so do we give Mike Yeo a pass this year

Old
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Give him a pass? He still deserves the Jack Adams.
No ****.

I've seen some stupid, pessimistic **** posted on various forums about this team, but frankly, this one takes the cake.

I almost guarantee you that at least 25 other coaches would be making the "injury" excuse. Yeo hasn't done that once. Bylsma hasn't either.

Getcherheadouttayerarse.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
No ****.

I've seen some stupid, pessimistic **** posted on various forums about this team, but frankly, this one takes the cake.

I almost guarantee you that at least 25 other coaches would be making the "injury" excuse. Yeo hasn't done that once. Bylsma hasn't either.

Getcherheadouttayerarse.
I see a quality connection there.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
State of Hockey

vCash: 500
Yeo's already earned a pass in my book no matter what happens the rest of the season.

However there's one area of the team that should be a concern. And that's the struggle with holding leads. The Wild is 24th in the league in points percentage when scoring first, 21st when leading after 1 period, and 20th when leading after 2 periods. Lemaire teams used to own those categories, and top NHL teams in general do well too. For a very low scoring team (on both sides of the puck) such as this one, that isn't where the Wild needs to be for future success.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Yeo's already earned a pass in my book no matter what happens the rest of the season.

However there's one area of the team that should be a concern. And that's the struggle with holding leads. The Wild is 24th in the league in points percentage when scoring first, 21st when leading after 1 period, and 20th when leading after 2 periods. Lemaire teams used to own those categories, and top NHL teams in general do well too. For a very low scoring team (on both sides of the puck) such as this one, that isn't where the Wild needs to be for future success.
Who would've ever guessed that the Wild would be bad at playing the trap?

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote