVR for only Luke Schenn. I love Luke Schenn, but he's not THAT good, and his contract is not cheap.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Meltzer and SanFilippo are probably the only writers endorsed by the Flyers board at HF. Seravalli isn't particularly bad like some others though. This article was clearly just his speculation though, not necessarily to report any kind of potential trade.
I think it's fair game to speculate on the only factual content of the article: that Don Luce is spending a lot of time watching the Leafs play.

Given the Leafs' surplus on D, and our need to add one, it makes perfect sense that the Flyers are looking at all the Leafs' D.

I guess it just depends on which one and how much?

Old
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
duffy9748

I wouldn't deal JVR/Voracek/Couturier/Schenn/Simmonds for Schenn. Simmonds is the only one out of that group with lesser value than Schenn and I'd like to keep him around. I'd do something around Matt Read though. As others have said, JVR/Voracek/Schenn/Couturier are only going in a deal that brings back a legitimate #1 dman.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Nitrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
I wouldn't deal JVR/Voracek/Couturier/Schenn/Simmonds for Schenn. Simmonds is the only one out of that group with lesser value than Schenn and I'd like to keep him around. I'd do something around Matt Read though. As others have said, JVR/Voracek/Schenn/Couturier are only going in a deal that brings back a legitimate #1 dman.
Then lock this thread up, no need to talk. Only way he would ever get dealt would be for those guys. It would probably more likely but wont happen B.Schenn going to Toronto then Luke coming to Philly.

Last edited by Nitrock: 01-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Nitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I dont think either side are good trading partners when it comes to Luke Schenn
This is how it seems.

01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrock View Post
Then lock this thread up, no need to talk. Only way he would ever get dealt would be for those guys. It would probably more likely B.Schenn going to Toronto then Luke coming to Philly.
No, not likely at all really.

Old
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
No, not likely at all really.
Yep. The centerpiece of the Richards trade is definitely going nowhere unless a franchise Dman is coming back.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
haha, man i never realized who wrote it either. "capable repalcement" for Carle.....they are 2 completely different players Frank!

ok nvm, he's just slowing **** out of his ass (as usual)

I don't expect us to go after Luke simply because he would cost too much. also, he's not as good as leafs fan say he is

we have much better options out there for what we want that are better players and will cost less
90% of the time, almost anyone would be more capable than Carle.

Hate mail me if you want but he is overrated, undertalented and plays far too many minutes for my liking.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
90% of the time, almost anyone would be more capable than Carle.

Hate mail me if you want but he is overrated, undertalented and plays far too many minutes for my liking.
I agree with this. Many don't. Carle is in my top 4 most hated Flyers along with Therien, Randy Jones and Tony Amonte.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:04 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
We've been over this many times, and the general consensus is it doesn't make sense for either party.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Can the thread title be changed.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I agree with this. Many don't. Carle is in my top 4 most hated Flyers along with Therien, Randy Jones and Tony Amonte.
there's a lot more players to hate over Amonte and Therien. Mike York and Kyle Calder to name a few. Michael Leighton.....

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:30 PM
bryzgalovsky*

it's weird that people just speculate like this because they are brothers

there is no evidence that the flyers are even interested

in fact there is no evidence the flyers will make any deal at all, but people keep throwing out names

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
it's weird that people just speculate like this because they are brothers

there is no evidence that the flyers are even interested

in fact there is no evidence the flyers will make any deal at all, but people keep throwing out names
I think it's pretty evident that they need to do something. Plus, when have the flyers ever been quiet at the deadline?

I think we all know homer would make a deal even if we didn't need anything...

Last edited by orange is better: 01-11-2012 at 02:03 PM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

*coming in peace*

Schenn isnt going anywhere unless hes part of a deal for an established 1st line C (only winger I could see Burke dealing him for is Ryan). So that probably means hes not going anywhere.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
tuckrr

1. G
2. Cooter
3. Schenn
4a. JvR- 4b. Voracek
5. Read
6. Simmonds
7. Defensive Prospects (gus/MAB/Marsh)

There is no reason for us to move anyone above #5 on that list. I'd rather us either package picks + 5/6/7 or just use our draft pick then move any of 1-4.

I mean, we COULD just draft a really good D-Prospect, or trade up like 10 spots and draft and even BETTER D-prospect.

Doing that beats swapping Luke Schenn for JvR all day imo

TL;DR
We shouldnt trade for a Dman unless they are AMAZING. otherwise lets draft.
(I would shoot for Adam Larsson though, if we could ever pry him out of NJ for anything but G/Cooter)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I think it's pretty evident that they need to do something. Plus, when have the flyers ever been quiet at the deadline?

when have we not needed anything?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Beat me to it.

I'd do it if we didn't have to trade our Schenn or JVR (or Voracek too). I'd deal Read though (flame on).
To me, Read is the next Patrick Sharp. If we aren't patient with this guy, we'll trade him and he'll score 30 goals for another team.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post

they do need to do something but there hasn't even been a whisper of a deal being negotiated and holmgren has pretty much publically admitted he has no options left

what the fans think a team needs to do and what their general managers actually do seem to be two different things in philadelphia

pretty much everyone knew the eagles needed to get a better linebacker but they didn't, everyone knows the phillies need to sign better hitters but they signed bench hitters and a closer, now everyone knows the flyers need to improve their defense but nothing seems to be happening even though it's been weeks since pronger and gustafsson went down

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:46 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd offer one of the following:

Read+3rd Rounder

1st+Gus or Bourdon+Prospect that is further away like Cousins or Lauridsen

If either of those stick I'd go with it. Not sure what the counters would look like or if these proposals would get laughed out of the room. Just my thoughts.
Read has seriously cooled off as of late. I doubt that Read + 1st would get it done for the Leafs.

Schenn is a much more physical version of Coburn. With us just signing Coburn to a nice extension there is no way we are trading him. Seeing how the Leafs are overflowing as defense I can't see them taking a dman back in return so it would most likely have to be a forward and/or picks/prospects. Maybe something like Simmonds + 1st + 2nd or Simmonds + Read + pick (1st or 2nd, don't know what it would take). Flyers fans are going to ***** that we aren't giving up that much and Leafs fans are going to ***** because they are going to want a "significant" forward (like JVR/Voracek/Schenn/Couturier). If the Flyers aren't going to give up any of their top end forwards then they are going to have to significantly over pay with quality 2nd tier guys to get someone like Schenn.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The guy that would actually help the Flyers is Keith Aulie, who isn't mentioned in the article. He'd be the perfect big defensive D we need (we need more size on D) and an upgrade on Bourdon.

The Leafs have him and Franson as potential chips to acquire help at forward. The question is, who could we give up? Zolnierczyk and a Phantom?

I can't see the Flyers giving up a good young player like Voracek or JVR for only Luke Schenn. I love Luke Schenn, but he's not THAT good, and his contract is not cheap.
Aulie is definitely available. I'll drive him to the airport .

Harry Z and a pick maybe?

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
This says nothing of Luke Schenn, its all speculation by the blogger. Luke signed a 5 year deal; he aint going anywhere; the coach and GM love him.

IMO it will probably be Komisarek.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
This says nothing of Luke Schenn, its all speculation by the blogger. Luke signed a 5 year deal; he aint going anywhere; the coach and GM love him.

IMO it will probably be Komisarek.
True, it's just speculation based on Don Luce going to Leaf games, something that preceded the Versteeg deal last year.

Not likely to be Komi either - two more years at $4.5M? We can't take on any extra years, because the cap room we're using is Pronger's $4.9M and we don't know if he can come back for next year or not, and any cap room we have will go to chasing Suter.

If we're going after a rental vet D with a bigger price tag, it will likely be someone like Gleason, Allen, Spacek, Sarich or Beauchemin, someone who is on an expiring contract and will be UFA.

Is Jeff Finger's contract finally expiring?

Old
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

[QUOTE=phlocky;42306593]Read has seriously cooled off as of late. I doubt that Read + 1st would get it done for the Leafs.

Really?

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote