HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your Top 10 HABS Prospects!

Old
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Felix Perreault

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
ouch what a terrible list!
That's was my FAVORITE, not the best ... It's pretty much different !

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How many 20-25 goal scorers do you need? AK is one, Cammy and Gionta have both scored 30+, Plekanec 25+, Cole is on pace for 30. Pacioretty 20+

If Gallagher was projecting to be a 30-40 gaol guy in the NHL then yeah he should be ahead of LeBlanc Tinordi Beaulieu etc
Going into yesterdays half season mark only 3 guys are currently on pace to hit 20 goals (Cole 34, Pac 24 and Kosty 23) so clearly we sorely lack goal scorers so far this year and last year we had only 3 hit 20. Granted there's still hope others like Pleks/Cammy/Gio heat up and who knows what our offense would have done if they weren't under a defensive coach as we know these guys can score goals since they have done it in the past but our lack of goal scorers really hurts imo.

I don't know know Gallagher good enough to guess where his goal scoring upside is in the NHL, but even if he can be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer I'd take that over what I think the rest will bring to the Habs aside from Beaulieu and Leblanc, maybe Kristo if he can improve on his consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
That's one hell of a Dogs team next year. These guys will build an attitude together next year on the Dogs. Some will get a bit of an NHL try too. It looks good.
the dogs should have a very interesting team to watch next year, looking forward to seeing how the roster shapes up.

Quote:
A good comparable to Bournival is TJ Oshie, about the same size, both are hard working character guys, not the most skilled but enough to put up decent points and they work their bag off every shift.
Would be great if Bournival could turn into an Oshie type minus the injury problems. I don't think he compares that well as Oshie seems more physical and he was a stud in the NCAA and is having a big year for STL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Call me crazy, but Tinordi is probably my top prospect for the habs. He fits such a need, and his type is a valuable commodity. His realistic upside to me is something along the lines of a 20-25 point defensive defensman, who can handle his own in the opposition zone, and physically dominate in the defensive zone. He also has the upside to be a light heavyweight in this league. I think people are overreacting to him getting his face broken, he wasn't KO'd, he just suffered an injury that could happen to anybody. Considering his bloodlines, and considering his size potential (6'7" 240lbs or so), I think he could be a guy who could at least step up to the Lucic and Thorntons of the world, if not the Charas and Scotts.

Overall this profiles as a #2 defenseman in my book.
That would be great if he could turn into a solid stay at home type that puts up 20-25 points. I'm not sure he has the offensive game to do that but I haven't seen enough of him to really say just yet. Personally I don't expect much from him in the way of offensive production and while that's not a big concern to me as I still think he will be a very solid NHLer for us some day, I see him in a lesser role but an important one. Perhaps he will turn into a #2, that's what you want from a 1st round pick, but even if he turns out be a more of a bottom pairing type then he still should bring a lot to the table since the Habs sorely need some to clear the crease along with his physical game and grit.

Quote:
He doesn't really need to get too many points in order to make an impact. Guys that size with mobility that can read the play and have a mean streak are almost non existant.

80% of Chara's value is in his defensive game, hvaing a good slap shot and getting points on the PP you can always find somebody to do that, who knows Tinordi could develop his and play a similar role down the road.
I think a lot of Chara's value is in his physical imposing game along with his defensive game and offensive abilities. He is one of the top D in the league for the package he brings. If Tinordi could be half of what Chara brings, then I'm sure the Habs would be thrilled.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote