HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve McIntyre

Old
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Why in the world would Engelland be let go? He's no enforcer, he doesn't have to fight to be effective on this team. He has skill believe it or not. He's a great 6th defenseman, and even when he plays with
Orpik, he doesn't play that bad, he's a tough, physcial player. So what if he doesn't fight.
He's being sarcastic because he thinks MacIntyre actually was useful at deterring anybody from doing anything.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
He's being sarcastic because he thinks MacIntyre actually was useful at deterring anybody from doing anything.
Yeah, I didn't notice until I read the end of his post. As soon as I saw "hopefully Engelland is the next to go" I immediately was confused.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:00 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiffLaff View Post
Dominoes
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
jerome garcia

im sure there was a reason gonchar crosschecked geno into the cage after he scored. who the **** on our team is gonna do anything about it? i say get rid of the instigator and let the players police themselves. not saying it would eliminate all the injuries, but at this point, can the league get any worse?

jerome garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
When did I insinuate that they were?

Instead of bringing up a strawman argument, you should try to address what my point actually was.
I get your 'point'. Which is why I said I was tired of seeing him in the press box, while teams physically humiliate us. If Bylsma doesn't play him in games like that, then he should be waived.

But I stand by my point that we have become one of the softest teams in the league, and I think that was evident last night, and certainly evident against Boston a few weeks ago.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome garcia View Post
im sure there was a reason gonchar crosschecked geno into the cage after he scored. who the **** on our team is gonna do anything about it? i say get rid of the instigator and let the players police themselves. not saying it would eliminate all the injuries, but at this point, can the league get any worse?
Well the refs didn't do anything about it. Just like they didn't do anything about Neil's flying elbow to Cookes head. The players obviously aren't going to do anything about it. I think teams know the blueprint to beat us, just hammer us physically.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Pens had 35 hits yesterday. Orpik alone had 10. Sens had 16.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Terrapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Pens had 35 hits yesterday. Orpik alone had 10. Sens had 16.

Only physical players lost from last season is Matt Cooke (3 hits last night btw).
Cooke, Orpik, and Neal played physcial last night. It's about time. But sorry, hit stats don't tell the whole story. I'd rather be hit 5 times by Richard Park or Dupuis, than 1 time by Neil, Lucic, Rupp, etc.

For the record, I'm not a fan of Macintyre. How could anyone be? He did zero while he was here. But I have to laugh at all the liberal, tree-hugging, pacifists who think teams aren't licking their chops to play soft, weak teams.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

Earth shattering news.

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:57 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I get your 'point'. Which is why I said I was tired of seeing him in the press box, while teams physically humiliate us. If Bylsma doesn't play him in games like that, then he should be waived.

But I stand by my point that we have become one of the softest teams in the league, and I think that was evident last night, and certainly evident against Boston a few weeks ago.
My POINT is that MacIntyre does NOTHING to stop teams from "physically humiliating" us. Do you think they are scared of him on the ice? He's too slow to hit anybody, and they aren't dumb enough to fight him. What's he going to do exactly? The answer is nothing, except cause teams to get extended zone time against us because he's a horrible hockey player. Sorry, but I think teams would actually wish MacIntyre was out on the ice more than less.

To get teams to stop "physically humiliating" us, we need to employ actual physical hockey players that aren't liabilities on the ice that can do things besides fight, and have the speed and brains to actually keep up with the pace of the game.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:59 PM
jerome garcia

it's a toughguy sport. you can never overlook that fact. i don't want to be a team of bullies, but there has to be a happy medium. you can be big, physical, and skilled. whether we can afford those kinds of players, i dont know. when it's 5 to 1 we should atleast be able to beat some ass since we cant win the game. why make it easy on a team we might have to face in the playoffs in a few months. maybe i'm wrong.

jerome garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:01 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Cooke, Orpik, and Neal played physcial last night. It's about time. But sorry, hit stats don't tell the whole story. I'd rather be hit 5 times by Richard Park or Dupuis, than 1 time by Neil, Lucic, Rupp, etc.

For the record, I'm not a fan of Macintyre. How could anyone be? He did zero while he was here. But I have to laugh at all the liberal, tree-hugging, pacifists who think teams aren't licking their chops to play soft, weak teams.
MacIntyre is too slow to hit anybody so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Also for the record I'm not a liberal, tree-hugging pacifist.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome garcia View Post
it's a toughguy sport. you can never overlook that fact. i don't want to be a team of bullies, but there has to be a happy medium. you can be big, physical, and skilled. whether we can afford those kinds of players, i dont know. when it's 5 to 1 we should atleast be able to beat some ass since we cant win the game. why make it easy on a team we might have to face in the playoffs in a few months. maybe i'm wrong.
That's all well and good, but MacIntyre was never going to be the guy who would beat some ass. Who is going to oblige fighting him in a 5-1 game, and if nobody obliges, who's he going to catch? He's too slow. Then if he does initiate a fight, he'd get a penalty and put us down a man. Not exactly something you want to happen when you are trying to get back into a game.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Not sure how this team is any less physical than last year or the year before.

And as far as retribution for hitting Cooke, did the Pens ever stand up for Cooke? Everyone knows he's a major target and will get hit. And quite frankly, he deserves it. I'm just confused why the Sens were after him last night.

Old
01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Quote:

We don't have Neil, Lucic, or Rupp. We do have Orpik, Engelland, Kunitz, Asham, and Neal. I agree stats don't tell the whole story, but when a team has more than twice the hits of its opponent that should tell you something.

I'm confused ab out your 2nd paragraph. Who here is a liberal tree hugger and what does it have to do with MacEntyre?

Old
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Huge loss.

I guess the tanking process has begun.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1273
MacIntyre has as much points as Tangardi and Jeffrey and combined they have played in 1 more game then Mac.

Another stat that stood out to me was the fact Mac only has 3 hits in 10 games and 0 shots on net.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
khaoskennedy

O happy day

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 04:39 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
MacIntyre has as much points as Tangardi and Jeffrey and combined they have played in 1 more game then Mac.
Jeffrey has been hurt pretty much all season, and wasn't right in the games that he did play in.

Tangradi has been yo-yoed around and the times that he has been up here, he's been on the 4th line with offensively inept players, sometimes even with MacIntyre. Also Tangradi has admittedly not played well in every stint he's been up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Another stat that stood out to me was the fact Mac only has 3 hits in 10 games and 0 shots on net.
MacIntyre is too slow to actually hit anybody.

Old
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 1273
Quote:
MacIntyre is too slow to actually hit anybody.
He was a worse skater then Godard.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
0 fights.

0 goddamned fights.
Seriously. How does that even happen?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Ominous Grey

Apparently RS reads HFBoards. I start a thread demanding this, and the same week Mac is waived.

Good on Shero for admitting he was wrong about the token enforcer. Not a huge deal, but it shows our GM can adapt if need be.

Oh yeah. 0 fights.

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Seriously. How does that even happen?
He's too big.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

If you're playing for a team with this many injuries, and they still don't need you, you're not very good.

Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote