HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Harts/G/Jagr

Old
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
No, its the ONLY problem.

That line has dominated for the entire season.

Jagr looked ESPECIALLY strong backchecking this season, but since the groin injury he hasnt been backchecking nearly enough.

Thats it really.

I mean Hartnell could come deeper into our zone at times, but his style of play is cherrypicking/drawing defenders to him... which gives G + jagr space to break out.
Giroux has been caught in No Man's Land in the D zone numerous times in recent games. Jagr not being 100% isn't even close to being the only reason.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Giroux has been caught in No Man's Land in the D zone numerous times in recent games. Jagr not being 100% isn't even close to being the only reason.
G isn't naturally gifted defensively, but at least he battles. Still, there are way too many times he loses his man, is caught watching the play, or just looks lost. It's bad.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
flyersguy33*

looking terrible out there tonight in our own end and were out there for the Islanders goal

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:31 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
He has been -2 tonight against the Isles. Mr. Everything seems to be trying too hard recently and he gets caught out there.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:42 AM
StandingCow

Ummm, I seem to remember giroux making a diving play in the defensive zone to possibly save a goal?

But, yea... it is pretty clear Jagr isn't healthy.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Madik77

G line was very good up to now. But two things happened and the same time; Jagr injury and G´s current "slump". I would be happy if they rest Jagr to be able to completely heal his groin. Will it take 5 or 10 games - doesn´t matter. I think the line will be in great shape at the beginning of the February again.

Madik77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Hartnell is a bad defensive player.
No.

And especially not this season. Corsi numbers are good. Team's +/- is worse when he's off the ice per 60, etc.

Heck, and I find this surprising, his penalties per 60 are at 1.1, but his penalties against is 1.0 per 60.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 09:37 PM
flyersguy33*

Cant break out of our zone 6 on 5, turn the puck over, and the Preds seal it with an empty net goal

Old
01-15-2012, 12:40 AM
kimmofan44

this line is being completely shut down by top d pairs and good defensive forward lines. something needs to be done to get g back on the score sheet. we won 4 of 6 on the road which is ok but in the long run you need your top guy in a posisition to do some damage, and this line has been figured out, exposed and shut down. lavy needs to go back to the drawing board. g h and j had a good run(about 30 games) its time to change it up.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:09 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Sit Jagr so he gets healthy. That simple.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Sit Jagr so he gets healthy. That simple.
Yeah, I think this is what should be done as well. Go something like this perhaps

Hartnell-Giroux-Couturier
Read-Talbot-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Brière
Sestito-Zolnierczyk-Rinaldo

or Holmstrom instead of Sestito if you want to call up a center instead.

It's better to rest Jagr than having him out there at 60% or whatever he's at at least.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
ICAPNASTYI

I'll start with Jagr, who looks absolutely awful, and is nearly useless w/o having his usual leg strength.

Giroux, has opposing teams all over him. Plays in the offensive zone and on the rush are next to guessable + easy to defend. Looking for the injured Jagr a good percentage of the time doesn't help either as the play usually dies now once the puck comes anywhere near him.

Hartnell continues to work his ass off like he has all season. He works hard in every part of the ice, but I'm sure a lot of the blame will be placed on him for poor play even though he's the only one on that line right now who looks decent.

I think the obvious fix right now is to sit Jagr and let him heal. What's the point of having him play right now anyway when he is clearly nowhere near his usual level of play and hurting others ? Throw Voracek up there and you'll probably see that line producing again.

ICAPNASTYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
2minutes4slashing

I cant even imagine Hartnell playing for another team , he's been well worth his weight in gold for the past 4 seasons ... turned into a premiere power forward .

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Left Circle OneTimer

Really disappointed with Giroux's only 2 points and a -6 in his last 6 games

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICAPNASTYI View Post
I'll start with Jagr, who looks absolutely awful, and is nearly useless w/o having his usual leg strength.

Giroux, has opposing teams all over him. Plays in the offensive zone and on the rush are next to guessable + easy to defend. Looking for the injured Jagr a good percentage of the time doesn't help either as the play usually dies now once the puck comes anywhere near him.

Hartnell continues to work his ass off like he has all season. He works hard in every part of the ice, but I'm sure a lot of the blame will be placed on him for poor play even though he's the only one on that line right now who looks decent.

I think the obvious fix right now is to sit Jagr and let him heal. What's the point of having him play right now anyway when he is clearly nowhere near his usual level of play and hurting others ? Throw Voracek up there and you'll probably see that line producing again.
Jagr played what, 2 bad games since coming back from injury? You're making it sound like Jagr is the only reason why the first line was struggling.

Did you watch last game, Jagr was all over the ice, why didn't Giroux get 4 Pts?

Jagr was injured, and he seems to be healthy again. The line will be fine and Giroux will get back on track and contend for the Art Ross once again and Jagr will return to a PPG pace.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

So...Hartnell is leading the team in goals.

What.

01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So...Hartnell is leading the team in goals.

What.
Yea, and that line is really good in the defensive zone. Looked spectacular on that first goal right there.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:12 PM
flyersguy33*

Great showing by this line tonight

Old
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
I hope I don't see this line together again for a long time.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Lol now im questioning the fact of if Giroux will even make ppg at the end of the season.

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:55 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Jagr and Giroux were passing every puck to the Islanders tonight. Split them up, they are being stopped every game.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Hartnell pretty much carries this line defensively. Giroux has not been good on defense this year.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:48 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Yea, definitly agree with splitting this line up.

Honestly, I think Its time for a shakeup. 1st thing is to get Talbot off of the 2nd line winger and move Couturier up.

I'd go:

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Jagr (**** show defensively, but maybe they can get something moving.)
Read-Couturier-Simmonds (Read and Couturier always put up points while on the same line)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:00 PM
BringBackStevens

I love giroux and he's one of my absolute favorite players, but it's time to admit that he isn't that good defensively. He works hard at it, yes. Sometimes his problems are positional but often he's in the vicinity of where he should be, but lacks the muscle to make the play, or the extra few inches in reach to break up the pass.

He's also not quite an absolute top flight scorer either. He's been bad for a few weeks now

Love him, but people went too far with the praise. I also still probably like him at wing

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:17 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
I love giroux and he's one of my absolute favorite players, but it's time to admit that he isn't that good defensively. He works hard at it, yes. Sometimes his problems are positional but often he's in the vicinity of where he should be, but lacks the muscle to make the play, or the extra few inches in reach to break up the pass.

He's also not quite an absolute top flight scorer either. He's been bad for a few weeks now

Love him, but people went too far with the praise. I also still probably like him at wing
Eh, when some overrate his defense alot of people underrate it. His defensive ability is average. If he was such a ****** defensive player, he wouldn't be on the pk. I know they aren't the same thing, but bad defensive players still wouldn't be playing in that position. I always debated with Jester about this, for I am on the side where size isn't everything. I think you can be small but good defensively. Yea he isn't a top flight scorer, but many other teams have centers who are scoring less than him and also aren't the best defensively. that being said, I wouldn't be too opposed with him as a winger, but it HAS to be with a player that can keep up with him offensively. Right now our legit centers are Giroux, Briere, Schenn and Couturier. Briere has been bad and Schenn has been average. Couturier, while playing good, is only 19 years old. We dont have many other choices at the moment, and honestly, I HIGHLY doubt we go for another center.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote